Wheelie in TF3...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ORIO, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well it's not like we have any other live-action Transformers movie to watch instead. As much as we may dislike how he does them, it's not like we're just going to ignore a transformers movie.

I never wanted to watch another Bay movie after Pearl Harbor. But what choice do I have when he's the one guy that gets to make TF movies.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    In the end you're voting with your wallet. The $10 you spent doesn't mean more or less if you liked or hated it, they got the money, which means the movie is good and they should make more like it.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

So your defense is that you're gluttons for punishment?

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That may be so, but that's not the point. The way it is, I just want to see a live action Transformers movie. I enjoy the special effects, but that's about all I get out of them so far. I'd love to see them make one that was actually good.

To be perfectly honest I felt like boycotting the first one when Bay was announced. But I knew it would've accomplished nothing. As long as they make money, there's the chance that they'll make another. And as long as they're going to make another, there's the chance they might get it right.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Haha, fanboy boycotts.

"I'm boycotting this film until some of my friends say it wasn't that bad!"

6. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I for one loved Wheelie, and the twins from RotF. Great characters, interesting alt modes, and provided a lot of entertainment.

Great news that Wheelie's back.

7. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

True. But this whole whiny whine whine crap is getting old. So you and others don't like the movies. Nitpicking and whining about it over and over is just annoying, IMO. Just hope for a reboot, if it's that important to you. And really, if you're going to spend the 10 bucks to watch the robots, then just ignore the rest of it. Anyone expecting critical acclaim from a director like Michael Bay (two words - summer blockbuster) is not going to find it. Enjoy the robots, ignore the parts you find bad, or just don't see it if you hate him that much. That was my whole point. Whining about it accomplishes nothing.

8. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

I'm mainly indifferent to Wheelie's return, but whatever. I got a few laughs out of him in ROTF, so it doesn't really bother me that he's back.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

From a story telling point of view it's actually kind of logical to have Wheelie back.

In the last film we found out the Autobots don't really know all that much about the Transformers own past. We don't really have the Decepticons with many lines to explain some important points to the plot so we need a character to do that. Wheelie fits into that role nicely since he knows the Transformers past but he wasn't a Decepticon the Autobots killed on sight. He's also small enough to go places and explain things where the larger robots just would not fit or would stand out.

I guess for the film his robo-BDSM relationship didn't work out so maybe he's living with Sam now. Ha ha maybe there is a scene where they both complain about how they got dumped.

Is it weird though that I didn't mind Wheelie's Joe Pesci sort of stick? I wasn't too crazy about his robot mode but his personality and character just really didn't bother me.

10. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    IMO Wheelie returns is very much welcome. Say what ever you want about Bay, but he took G1's most annoying character and gave us Joe Pesci. I love movie Wheelie. I just wish he had a better toy.