When will DLC 2 hit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Aug 27, 2010.

1. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Actually, as it turns out that would make too much sense, LOL

Software publishers do their song and dance for a quick cash grab. I think that the developers have awesome stuff in mind, but the publishers shelf these things because they don't see the huge $$$ in the end.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that if DLC is released, it'll be singleplayer or co-op stuff. More multiplayer stuff would be cool for those interested in it, but I'm more of a SP guy, so I'd rather see something like, say, oriented on the Wreckers first.

3. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

No way another DLC pack is coming out, the window to release another pack is shrinking much like the player base. If it's not release by the end of the year IE to get the holiday buyers, I would give my hopes up for it.

4. MarVell

MarVell Member

The DLC for both ROTF and WFC was simply too expensive for what it offered. I doubt it sold well and I doubt there will be more coming out.

5. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

They aimed at the wrong crowd and pleased nobody in a way that would grow the community.

I'm sure more than 1800 people bought the ps3 game.

This should have been a unique character vs character game with more of a melee mode.

There's very little replayability with the characters, and the drones seem to be featured more than the characters, making the characters look like out of place aliens on cybertron, in the campaign.

They should have focused on unique character play. I'm sure more people would play if the characters played more like characters, and not generic class shooter skins.

give us some dlc with more character unique features, i'll go there and fix it myself for free if they let me.

6. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

It's quite simple.

Matt Tieger says it's a prequel to the G1 cartoon. However, because there are people running around Cybertron who shouldn't even exist for another few million years, and because Hasbro, who controls the franchise and has the final say on what is canon and what is not says it's a prequel to Prime which is completely separate from G1, he is obviously wrong.

Counter this argument. C'mon. I dare ya.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    as others have pointed out I wont pump any more money into it till they fix the hosting issues

8. the goth rat

the goth rat Well-Known Member

well i not sure what game you guys are playing but every since this game came out, when ever i play it theirs been at least 2000+ others playing it at the same time

9. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. Seems the vets have died off, but their is a whole new breed of new players trying to level up. I play all different times on PS3 & I rarely see less then 2000 at any time.

10. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    so the creator of the game confirms it's a prequal to G1 while hasbro who makes the toys says it's from prime

i hope to god prime won't be related to G1 (but i also hope to god that wfc is a G1 prequal)

11. Takeout

Well, we already know that Prime is a separate continuity, and we also know that WFC is a Prime prequel. Not much to hope for there.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Oh c'mon! How can you say ROTF was too expensive. 800 points for 11 characters and like 3 maps.

13. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah exactly, that's about average price for that level of content. $9.99 PSN.
    Whether they were already on the disc or not.

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Sorry, you know I mean 800 points not 880.

15. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    You want a counter? Alright. The bots looking nothing like their Prime equilevants, with Bumblebee being the worst offender. Exodus does match up with Prime, but despite being the 'official history behind the War for Cybertron', it has almost nothing in common with the story of the game. But perhaps most important of all: It was designed from the start to be a G1 prequel. It wasn't until much later that Hasbro suddenly said "Okay, it's a prequel for our new continuity".

I myself don't see it as a pure G1 cartoon prequel. To me, it feels more like a prequel to a 'vague' G1 story, like how Beast Wars was the sequel to one. But it's even more rediculous to argue that the game itself is a prequel to Prime, just because Hasbro says it is.

16. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    i stopped playing this game after dlc 1!! i dunno if you get one i doubht not till oct. the game is fun but the shit they fd up after the dlc ruined my fun times with this game!!!!!

17. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What shit are you talking about...?

18. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I think Twin Twist was being ironic.

19. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

we either will get DLC and then get a sequel or we'll just get a sequel
    either way the sequel is on high moons mind (more chances to fix things rather than go back and actually slogg through all the glitches in the game)

20. Takeout

Congratulations. You are the first person I've seen actually countering my arguments.

Anyway, different forms of the same character do not have to look alike to be the same character. Did Armada and Energon Megatron look anything alike (other than the face, which I'm pretty sure has been more or less the same on every single Megatron)? No, not really. But they're still the same character.

I consider Exodus and WFC to be two versions of the same universe, like the cartoons and comics.

And finally, sure, WFC may have been intended to be a G1 prequel. That's called authorial intent, and Hasbro can overrule it.