Where did they confirmed the Fire Truck's identity ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Roadtrack, Aug 28, 2010.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime led an expedition where it took him fourteen galactic convergences to get an echo of something.

Whether or not he is one of the original Primes or in the later Dynasty of Primes is uncertain. He does however seem to be one of the direct ancestors of Optimus Prime.

Sentinel Prime was mentioned in a rambling lecture of Sam Witwicky's while under an All Spark fragment-induced trance.

In an early draft of the first Transformers film, time stops as Sam Witwicky falls down the building Megatron smashed, and Sentinel appears to him via the All Spark. Sentinel would've clarified the history of the war and the relationship between Optimus and Megatron (when the writers intended them to be siblings), and gave him a clue to defeating Megatron with the Cube.

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Fair enough, but it just bugs me. If there is another Prime, I hope it's explained in the movie, so the continuity isn't screwed up too bad. I still hope this is misinformation. If not... I hope this Sentinel is semi like-able.

Wait, should this be front-paged?

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i don't think the anyone who is in production in this movie would reveal names to a guard. the guard probably called his son and asked who is the big truck and his son thought of animated sentinel.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm thinking that this is misinformation. Bay's notorious for his misinformation campaigns.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I'm sure it's a waste of time to say... Patience, just wait until all bots names are confirmed, maybe with pictures too :thumb ( but I did it anyway :D )

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

True, but what worries me is that this isn't Bay or Nelson. Toxicon was right, this gaurd looked like he didn't have the time or patience to screw with the fans' heads.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if Bay and the writers/actors would give such important information to a security guard.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

It's definitely doubtful that Bay and crew would reveal the actual characters' names to a security guard when they're trying to keep such things a secret until it gets closer to the time TF3 hits theaters.

8. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Interesting. Not sure if Sentinel Prime would result in a "flames-on-Optimus"-like reaction from fans, but it would definitely be more of a major development than if this turned out to be Inferno or Hosehead.

Perhaps not but a security guard on the Bethlehem Steel set (during the ROTF shoot) first started the rumor that the ice cream truck was twin Autobots. That rumor was all but confirmed by leaked call sheets a few days later. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this security guard overhead something or saw part of a call sheet where the vehicle's identity was shown.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    :throw 

10. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

I doubt they would intentionally reveal things like that to a security guard. However, security is all over the set, so they can overhear just about anything. The true test if this is real or not, would be to see if that guard is back to work tomorrow.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Hopefully if it is indeed Sentinel Prime, this might make way for a CUG toy for his G1 version.

12. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

CUG toy??

13. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    This would fall in line with Nelson's carrot about blowing the minds of the fans... and not necessarily in a good way.

To me, I'm good with it. HOWEVER....they had better give a reason as to why Sentinel PRIME was not even considered when the Fallen said "The last prime is dead".

14. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

That's easy, everyone thought he was dead already. Pretty simple.

Sentinel shows up. "Hey everybody! How the hell are ya?"
    Optimus and crew, "We thought you were dead!"
    Sentinel, "Well, I was dead. But I got better!"

15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That's more less what I was thinking. Possibly he was in a form of stasis lock until now.

Or the guard was indeed just messing with people. though it seems like such an odd thing to just make up. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. But it sounds like a plausible outcome.

:lol 

16. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    Classics/Universe/Generations

17. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Isn't that supposed to be CHUG? Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations

18. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

:lol 

Sentinel Prime would definitely be interesting. I'm mostly hoping it's not, but if it is? Eh, could be interesting. I'll wait for the movie to give my judgments. It could be some random new Autobot for all we know and that security guy is part of Bay's notorious misinformation campaign. So... eh. We'll see. The speculation is fun, but we won't know for sure until the movie is actually released.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    Not as far as I'm concerned (And I'm not the only one who thinks so), since Henkei is merely the Takara release of those figures, and as such doesn't need to be incorporated into the acronym.

20. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That's a pretty extreme misinformation campaign. I mean, he probably heard the name when they are being brought into the lot. It may even have slipped out on accident. While I imagine it's possible for the drivers to be on orders to lie, or that they told the security guard himself to lie, I doubt it would have been that way.

I always imagine that leaks like this come from guys pretty low on the hierarchy of production and a lot security guard would be there. He hears a name a lot and doesn't hear to keep it a secret.