When could there be new news from the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JD The Last Autobot, May 16, 2019.

1. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Nope. Only thing being shown there is mostly Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    I wish they could just say if they were making another BB movie or a TF movie first.

3. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    You were on these boards for awhile. Do you happen to recall if it was always this quiet in between movie releases?

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Even THEY don't know if they are going to make another film. Bumblebee only did enough to keep Paramount afloat, it didnt do enough to erase the fact TLK happened and is still very much prevalent in the minds of audience goers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I personally agree ^. If there is no news about the films at SDCC. (Which there most likely won’t because they are focusing mainly on SIEGE.) Then the movie forums should be locked until we get a tiny speck of information. The same threads have been going around over and over again in the past few months. “Camaro or Beetle?”, “What is your fav Camaro?”, “Knightverse or Bayverse designs?” etc. etc. There’s nothing wrong with these discussions but they’ve already been discussed to death countless times.

6. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Agreed I am tired of the same old threads over and over

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: Quarantine.

But honestly we've had lulls before/between films before, with circular threads before, and they didn't lock down the forum then. I don't see why they would now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Just seems like it would be easier on the moderation to funnel the movie talk into a thread instead of dealing with a whole sub forum that is inevitably going to generate duplicate threads at this rate. I think TFW is the only fansite that still has a movie subforum up instead of a mere thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm curious if that Optimus Prime/Monkey King film is still part of Hasbros plans.

10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't think it should be locked. Occasionally an interesting discussion pops up during these slow months. I do wish people would cut back on the "favorite Bumblebee mode" kind of threads.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I disagree with locking the forum between movies. Nobody's being forced to come here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    There's no 'between' right now, though - the hard truth is that there are no Transformers films on the horizon right now because any pretense of that guarantee DIED with TLK. Bumblebee still only even happened because Paramount litterally could not afford to write off its pre-production costs and it was more financially viable to produce the film than NOT produce the film.

The forum here exists to discuss the films...except without new films, what's there to discuss that a simple thread in TF General couldn't cover?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Right now, at least, there's around ten years of recent history with a distinctly different approach and aesthetic, and which got a ton of separate attention from the rest of the brand. There's still, imo at least, too much discussion going on for one thread to effectively contain. If we don't get any more movies, in like, 2-3 years I could see the movie forum getting shuttered but for now it's really no less healthy than other parts of the site.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I would be shocked if we get a TF film before 2021 at this point, honestly. It just seems Hasbro is all G1 now and Paramount would rather not risk TLK all over again in it's current state.

15. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    There definitely will not be a film before 2021. There has been no indications or announcements that could indicate the next film will release before 2021. Plus TLK still left a lot of damage and is still fresh in people’s minds. If I had to guess we might get an announcement next year in 2020... or at the latest an announcement in 2021.

16. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  17. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yep. They want the story to reset... at least Hasbro wants it (and they'll pretty much get it). Glad they chose a reset.

Once the DC and Universal Cinematic Universes fell down, I'm guessing that Paramount/Hasbro abandoned their plans for the TF Universe. TLK's box office disaster pretty much was the final nail. As much as I know regarding what happened, Bumblebee was too much ahead on pre-production to get cancelled. But the attendees of early previews will tell you that the audience demanded a different path for Bumblebee. Hence the reshoots which distanced itself from TLK and the TF Cinematic Universe.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Very exciting news to say the least. Hopefully this clears up all of the prequel and reboot confusion Lorenzo and the film itself caused.

20. ShockwaveCannon

ShockwaveCannon Banned

Ebay:
    Yep, even as a Bayverse fan, a reboot especially after FIVE movies is the best option. Continuing on would mean they would be so LIMITED in terms of scope- so many huge characters are dead in the Bayverse: fan favs like Shockwave, Starscream etc.... 5 movies ended up being more than enough for the Bayverse. Now they also aren’t limited in terms of what they can do with the story.

• Like Like x 2