Where did your parents hide your presents?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Murasame, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Inspired by this thread http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...053545-christmas-combiners-kids-presents.html

I wonder where did your parents hide your presents and did you find them? What did you do?

My parents used to go out playing ninepins on thursdays and I mostly remember the time where I wished for Optimus Prime and found the presents hidden in their wardrobe. It was many weeks before christmas. I found Optimus Prime stashed away behind some stuff and was so happy. Everytime they went out I went into their bedroom to have a look at Powermaster Optimus Prime. It felt like an eternity until christmas finally arrived. And then I had to act surprised :lol  But I think they eventually found out that I found their hiding place.

2. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my parents hid some of them in their room.. some of them in the back/side of the hallway closet.. and they also hid some in the corner of the dining room between the china cabinet and the wall.

.. when i was a little kid i'd touch the blanket that was covering the stuff.. but i never actually went looking through everything. i never wanted to ruin the surprise. it was one of the best parts of christmas.

my parents would also, sometimes, hide big things elsewhere.. then on christmas eve they'd bring them into the garage.. and once i was done opening my gifts in the morning, and was little disappointed since whatever the big gift i wanted was no where in sight.. that's when my parents would bring out the big gift as a surprise.

prior to that, they'd keep the big gift in the back of the pile under the tree, and even though it was wrapped, you could usually tell what it was. so, i think they waited until the end to reveal the big present so that i was more excited for the stuff that came before it.

man.. i love christmas.

even now as an adult, i still love christmas.. and my mom is still funny.. she always wants us "kids" to open stuff one at a time and in a certain order lol.. it takes a little more time, but it's really fun. i'm glad i was raised without the "free for all" mentality. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, i just prefer it this way.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I moved far too many times to remember any places that I found them.

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Under the tree. Some gifts would come in a month and a half ahead of time and it would stay there... taunting me with it's holiday wrapping, bows and cheerful demeanor.

One time I opened my gift and found a nice huge flashligh/radio. I thanked my parents while crying. They asked me to
    check the box for a secret area. Yeah. at least 20 joes were in it.

5. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My mom would wrap the gifts early and put them under the tree. The only problem with that is that I knew all the box shapes and sizes of all the Transformers I wanted, so just by feel I knew what figure I was going to get. :D 

6. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    In plain sight. I thought I was getting a Freightliner but it turns out Optimus Prime was on the driveway all that time.

Clever.

7. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    So, growing up, I never found any presents my parents hid, and for good reason

A few years ago I found one they forgot about, while cleaning out the storage unit

So my presents were never at my house to begin with, they were locked up several miles away until Christmas eve

8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    at first I read
    and was like whaaat? :D 

interesting stories, everyone! :) 

9. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

One year I decided to look around when my mom was not home. (single parent household) I found ALL of my gifts in her closest. Even the stocking stuffers. The big gift that year was a duel tape deck boom box with removable speakers. This was back in the day that they were still all the rage. (Dating myself here :redface2:  ) I even took it out and played with it. Then VERY carefully put it all back the way that it was. She had no idea, even to this day. But it ruined my Christmas that year. So that was the first and last time that I looked. It just was not worth it.

10. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somewhere creative. Very creative.

Usually they're hidden in odd places like the fridge or the washing machine, here was one time "Santa" left me a clue as to where the present is... I only got it after 27 hints and three laps around the block. It was in the oven.

Also can't forget that other time when I thought I was getting no present until the moment I went to bed - it was placed so strategically on a shelf you wouldn't see it unless you were lying in bed the other way around. How I figured it out astounds me even to this day. And it was a Leader class, to boot!

11. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    :lol 

What a twist!!!!

12. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

Top of their bedroom wardrobe placed in black bin bags.

Needless to say peeks were stolen.

13. Tux Chaos X

Tux Chaos X Spades Slick

When we all lived at home, they stored them in their bedroom closet. It was a pretty secure place as that was the one area we didn't normally poke around in.

14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    my mom had a system, she'd buy a few things in front of me, most things i didn't know later, put them in the metal closet, and told me "remember,if you go through it, i'll know, and this will be the last christmas ever"
    i didn't want to be "the boy that killed christmas" so i left them as they were.

15. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Their own closet.

16. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I can kind of see that as a Tim Burton movie "The boy that killed christmas" :D 

17. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    A few years ago on my birthday my parents asked me to go and pray in the prayer room.After praying they asked me to go and pray again.I was like what?????Then when I went in again I saw ROTF Deluxe Mudflap right there in front of me on the floor.

18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I totally blew it one time.

My dad used to hide presents in HIS closet. Theres was moms..and dads closets. Dads closet..was FORBIDDEN.Serious no no to go in dads closet.

Must have been 83 or 84, so I was 7 or 8. Transformers were in the 1st year of release.

He knew I wanted transformers. I didnt specify. I dont rememeber which ones I wanted just seen alot in the store. A few weeks before Christmas I sneaked in the closet....and peeked to see if there were presents.

Dear god..A TRU bag. And Inside it was Ratchet..Sideswipe.. Hound and Mirage. Also some of the really good GIJOE things I had been looking at in stores.

I wanna say it was the same day, my parents asked us to make our christmas list.

On my list..my dumbass wrote Transformers Ratchet..Sideswipe..Hound and Mirage, As well as the EXACT GIJOE items that were in the bag.

When My dad looked at the list..He gave me the death gaze. I knew I was done. I knew right then and there he was going to take all that shit back. I looked at him with that feeble attempt at "kid dumbassery" like I didnt know why he was giving me the death gaze. I knew...HE KNEW..that I knew..

Nothing was said.

That christmas I got those 4 autobots, and Optimus prime.

When I opened the 1st one (ratchet) I did a complete fake "OOoohh wow!! sooo cool! what a surprise!!" my dad looks at me with "The eyebrows" and says.."Yeaaaaa....Big surprise you lil shit.."

I must have blushed badly.

I remember it was one of the last christmas's with my Grandpa. A grizzeled old war vet of the Aleutian Islands during the war..one of the toughest men to have walked this planet.
    I showed him hound, and he says "well thats a nice jeep Davie.." I said "wait!..." TF'd it..showed him it was now in fact a robot.
    Grandpa says.."huh..why would a boy want that?? it was a perfectly good jeep?!? stupid toys these days.."

At the end of our unwrapping apree, my dad went behind the couch and grabbed anothe rpresent..handed it to me..and says "I dont think you seen THIS one.." still..giving me the eyebrows from the forbidden closet debacle.
    I opened up optimus Prime. And THAT...WAS..GLORIOUS.

Before Dinner...my dad asked me to come out to the garage. No biggie. He always asked me to help him with shit here and there.

AMBUSHED.

Death Gaze, COMPLETE with the added Eyebrows. I froze in my tracks and he closed the door. Secluded from the family I was sure I was dead.
    He says "I hope you learned your lesson. If you hadnt peeked at the presents you would be surprised..now it wasnt as much fun was it now??"

"no dad..Im sorry.."

"Dont Lie..Dont Sneak..Dont do that bullshit of going behind me EVER..ever again, son. I love you ..Merry Christmas"

I also have another Christmas story I share at christams time. Its one of the most EPIC "kid gets Present" stories ever.

Dave

19. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    My parents kept them locked in their bedroom closet. Fortunately for me I had an affinity for picking locks. When they found out they started locking their bedroom door too. But as I said, i had an affinity for getting around such obstacles :) 

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Normally, my parents hide the presents in my dad's private office/study (a repurposed extra bedroom) which is locked all the time and while it was pretty much an open secret, back when I was young enough to actually bother wanting to spoil my surprise presents I didn't have the patience to bother learning how to pick locks with a bent paperclip.

Sometimes, though, for whatever reason some presents would end up in the shelving unit behind my parent's giant queen-sized bed. The fatal flaw there was there was a large, open gap in the cabinet-like headboard's back panel (the thing dates back to the 60's I think) that pulling the mattress just back enough could give a direct line of sight to what was supposed to be completely out of sight. Even then, the stuff was still in bags so if the opening wasn't within reach of my small arms I could only get a vague idea of what was inside - amusingly, the only time I recall ever actually directly seeing what was in a bag was a few years ago when I could make out the unmistakable artwork of an Animated Transformer's packaging flap, but I'd somehow mistakenly believed the name (which was obscured by something else) had been Lugnut*. So imagine my surprise when it actually turned out to be Animated Leader Megatron days later under the plastic tree.

*Not directly related to the thread topic, but incidentally I would indirectly get Lugnut the following Christmas anyway

Those have got to be the most unusual places I've ever heard of presents being held long term.

Starring Johnny Depp and coming to theaters Christmas Eve