1. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Actually, Drift is better than TFP Wheeljack.

2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Roberts!Drift is better than a lot of TF characters, but if we're talking Shane McCarthy's pet character Drift? ... Yeah, he's better than WINADO.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Umm he's not an idiot for one thing and actually thinks things through to a certain degree with more of a success rate. What was the most G1 Screamer did other then create the combaticons or shoot his own foot in an escape?

How is that similar in G1 he, was predominantly a white deco with red and blue accents. In Prime he's Blue with red accents and grey thrown in here or there. Plus what the heck does that have to do with his personality. G1 Breakdown was a nervous wreck that was more jumpy then anything. If I had to relate him to someone it would be BW retrax. He'd rather get his butt out of the fire if he could. Prime Breakdown seems more like a new incarnation of G1 Brawl, ready for action and always pumped for a brawl with the muscle to back it up.

I can't say who Arcee is more akin to personality wise since the movie version of arcee got almost no screen time or personality development. If I had to relate her to someone it would be more like G1 Chromia.

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I still hope that this WJ at some time will turn out to be a mad scientist as well.

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Why don't we all just call him Driftjack since we know that's who Wheeljack is playing in this.

6. Spin-Out

So he's G1 Starscream as written by people who are actually trying to put SOME degree of effort into the scripts instead of just phoning it in for a quick paycheck. Got it.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Which is not G1 Starscream.

Saying "Oh so they're basically the same except for all these qualities and the very fundemental nature of the character" doesn't work.

But you're right, this Starscream at least had a brain behind him. I just wish he was more capable and less cripplingly cowardly. How the mighty have fallen.

The thing is, he won't, and if he does it will be completely out of left feild. As boring and practically invisible as his current character is, he has been established. Changing it now is almost as bad.

8. Spin-Out

Seriously, dude? Normally, your arguments make sense, but not this time. See, Primescream's a cowardly backstabber who fails at betraying his leader, just like G1 Starscream and Animated Starscream. Just because he happens to be somewhat competent doesn't mean he has the same basis of "sniveling, cowardly, sycophantic backstabber" that most Starscreams except for the UT's version and BWII's version have as a basis! It's like saying "Oh, Movie Optimus isn't at all like G1 Optimus because he actually succeeds at killing Decepticons" - It's stupid.

Hell, by the criteria of "not being written by a thousand monkeys at a typewriter," Pre-RID IDW Starscream or even Marvel G1 Starscream and hell, even TFA Starscream, wouldn't "be like the original Starscream." It's ridiculous.

9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never said anything with personality. Read carefully, I was pointing out colour...........

10. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I don't think it matters as its a new series and he hasn't just changed randomly through out the show but they could give him a little bit more character development.

11. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Except your posting in a thread discussing personality not color scheme, which is why I stated what I did. :sly: 

12. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter. Wheeljack is one hundred percent awsome badass in all versions except the Movie verse.

13. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cant wait to see more of Wheeljack in season 3.

14. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I Like the Movieverse version. That's Why I got his Toy.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like the Movie version a lot simply because he was a non badass in a world of badasses. He had a personality and was more memorable than the like of Sideswipe or Dino. I wished one of those dudes (preferably Dino) had died instead.

Shame his toy never came out here. I would have bought one in a heartbeat.