when will we see titans return domestically?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by doomtron, Mar 13, 2016.

1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Just curious of people's thoughts on this.i can't see the final wave six of deluxes lasting entirely too long being the final wave .takara has tr listed for July preorder and we have been getting our haul considerably earlier. I am picturing April

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think Aug or Sept

3. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Yeah if it is a July release date for Takara, it should be earlier for Hasbro?

What waves come after the Sky Reign wave? Is there any or is CW as a main release over?

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    It was states at NYTF this summer, which means they should start rolling up in late April through May, by June theu should be eveywhere. Plus Takara is realsing theres this Summer, and they are usually later then Hasbro. It's weird to think it, but the next wave of Transformers will be Titans Return.

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

WTF guys. We are already 3 waves into to TR. Man, you guys must have time travel issues.

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I hope June at the earliest.

7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    That's my point takara has been six months behind Hasbro on their uw releases. I am halfway expecting them to show up soon

8. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Does anyone remember how non existent the last thrilling 30 wave was? Arcee

9. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

There will also be the recently revealed revision wave of deluxe figures with Combaticons, Wheeljack, and Smokescreen. So this will fill the gap for that size class until TR figures start shipping.

Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars 2016 Wave 02 Revision 01 - Case of 8 - Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe

This seems to be the last wave of Voyagers for CW, unless they decide to do a revision wave like they did for the deluxes. But the voyagers have been slower getting to retail. I still have not seen any sign of either wave with Onslaught at retail, but have seen many sets of the wave 6 deluxe figures.

10. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i hope we get more of the previous wave characters released in revisions before TR show up. like the tan onslaught/blue shockwave actually happening

11. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Forgot about the revision wave :( 

12. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

Sadly, due to how bad distribution is, I don't think we'll be seeing much of Titan Returns in stores. We'll be lucky if the store restock any time soon. Or, maybe they learned their lesson, let's hope.

13. Prime Wannabe

Prime Wannabe Active Member

Can anybody tell me why distribution is so bad? Like many others on here, I too have lots of trouble finding figures at retail. Sometimes many months after people see them in stores. Just curious, I suppose...

14. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Age of extinction and a dock worker strike last year

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    What's strange to me is that we haven't seen any official solicitations post-toyfair from BBTS, Entertainment Earth and the like... makes me feel like Hasbro's having some sort of problems in the supply chain. If they are coming in the next 2-3 months, we should have order information by now. Hasbro said "Fall 2016" back at NYCC, and I always assumed that'd mean around August (since typically first retail sighting are usually about 2 months before what Hasbro says at conventions), but it's hard to imagine them leaving the shelves barren of new Deluxes/Voyagers/Legends in the Generations line for 6 months and letting Takara get a jump start soon them.
    Wile the dock worker strike was certainly part of it, it's far beyond that, Hasbro's distribution has just been abysmal now for a good 3-4 years. i note that other brands (lego/Mattel/TMNT/How Wheels) don't seem to have anywhere near the problems of getting sufficient product to shelves like Hasbro does, just look at the abysmal Star Wars distribution surrounding the Force Awakens toys...

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    When not tied to a movie push, new products tend to roll out during two periods:
    In the post-Christmas reset period (Jan-Feb) and the fall/Christmas build up period (late August to September).

Titans Return will start shipping in July for broad "availability" by the time stores reset toy sections for the fall. But keep in mind that Generations is continuing to use the same SKU, so back inventory could still be an issue.

We'll probably see pre-orders start rolling out by the end of the month, if not April.

17. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Well-Known Member

I'm not holding my breath. I just finally saw the Combaticon wave for the first time about two weeks ago, and that was only at TRU (yay $20 limbs...) In one local Target they've still only got wave 2. Wave 2 from last year (Stunticons). Overall, the only waves that seem to have been easy to find in plentiful numbers are the Protectobots and the first set of Autobots (Prowl & co).

Sounds like where I am they just skip post-Christmas reset period, as almost nothing ever seems to show up in that period anymore. If it's not out by November, probably not seeing anything until spring (if VERY lucky) or summer. Only the fall stuff ever seems to show up on time.

18. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Defensor limb in my local area in Ft Worth TX. I think we got skipped completely.

19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    For me you had to go to Meijers to get any Wave 3 figures.

20. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    A local Kroger with a big toy department (for a grocery store) has been resetting lately. I saw a new tag for what must be a TR figure. The description printed on the tag "TRA GNRTNS ALT MODES" with a price of $6.99 I can't think of anything in the current Generations line that could match this as the smallest size is legends class, which would not have a regular price that low. This store also does not carry any of the CW line, but does have RID figures clearly noted as such on the tags. I figure this must be for the individual Titanmaster figures, but it seems a bit early for them to already have pegs designated for them.