When I Say I Want A New G1 Cartoon...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by orangeitis, May 24, 2018.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

As a one time animated movie I could see and go with that

But if it’s a series I’m going to want to see some new stories or maybe even twist up the stories that we were given before but kind of twist them on their ears

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    For me it would be G1's Sunbow mixed with some IDW, minus Heart of Darkness, AHM and Costa's era.

........Excluding most of Barber's RID and OP story lines as well.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm thinking of what Batman The Animated Series did. Most of the villain origin stories were true to the comicbook roots but with minor updating. But the general atmosphere was dead on to the Denny O'Neil era (1970's), even if the art was different, and borrowed heavily on many of those stories like the Laughing Fish and Rahs Al Guhl.

That's what I'd like to see Transfromers wise. Take some of the Marvel stories as a starting point and work from there while keeping the tone accurate. It'd be pretty cool because a lot of Sunbow fans weren't exposed too much to Marvel back in the 1980s, so many of the stories would feel fresh while comic fans would recognize some of the throwbacks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    You guys have some hella neat ideas too. <3 Man, if even one of our ideas gets picked up by a studio...

• Like Like x 1
  5. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

My personal preference would be for a continuation of the G1 cartoon rather than a reboot.

I'd like to see the show start off with Battlestars, with the return of Optimus and Megatron. Also throw in a mix of characters from the Sunbow/Toei cartoon run. Anyone who didn't die in TF the Movie is fair game: Bluestreak, Red Alert, etc. Also throw in some characters that never got represented in the cartoon: Topspin, Twintwist, Omnibots, Artfire, Stepper (Ricochet), etc. And make the animation the old fashion way: cell frame animation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Altered Prime

I guess I can get behind that as long as they do significant updates

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It could look like this style below. :p 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    The answer is direct to dvd/streaming animated short films.
    Use the idw comics as a base.
    Trim some fat (Furman's psycho post op Arcee, Costa's run, Ramondelli's art, and The forced crossovers)
    keep the good stuff.
    Adapt each 6-8 issue storyarc into a 90 minute film.
    Start with Infiltration.
    SPOTLIGHT could be anthology films akin to The Animatrix and Batman: Arkham Knight.
    Crank one out every financial quarter the way Warner Bros does.
    Tie the Generations toyline to it. One wave of each size class devoted to characters In each film. Make appropriate retools in the waves between films.

9. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

As I said in another post I would love them to fill the gap from the end of S2 to the start of FFOD (from the Sunbow cartoon perspective and filling in parts of the movie, like what happened at the Ark when Autobot City was getting pulverised, animating scenes like Red Alert's Death, etc). To me, this is Transformers G1 equivalent to the Empire Strikes Back (up to the start of the 1986 movie). This could be done in 4 or 5 episodes. As it would be a prequel, I would all characters to be as they were at the end of S2 (no modernization for known characters). Would Hasbro or whoever holds the license to Transformers actually make a G1 standalone production (are their enough of us G1 die-hards to make it profitable)? If not, I would hope that maybe Hasbro for example, when they make a new action movie or Armada style series that they include a 23-minute episode as a bonus G1 animated feature in their next DVD release. Speaking for myself, I would not buy the next Transformers action movie or next non G1 animated series DVD unless I heard it was exceptionally good from a fellow G1 fan. But if it were a bonus feature in the DVD I would the DVD just for the G1 feature but I would still watch the action movie or newer animated series.

10. Distant1

I am almost 100% agree with everything you said. My thing is that I would love to know how the Decepticons got the upper hand by 2005. For me, the Decepticon (excluding Insecticon clones are almost always outnumbered). As such, I would like to think there is a Decepticon equivalent to Alpha Trion who for one reason or another would merge with Vector Sigma (to negate Alpha Trion's effect in Vector Sigma). For example, maybe the Decepticons could properly revive the Guardian who fought Superion in War Dawn and I like to think the Battlechargers were part of a combiner group but maybe three of their other died in battle. Unheard of Decepticon could die in the battle so to make it consistent with the movie and beyond but do enough for the Decepticons toCybertronberton and have a position of the strength coming into the movie.

11. Altered Prime

My friend the cons pretty much had the upper hand the entire series

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  12. Distant1

I would say the Autobots had the Upper hand as they easy access to energy. The Decepticons were in an undersea base having to sneak around in hideous disguises as Megatron put it in Microbots.

In addition, if the series were a sporting match IMO it would be even at the start (but Decepticons are outnumbered at least with known transformers)
    Then Advantage Autobots, due to the Dinobots,
    Then the Insecticons come along, so all square but this is doubtful as they can be countered by just the regular existing Autobots and they do not exactly bring unity to the Decepticon cause.
    When Devastator comes along I would say advantage Decepticons.
    But Omega Supreme can easily counter Devastator say Autobots are back ahead.
    Essentially, Superion and Menasor cancel each other out.
    Defensor and Bruticus essentially also cancel each other out (I do discount Defensor easily defeating Bruticus in BoT - but at least the episode shows what legend Swindle is, IMO).

Really just saying that more effective Decepticons would very helpful for their cause.

13. Altered Prime

The cons had full control of Cybertron, not accounting for incompetence, they have operations on other planets they had operations in different areas of earth

They were not hurting for energy, and they weren’t hiding in an underwater base that was just their base

And to sneak around comment and ugly disguises just had to do with their earth modes
    Put two pro basketball players against five people who never played the game and who’s going to win?

The auto’s were civilians, The cons were created for warfare

And considering all the generic sneakers on earth and cyberTron plus that insecticons , They were not outnumbered

Considering that and the fact that the cons are pros at this game I really don’t see the sport analogy is truly fitting in here

• Like Like x 1
  14. Distant1

Full Control of Cybertron would need to be established at the start of the prequel. For example, where are UM, Springer, Kup at the start of the series. If on Cybertron, then control of Cybertron is debatable. Granted from the S1 and S2 is portrayed as if Shockwave and his Sentinels can do as they please. Personally, I like to think the Autobots got in contact with Kup after Alpha Trion's death (to replace a heap of lost experience). In addition, it was never clearly established in the cartoon where Sky Lynx or Broadside were for the past 4M years. To complete G1, I would like this answered for example.

Yeah Carbombia and the location of Aerial Assualt, but that did not end well for the Decepticons. Until the early 90s the Decepticons it is plausible for them to have access to Soviet Oil fields (if this is not too politically incorrect). Somehow Octane could come into the mix.

I just added the ugly disguises phrase for a little bit of humor.

The Decepticons had plenty of weakness i.e. Skywarp constantly need Megatron's guidance, Thundercracker his bio said he was not fully commited to the cause. The 3 Coneheads struggled to beat just Powerglide (but maybe Powerglide just extra brave that day because of the girl).

It is not basketball (excuse my previous analogy). the Autobots were armed and had a few hard heads (Ironhide and Brawn for example) and they had courage thanks in part to Chip Chase.

A bit of acid rain accounted for the Storm Seekers and Sky Fire accounted for the ones in The Ultimate Doom (hard to say they were seen again). But in this proposed production, I would like to see the generic seekers and given proper names again and hopefully, keep their Cybertonic alt-modes.

With the Insecticons and their clones could really help give the Decepticons the advantage (without the need to create new Decepticons) then fine, no need for more Decepticons. Point is I what would pay and line up to see this production.

Just on late season 2 and season 3 in Alpha Trion or A3 has a fair bit input into the story. If there was an old Decepticon who was approximately the same age as AT then hearing his story would be of interest to me, especially if that influence the events on Cybertron.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I was under the impression that Cybertron was always under Deception control until the movie when the Autobots started to gain some power.

16. Distant1

In the Ultimate Doom, Optimus Prime mentions many (or at least of a number) of Autobots are left on Cybertron. From previous threads, it the S2 characters who first appeared in the 2 part Dinobot Island episode (because of events in Desertion of the Dinobots and Search for Alpha Trion) were on earth for approximately 4M years. So potentially Ultra Magnus, Springer, female autobots etc. where still on Cybertron or maybe doing shuttle missions to get energy from other planets. Maybe Broadside and Sky Lynx could have been the shuttles for getting fuel over the lost 4M years. Anyway, a prequel would help solve these issues for me at least. At least the prequel could show (explain if too graphic) what happened to the female Autobots.

I must admit, I always thought the Narration at the start the movie said the Decepticons had won. I just re-watched that bit and the Narrator says it is the year 2005 and the Decepticons have Conquered the Autobots home planet of Cybertron. I guess the question is when did the Conquer the planet, taking into account new characters who first appeared in the movie so the early part of series 3.

Anyway, hopefully, it would be an epic story if done well.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

One thing that would be interesting is a series set entirely on Cybertron showing the events that took place while the Ark and Nemesis crews were in stasis. It would open the same as the original Sunbow cartoon but after the ships launch the focus would change to whatever was happening on Cybertron and the series would end with the same scene of Shockwave receiving the transmission from Megatron after they wake back up on Earth.

As it is it almost seemed as if Shockwave was standing around for four million years waiting for Megatron to call. I'd really like to know what was really happening during that time. And also since Beast Wars happens during that time on Earth if Cybertron was aware of it in some way. Like could they have picked up the Trans warp signatures of Cybertronian ships arriving from the future or did BW Megatron's attempt to kill Prime have any effect on Cybertron. Probably not but there is some potential for cross over there if they do it right. Maybe the Autobots could of sent a ship to look for the Ark after they lost contact and found the Maximals and Predacons on Earth.

Literally anything would be better than Shockwave just standing by the phone for four million years.

18. Distant1

I totally agree. I would love to see this period of time covered, in a cartoon style production. It does seem to be a very cold and dull war, but maybe they just had a cease-fire due to the lack of energy.

In my posts about Metroplex being a Sentient being, I said that I disliked the concept in FFOD that Blitzwing being the only one who could vaguely remember the Quints. This is because if guys like Kup, UM, Soundwave could remember the Quints then it would open up the possibility of Shockwave and Alpha Trion perhaps teaming up and defeating the Quints. For continuity purposes, maybe it can't be, but there could be battles between the remaining transformers on Cybertron and other aliens who maybe wanted to take control of Cybertron for strategic purposes. With Shockwave, in MTMTE he only says to Megs that he will leave it as it is which makes me laugh because it seems to be completely out of energy and a wasteland in the respect, so he could potentially negotiate with the Autobots.

A couple of things we know from the cartoon is that Shockwave knows Alpha Trion has the key to Vector Sigma, I would like to know how that came to be. Also, why did Shockwave think the female Autobots were dead?

I think your idea with Beast Wars is excellent and worth exploring.

One other thing with Transport to Oblivion (Episode 4). If you recall it is Shockwave who is calling Megatron. To me, I always thought this was stupid, as Megs has been away 4M years. But maybe at the end of MTMTE, the Autobots did actually go back to Cybertron and maybe that was why Shockwave was calling out for Megatron. If the Autobots did go back to Cybertron at the end of MTMTE I wish they did have some clearly seen contacts. It justs seems to strange for Spike and Chip to have to go to Cybertron.

19. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

:eek:  Oh my goodness, no!

Here's something I would like to see, just the animation of a few really good G1 episodes completely redone. The new animation could be CGI cel shaded, like some of the more recent Machinima Combiner Wars. I think it would work because the voice acting, music, and overall pacing of some G1 episodes is actually quite good—especially the voice acting, which as we all know, is pretty much legendary and nigh impossible to replicate, kinda like The Beatles.

Some episodes that come to mind are: The Ultimate Doom, War Dawn, and without a doubt, Five Faces of Darkness; I love those five episodes, I just wish the animation had been better. Anyway, it's just a thought I had.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Transformers Roar!

Well, chances are Hasbro wouldn't ever want a Steven Uglyverse visual knock-off because it couldn't sell their toys. This makes TFs kinda safe from the Thundercats fate. For now.