When I Say I Want A New G1 Cartoon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by orangeitis, May 24, 2018.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    Just looked at the date the OP was posted. Was it really last year? o__O It feels like a lot longer ago than that.

Looking at this as an "argument" probably isn't helping your case as someone who merely wants to inquire about another's opinion. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

That's the thing though. I never said that I wanted a "G1 rehash". Ever. If I said things that you define as wanting a rehash, I'll do my best to explain what I actually meant.

Even though I don't have much knowledge of cars, I'll try to use them as an analogy, as they're the only thing I can think of off the top of my head to properly explain what I mean. "Rehashing" to me means producing, let's call it a "Model X" car from 50 years ago with stock features and technology. What I proposed in the OP is, at least in my mind, more like taking a "Model X" car and retrofitting it with the latest features and technology.

Basically, I want to salvage the good, memorable and nostalgic parts of the Sunbow continuity, give it modern animation, touch up the scripts to have better writing and less inconsistencies, use a more modern understanding of how we know the world works, update sound effects, and expand on background and side stories as well as continue where Rebirth left off. I would at all possible want to digitally mimic the original voices of the characters(especially because of actors passing away, etc). We have sooo much more lore developed for the franchise now, we can give the Sunbow story actual worldbuilding elements.

Or at the very least, and I mean very very very least, I'd want a continuation of the cartoon after Rebirth. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would at least be something.

If you want to know why I want that, it's because Transformers has been my favorite franchise since I was 3, and I'm sick of seeing reboot after reboot for everything Hollywood can get their hands on. Yeah, I'm one of those douchebags. =/

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime The first Decepticon the Fallen Megatronus Prime

OK that all sounds great except...

I'd hate having to replace actors who have passed away. I'm kinda impressed by how they brought back Peter Cushing for Rogue One but I'm also simultaniously creeped out by it. I hate recasting characters.

That said, it's something that would have to be done. I can almost deal with it depending on who they cast to fill those roles. Just don't get the actors from that PS2 game. It was kind of a cool idea having Optimus, Rodimus, Megatron, and Galvatron all together via time travel but those voices were gawd awful. No one sounded like the character they were suppose to be playing. Don't get the English Headmaster dub voices either, they're not as bad but still don't sound right... especially when their names aren't even the same in that version.... Billy? BILLY! His name is Blaster damn it! They need voice actors who can actually sound like Scatman and Chris Latta... and Starscream might be the most difficult one to replace. Scott McNeil filled in for him on GI Joe and said he'd never want to do it again because it was a strain on his voice. A different actor did that Beast Wars episode and also had issues with it... ended up just sounding like Terrorsaur who kinda sounds like Starscream anyway but not really.

I'd love to do it myself but even I can't do it without actually screaming. There's just no easy way to do a G1 Starscream.

3. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    It is quite simple.

If they ever redo g1 they should continue it from season 4 and follow all new characters. Or earlier and follow all new characters with characters we know making appearances.

Screw Prime, Screw Bee, Screw earth.

4. Mega scream

Mega scream Fguyretftgu7

No offense, but-
    HASBRO, GET OVER G1 ALREADY!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good luck with that. The brand unification has begun.

6. Soundwave23

Soundwave23 Member

Ooo id like a g1 reboot I think It would be very interesting as long as its done as well as TFP or TFA, I would like to see this go somewhere and I should probably read the first 6 pages of this discussion.

7. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am super surprised there is not more talk of the Netflix offering that was mentioned in the recent Hasbro business meeting

8. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Oh? They're actually doing something with Netflix? I hope they don't fuck it up like everything else so far.

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THe statement said ......................Netflix offering, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, followed by a and I forget the actual words small kids show offering ( which I take as rescue bots academy ) . BUt that just came out a few days ago from Brian Goldner ( sp?) Hasbro President .

So its very suggestive that they are planning on something.

I hope so