Where do you normally get your 3rd parties?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by transmuseum, Jun 25, 2014.

1. transmuseum

transmuseum The professor

Ebay:
    I am trying to get an idea on where to get these bad boys besides ebay :)  what do you do?

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    BBTS, BBTS, and....BBTS. Just making sure I'm not missing anything. :lol 

3. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My places of choice are Ace's and The Chosen Prime.

Both ship same day, free shipping at $125 and $150 respectively, but TCP has $5 coupons for every $150. Already up to $20 off my next order, it adds up quick.

4. transmuseum

transmuseum The professor

Ebay:
    :O that is an amazing deal with the coupons lol I need to do something like that for my store.

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    TFSource. Reduced international shipping over $150 and no hassle with the customs = win.

6. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

There are many online retailers out there people use.
    I am from Greece since nobody really stood out for me I tried Robotkingdom, Tf source, Chimungmung for the most part, no complaints for any of them.

Since you're from USA you may find it better to stick with the american retailers like BBTS, Tfsource, Captured prey and a lot more other people will mention since you'll get better shipping times, to import taxes and many of them have free shipping for orders over $150.

7. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Aces toy store and toy arena

Or bbts

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Typically BBTS, but other stores like Aces Toy Store, Captured Prey, Robot Kingdom, and even eBay for the more obscure stuff that BBTS doesn't have or won't touch (such as the FireFair Hegemon upgrade kit).

9. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Toydojo (excellent service and fast shipping plus allows me to balance my TF funds by being able to pay now or later upon arrival)
    2. BBTS (easiest way to manage preorders if I'm unsure about something)
    3. Only if the price + shipping comes out cheaper ActionRobo
    4. Chimungmung for the stuff that is no longer in stock stateside

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource for the big one shot deals like Giant, Intimidator, and Quantron.

BBTS for most others as the POL is built around Hasbro stuff.

11. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

BBTS only, unless one of the other retailers has an exclusive that I want.

12. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

I do all my preorders through BBTS. They have the easiest cancellation policy IMO as it doesn't require an email to customer service and you're not charged until the item is in-stock. I've been burned plenty of times by putting faith in the smaller guys only to have to pay upfront and they get "short shipped" from the supplier or are just plain months behind the big boys. That being said Toy Dojo is my go to for in-stock items. I've never had a problem with them ever.

13. Darbus Prime

Darbus Prime Well-Known Member

BBTS, I misused the tfsource equivalent to PoL. It was a huge hassle to work out and bbts has never given me an issue.

14. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the majority of 3P purchases, The Chosen Prime. Every now and again BBTS if I got a really good 'early bird' on something, but Brandon gets my business for most.

15. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot to mention earlier in my post, that TCP also does free preorders with no upfront payment and easy, no hassle cancellation.

16. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource all the way for me :) 

17. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    ToyDojo, and let me explain why, so that you can make your own decision on how/what you expect from a vendor.

1- EdBomber owns ToyDojo and is an active participant of these boards. What does that mean? Direct access to the owner of the site. Not a round robin of Client Service reps, where one may be great at their job and another give you a completely different answer. It's personal service, FROM THE OWNER on the site YOU visit.

2- Free Shipping on Orders of over $150.

3- Shipments are usually sent out within 1-2 days of arriving to their warehouse. Also, the shipping that they use (even for free) is FAST. If they ship out Monday or Tuesday, I ALWAYS get it the same week. That is from Dallas (their location) to NY (My location) You have to pay extra with some Bigger Bader vendors to get that service. In my experience with those toy stores, I ship my item on Monday, it doesn't actually ship from them till Wednesday, and I usually don't get it until Monday or Tuesday of the next week. And that is from (Minneapolis to NJ, which is a shorter distance).

4- They package each item individually in bubble wrap. So if you order three items, all three will be individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Why is this important? Well, ever get 2 MPs and A Fort Maxx shipped to you in one box and all three being wrapped in the same bubble wrap? You know what happens? The boxes band against each other, and all the sudden you have $500 of damaged boxes.

Sure some places will say, send it back. So you can wait another 2 weeks round trip for your boxes. Not to mention, if said places don't learn from their mistakes, you can get the boxes damaged the second time around. But personally, I rather not have to deal with that issue.

5- ToyDojo does PREORDERS, where you PAY WHEN IT ARRIVES. Yup, so you don't have to pay now, and wait 9 months to have the item. Why does this matter? PayPal protection expires in 3 months. And also, you can hang on to your own money.

6- They tend to be $5 or so cheaper then the bigger badder competitors.

7- HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART. ALL PAY ATTENTION. For item #2, please notice how I said on orders of over $150. Notice I did not say ITEMS of over $150. Now here is the importance.

ToyDojo ships your order when EVERYTHING is in stock. What does this mean. You can customize how you want your orders shipped.

Want to buy a figure that is in stock now that is $60, and preorder a 3rd Party ($90) figure that won't be in stock for a month. Put those in the same order. They equal $150, and you ship when the Preorder item comes in stock.

Other places like BBTS advertise this same thing as "Pile of Loot" and claim you save on shipping doing it this way.

I am sorry, but NOT PAYING SHIPPING is better then paying shipping at all.

8- It's an additive effect. You gotta look at the TOTAL money you save.

Let's say you ordered Scoria from BBTS. You would spend $199 for the figure. Then you would spend the $16 or whatever for the shipping. TOTAL COST = $215. You order Scoria from ToyDojo for $195 and FREE SHIPPING, TOTAL COST = $195.

That is a $20 saved on a single figure. Best part, you can play with it now. No need to wait for your Pile of Loot or whatever to stack to save money on shipping.

18. DisappearingOne

DisappearingOne Well-Known Member

Mostly BBTS. They're probably the easiest to use and have great customer service. Occasionally Captured Prey for those items that BBTS decides not to carry. I might give CP more of my business if they didn't charge up-front for pre-orders.

19. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I've been a fan of BBTS for ages, I've never had an issue with them ever, but there is no free shipping option available.

TFSource has been good to me with instock items and offer free shipping over $150. It's a pain to preorder from them, though, as there's no way to cancel items that aren't "stacked" without way too much hassle.

ToyDojo has worked out really well, and has great customer service. They're worth a try.

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    BBTS. Should probably switch though cause I'm tired of UPS