Where did they confirmed the Fire Truck's identity ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    THAT'S it! Thank you. I knew there was another name. I keep thinking that Barricade had one of Blackout's name's at one point, but I can't remember which. I might be thinking of Frenzy being Soundwave->Soundbyte->Frenzy.

Or was Barricade Brawl at one point...

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Remember how Brawl was his final name on all the merchandise, and Devastator was only his name in one subtitle because Bay thought it sounded cool?

Yup.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Yeah. Barricade's character sheet had the name Brawl on it at one time, as well as Blackout actually being called Devastator on his early concept drawing.

Names got thrown allover the place during the early development of the first movie. At the very begining of the project they really didn't know how to approach the concept of translating Transformers to the big screen until they actually sat down with Hasbro and learned a little bit more about it.

I remember hearing originally in a very early concept none of the Transformers talked, or even had personality. Some fans talk about the movie characters not getting enough screen time, it could have been a lot worse. lol

I think you're making a lot of assumptions. Maybe the title "father" isn't ment in the literal sense. Or at least not in the same way as it does to humans.
    Maybe Sentinel is Optimus's father in that he built him using the Allspark.

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

See this is the funny thing you assume that my concept of the father son thing comes from prior mythos when in fact im sayin in the terms of the movie mythos it doesnt even make sense. unless megatron and prime are crapping out protoforms left and right.

The movie mythos is more of a jumbled mess than any continuity that has come before. They cant even keep the story straight in one film never mind across two. Oh ya jazz is dead but they can bring back every decepticon from the beginning of time. Never mind the fact they couldnt even edit the film correctly to make devastator consist of constructicons they had to let the fan base make up and excuse and call them clones/drones. lol

this is not so much an opinion as it is a fact. The movies are essentially a rushed job so ILM can make these beautiful CGI renders.

I Love the look of movie designs especially when they look so real and intricate but dont tell me there is actually a good story underneath glitz when there clearly is not.

Adding sentinel prime just adds more to the arguement that they dont have a clue about the franchise and that its only about getting these films out there quickly. if sentinel is there and he is primes dad it blows up two of the movie verses own continuities the easiest of which is the "magical" link between the fallen and the last living prime. So the fallen is dormant until prime dies but oh wait there is now sentinel prime wtf ??? was he outside of the fallens wifi reciever range oh wait maybe he was on 802.11 G and sentinel only corresponds on 802.11 A. If true its all a joke lol

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I can agree with you on the fact that the movie's stories have not been handled well at all. Though I do think that there is a base concept within the movies that has a lot of potential for a great story. It just sadly has been poorly executed.

6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the movies were a good opportunity for someone to set up a good, well thought out universe and mythos a la Harry Potter instead of the on-the-fly storytelling of G1 and other previous generations, but rather than planning ahead, things do very much seem made up as they've gone along, particularly in ROTF, and it may or may not be the case in TF3. Certainly some things from ROTF will be quite hard to reconcile. It's a shame really, because aside from a few exceptions, I love the designs, and as most can't translate fully into toys (certainly not with the exact transformation), their real chance to shine would be in a well thought out fiction. But what we've got is what we've got, so I'm just going to try and see what happens and enjoy the next movie.

7. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    From the way you worded your comment it sounded as if you were opposed to the concept of Transformers having mothers and fathers in general, not just as an example of poor continuity in the movie universe, so that's what I was responding to. My bad for misinterpreting what you were trying to say.

Still, I don't see how you're perfectly fine with the idea of one spark splitting into two to create "brothers" but opposed to the same idea - say, one Transformer shares a part of their spark to give life to another ala Rampage & TM2 Dinobot - as a "Father/Son" dynamic. It may not jive with the mythos established in TF1 but there's precedent for it after ROTF.

That being said, we can certainly agree that the movies haven't done the best job of handling their own continuity but have really handled the intricate CGI very well.

8. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this is true is could work, if they give him the same personality as Animated SP ,Sentinel Prime would not want to get on the bad side of Movie Optimus Prime if he wants to keep his face :lol .

he could be a newly made(i dont know how they know who is Prime in the movieverse) Prime

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Heh If Sentinel is anything like the TFA incarnation, maybe all the violent moments with Optimus in ROTF was just pent up aggression of dealing with an abusive father. :p 

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think its the same Sentinel Prime from ROTF. All the ancients died when they hid the matrix.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That would go well with the abusive/repressed homoerotic relationship between Megatron and Starscream.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Sentinel's not one of the "Ancients" though.