When will Transformers get there “Clone Wars” ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, May 4, 2020.

1. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Prime was Pretty close to that level but since then its been nothing but Dogshit.

there is so many cool stories about Transformers and with clone wars coming back recently it really makes me wish we could get a series like clone wars. Withe the same quality, the same appreciation. The show could literally last years. Showing us from the dawn of the war all the war to the very end. In that awesome 3d animation.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Try to cut me in half. I DARE YOU!

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Siege might be it hopefully based on the rumors it might be the best TF show since prime and animated

• Like Like x 2
  3. SkwarpCracker

SkwarpCracker Member

Sadly I don't think it ever will. Transformers cartoons have too many restraints that prevent anything on that scale from being made (having to sell toys, budget restraints, successfully airing on a platform, tone, etc) Hell, the only reason Clone Wars lasted as long as it did was because the money to make it was coming out of George's pocket, it stopped being a good business prospect long before cancelation, hence season 5 being moved to a Saturday morning death slot on Cartoon Network. I think Hasbro botching the Aligned continuity has also turned them off to the idea of making anything on a grand scale, and even if they did, it's very unlikely they'd be able to get it right.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    It really is unfortunate. If the makers of Clone Wars were given Transformers god it would be so awesome. It really does suck that transformers gets shitted on in the Cartoon Series department because thats what really grows a fan base even more so then movies. I guess all transformers will be fore now is really jus toys as to where star wars is the full circle. Movies , Shows, Video games. It sucks because for a long time i loved TF more then star wars... but now i feel my feelings have changed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Interesting idea but i don't see it happening.

6. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Transformers doesn't have a "Dave Filoni", so until that happens, never.
    I have zero expectations for SIEGE, since the showrunner is apparently the same dimbulb who made that Machinima travesty about flame mistresses and some other random bullshit that the guy pulled out of his ass. For all the inconsistencies and slight drawbacks the original show may have had, that was our universe's "canon" so I'm pretty annoyed when every new show comes along and tries to reinvent the wheel. And personally, I don't think most of these new shows do a good job--I think, short that it was, the idea of Orion Pax being the "everyman" idolizing Megatron and then coming to grips with being betrayed by his hero only to reincarnate into the new hero for his faction as Optimus Prime as depicted in "War Dawn" is the best origin story for Prime and Megatron we've ever gotten. All the BS nowadays about Prime being some kind of librarian or some shit who gets dragged into the war, or even worse being some "mystery 13th Prime, oooo!" is dumb.

So long story short, as long as these shows purport to be "going full G1!!!11!!11!" or "made for the hardcore G1 fans!" and then do anything but, I'm not confident we'll ever get a "Clone Wars" with Transformers. Honestly, though, I think it wouldn't be that hard that hard to do if we could get someone competent, though, just watch Seasons 1 and 2 of G1 and then make little branches off the episodes that take place on Cybertron, enough to tell the story of what happened off screen after the Ark crew left or something like that.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Try to cut me in half. I DARE YOU!

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Well one of the writers said it’s his best work and based on rumors it got me really excited and there’s no way hasbro is going to let this fail if it does transformers is going to have a dark future ahead of them

8. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

the sad fact is that i dont think that Transformers will ever be as popular as Star wars. the whole transformers hype started and ended within 10 years, thanks to bayformers, but now it's not really popular anymore, even if bumblebee was mostly adored by critics. i dont see it rising again, unless the future films are a hit. IF the movies somehow become immensely successful and there is a huge demand for Transformers, then i could totally see a clone wars show coming!

but...nah. i doubt the movies will ever reached the same heights as bayformers did, even though i think it would get better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has rebooted Transformers every 2 or 3 years (give or take a year) consistently since 1996. That model has been working for them very well & I don’t see them changing that any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Do I ever shut up?

News Credits:
    I agree with @RodimusZero Transformers doesn't have a Dave Faloni, the closest person they ever had was DJ Wyatt, but he was only a character designer and only had some input on animated and 1 conversation with the TF: Prime Crew.

I feel like something everyone forgets about The Clone Wars is it was at it's best, whenever it was about to get canceled. Because when it was at that stage, they went swinging and that is where we got our best stories. TF is just a cyclical show where ever 3-4 years there is a new show and that is that. As @Mako Crab has said, it has been working too well and they have no reason to change pace.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime was the closest we'll get to Clone Wars and I doubt we'll get ever get even remotely close again for a long time.

Clone Wars was far from a perfect show - the quality of the stories was all over the place, and it tended to jump back and forth between kiddier stuff and shockingly dark stuff. But when it was good, it was really damn good, and to see the animation improve over time as it did was awesome (similar to Prime, in many ways!).

• Like Like x 4
  12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'd love a Clone Wars type of Transformers show, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I'm just wondering why and how Friendship is Magic lasted for nine whole years,

• Like Like x 3
  14. DoodlebugPress

DoodlebugPress Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm probably biased because it's my favourite series, but I feel we already got it with Beast Wars. Yes, the first season is kinda goofy, but look at season 2 and 3. Dark, brooding and full of solid character moment and themes. Hell, everyone talks about Code of Hero, but a scene I never really thought about until now is the episode OPENS with Dinobot contemplating suicide over his lack of convictions. Holy hell, I'm pretty sure no TF cartoon HAS ever had that before or since. Also in Season two we had a "good guy" and "bad guy" fight over protection over what essentially was a "special needs" transformer. Rampage looking for any kind of kindred spirit as a "fellow freak". That's an incredibly in-depth look at a character that most other cartoons would have made the "mindless brute" or "big thug" or the like. Shame that Beast Machines crapped the bed so hard and the timing of the pokemon craze made Armada with paper thin personalities or we could have continued it.
    Animated touched on this briefly, and veered more towards it before cancellation and Prime was getting close if not for the insistence of status quo and plot issues.

Will we get it again? I don't know. Hasbro seems to be targeting younger and younger audiences with evergreen designs and themes, and relegating more "mature" storytelling to comics and such. Which is a shame because I was the age they're targeting now and Beast Wars's more mature storytelling captivated me as a kid, and pretty sure why the brand in general has stayed with me for so long.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper welcome back

News Credits:
    They have never been able to keep one franchise going long enough for it to have a "Clone Wars" and also they havent had a great track record for awhile so I dont see anyone big coming to do a tranformers show for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always wonder this too. What is the Pony brigade at Hasbro doing that the Transformers division isn’t?

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Your No. 1 Fan

Maybe we'd get a Clone Wars type of show if the franchise started experimenting with new things again. Writers who'd also be willing to take risks instead of cheap plot pulls, and Hasbro funding the money for it after how much Prime costed.

This too. Although, I'd say that TF writers like Simon Furman are a bit on the Dave Filoni side with his previous history in the comics. They should bring people like him more often to projects who have dealt knowledge of the Franchise's structure.

Transformers doesn't have a "George Lucas" figure aswell either which is troubling. Rather instead, a group of people at Hasbro who just come up with the next idea for the next toyline.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    To each their own, but I'm not a fan of Simon Furman. His writing is too thick with angst for me, he tries to make Transformers gritty and dark too often for my taste. I'd prefer if Flint Dille could come back into the brainstorming side, maybe at the very least as part of a writer's room or something. Tbh, I haven't ever been a fan of Transformers comics, the original Marvel run was OK, but that too, I thought was needlessly dark--characters getting beheaded, dying, angsty human characters with a vengeance against machines... and I absolutely can't stand the IDW run, don't even get me started on the way most of those stories try to get "subtly sexual" gross. They're machines.

• Like Like x 1
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Starscream is the only robot who has an active interest in clones, and he pretty much nips that plan's potential because he can only trust to clone himself but later on can't even do that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

My pitch:

I want a series taking place on Cybertron in Iacon, the cultural hub of the planet, bordering Cybertropilis, the Capital, surrounded by other polities.

In this universe Cybertron is very obviously an asteroid with robot shit built on top. The northernmost pole is Cybertropilis and the farther South you go there's more and more badlands with less Autobot Government presence and eventually just total wasteland on the bare Southside. So all of Cybertron is around 10,000 - 30,000 Transformers with about 12 or 13 major cities. Vector Sigma is their ancient implement, its origins lost to time but still programming new robots in the 'Iacon Spark Kindergarten', although there's a surplus of protoforms there isn't a surplus of Energon, so reproduction is kept at self-replacement levels. A few small ships are sent out into space to try and find more....

Functionism has been outlawed in this timeline but the attitude still permeates through a lot of Cybertronian society. The Senate is democratic but prone to typical politicking gridlock. Optimus Prime is not a functionist, he's an idealistic and well-reputed Chief of Police for Iacon, 'Prime' being a title of command and nothing more in this take.

The story would begin in media res. A new, criminal uprising is spreading across the badlands and making its way northward, the Decepticons. A might-makes-right, anarchist counterculture. Think of the Mutants from The Dark Knight Returns. Disaffected, underrepresented, already thrall to various small-time crime bosses (The likes of Thunderhoof, Scorponok, Swindle, etc) and itching for a fight, Megatron has managed to organize all these rogue factions into one unified cause: infiltrate and decimate the Autobot society. Raze the entire planet and let only the mightiest survive. Thats it. No imperial vision, no Galactic engines, Megatron is a violence loving social outcast who simply wants to clean the slate of Cybertron so the mighty may feast on the spoils.

He accomplishes this by making deals with those local crime lords while working in secret with his own inner circle (guess which 3?) to develop Synthetic Energon. It's dirty, addictive, and agitates the mental state of its subject.

By praying on the greed of those small minded criminals and getting every new pledge hooked on the substance, Megatron and the Decepticons have made quite a lot of headlines for their terroristic work in the southern polities (Tarn, Kaon, etc). The Elite Guard sent reinforcements to local police forces and the Senate figures they'll put the ruffians down in short order. The "Decepticon Problem" is of course much more pervasive than they figured. Megatron is sorta Joker crossed with Pablo Escobar here.

So the beginning of the series would be the Decepticon arrival in Iacon and all of the chaos that comes with it. Optimus Prime trying to rally his police forces to respond in kind. Investigations into how far Megatron's tentacles have spread. Optimus wants to rehabilitate any Decepticon he feels was "brainwashed" by synthetic Energon. The council has more....'smelting pit' feelings about them. An awful lot of Decepticons are beast-formers since they were already disaffected and underfueled in the southern ghettos so they were easy prey for SynthEn. This factors into certain Autonots feeling that these 'feral' Transformers ought to just be put down...

So you've got the conspiracies and intrigue of a good noir series, good bots in bad places and bad bots in high and low places, with Optimus Prime caught in the middle trying to accomplish his mission and do the right thing.

I also like the idea of an ex-Decepticon beast-former vigilante, still hooked on Synth-En, starting to launch their own one-bot countermeasures against the Decepticons and crossing paths with Optimus' police force.

Batman: Iacon anybody? There could be a huge rotating ensemble cast. Conflicts between the two factions contrasted by intra-faction conflicts such as Decepticon power plays or Ultra Magnus' investigation into certain Senate practices, our vigilante character and his/her personal struggles, Optimus Prime being haunted by the weight of his choices, the struggle he has to keep his officers that range from friendly and cooperative to bordering on rogue all in line. I'd have the Iacon police force casted as the original Ark crew and then expand the personnel from there.

Lockdown must be up to SOMETHING on this crime-ridden rock as well.

I might just write this someday.

• Like Like x 3