When does Wal-Mart usually restock the toy isle?(Alternators related)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galaxy Convoy, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I agree with that.

2. Adonis

Adonis huh

anyone know about a newyears sale

my toys r us was out of tf during christmas week and i didnt find anything

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Lucky SOB;) 

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I used to work at Walmart during the night shift, stocking shelves (not a 24 hour Walmart). I lucked out and was stuck in the toy isle. There were codes on the boxes that told you when the stock should go out (this week, the next week, the week after etc). Now if it was a brand new item that wasn't listed, we were supposed to send it back... But... If it was already in the system, no matter what the week, we could put it on the shelves, as long as it wasn't overstocked.

I had the honor of releasing a lot of the Energon figures early since I would cram as many as I could on the shelves.

But for Alternators, I live in Canada and new Alternators are banned here. I never once in 3 months saw a shipment of them.

I have to add though, that sometimes during the day people would restock some things, so it was really completely random when they would restock..

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

*raises hand*

I saw another case on a pallet last night at a different WM. Having found them the night before, I left it alone, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if by morning, some other twentysomething had taken it upon himself to crack it open and get the new two and maybe Prowl.
    Oddly enough, there was already a lone Skids on the shelf at this WM. No sign of that case's Sunstreaker, Prowl or Tracks. Guess another collector that hates Scions even more than I do skipped it.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I was checking there almost everyday this week since first seeing that lone Tracks on Monday. Tuesday, nothing. Didn't go Wednesday. Checked Thusrday morning at roughly 9 am, and again only one Tracks left. I can't imagine many collectors hit up their local WMs early in the morning like that. But scalpers do. As I said, it was probably that comic shop down the road from it. I've been in there before and seen pegs full of the newest MLs, when WM and TRU were all out. And I've seen various TFs, including Alts there too. If it looks like a goose...

I concede it could've been other collectors getting there first, but maybe not. It's really hard to say.

BTW...lighten up :p 

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    When I found an entire case of new alts sitting on a shelf at Wal-Mart, I grabbed all but Tracks. Later that day, Weirdwolf ( not knowing I had already been there ) went in and found just the Tracks. He called me later that day telling me he'd just missed them at store-x. Then I told him he was looking at my reject. :D 

So yeah, it happens that way. Collector goes in, finds just Tracks, thinks it was a scalper, find out later it was just another collector.

8. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Banned? What's the story with that? I've got a friend up a Canada that's been searching for Alts for a while - this may explain his lack of success.

9. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go to your local Target. The resets for toys should be done or almost done by this weekend. I have been to several Targets in my area and they had the 2006 alternators out with skids a plenty. Give one of the team members the DPCI# 087-06-0849 and they should be able to confirm whether any alternators are back there in the backroom if not on the floor yet. It is highly unlikely any old alternators would pop up since a quantity would otherwise clearance out or sell out over christmas.