whats your perfect movie to stop complaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Jun 29, 2014.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

many,many,many fans hate bay,kruger and the movies,bad humor,not listening to fans,too much human,no dinobots,plot holes,bad story..what do you want to get you're perfect transformers movie?
    i tired after 4 films to read negative reviews

you should be happy we even get to see those movies over the course of 4 films we have a lot to enjoy,great robot battles,optimus and bee are amazing,great action pieces,amazing f/x,great music,great destruction,dinobots,cool villains,2h+ of transformers action and many more..

you know from the first film what king of style bay will give to this film and you still got see them why?you'll still see number 5 anyway,stop crying,this is no oscar stuff,if it was it would be boring

be thankful to have your favorite toys into movie and because of michael bay and his team we''ll have many other transformers movie to come ,enjoy or stop watch them,it's easy!

2. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

"Perfection is moving goal... can chase, cannot catch."

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

My biggest complaint might have been the inclusion of the Dinobots. They weren't necessary to the story and felt tacked on. Also, that may not have been Bay's fault as I don't think he had ever wanted Dinobots involved, but was pressured by Hasbro (I could be wrong, so take that claim with a grain of salt).

Any other complaint with Age of Extinction is pretty minor when compared to that I believe this film did a lot of things right and more than makes up for things that I believe botched the previous films.

I'm not sure what my 'perfect' movie would be since it would most likely entail rebooting everything and sticking a lot closer to the original source material, but as far as the series getting progressively better with each iteration, my one real gripe (and I think this holds weight for the movie-verse) is that we never really get to see Megatron / Galvatron as the proper main villain. The forest battle throw down between him and Optimus I think is by far one of the top three fights of the entire franchise as far as Optimus vs. Megatron fights go, but he's always been treated as a secondary villain since the second film, and was hardly in the first film until the very end. I really want to see Megatron (now Galvatron) be a great villain like Sentinel Prime and Lockdown were.

4. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I agree with a lot you say(disagree with oscar movies being boring). The thing to remember is we are all on here because we all share a love for transformers and the movies aren't the only way to enjoy these characters.
    I loved age of extinction but a lot didn't neither of us are wrong, people like and dislike different things.

I can tell you one thing no transformer fan would go into this movie wanting to hate it. I've been there after dotm disappointment in a movie about something you love is an awful feeling, and it's always going to happen to someone.

But to answer your original question..this film was the perfect one for me to stop complaining.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see it now, we get the critically acclaimed Movie that we wanted for so long.
    Then it doesn't get a lot of money like what happened to Watchmen, thus no sequels.
    Then the franchise profits go down the toilet to the point where it becomes like the Modern day GI Joe figures:

Reduced to limited Convention exclusives.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    i'm just glad they've listened to fans AT ALL since movie 1. Don't remember another film series that actively listened to fans for anything, or one that's been shit on by fans for not listening.

This isn't f***ing Burger King.

7. normtrooper

News Credits:

8. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any effort by any other creative team would satisfy me...

9. normtrooper

News Credits:

Watchmen is my favorite movie of all time but you do know a sequel would be blasphemy right? It was never meant to have a sequel,Watchmen is a beginning middle and end no more. The prequel books were unnecessary and came after the movie peaked interest in the franchise again.

10. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    I'm talking about Watchmen getting a sequel, I'm talking about Transformers.
    I used Watchmen as an example about how Good Movies don't always mean good profits.

We need some one that lets us bake a cake and eat it to, if you take my meaning.

11. normtrooper

News Credits:
    I see your point but let me ask you this. We get a transformers film that is perfect and critically acclaimed hell even wins awards somehow. But it doesn't make money and doesn't get a sequel...wouldn't you prefer that over several mediocre sequels?

I love the idea of a new transformers film every 2 years but I would trade that for one amazingly perfect one. Then again I did rather love age of extinction and am greatly looking forward to the next one.

12. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    It Depends on how good it is.

But if it means the death of the franchise, I'd rather have a bunch of crappy sequels.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It's not my perfect movie, but I want some more goddamn Decepticons.

14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Yeah, with the brand name and the marketing campaign, any competent boom festy film could break a billion. This franchise will never go the route of GI Joe, because the premise is still as strong as it ever was- That's where GI Joe fails.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

after AOE, perfect is boring. bay should keep making them like that, instead.

16. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

A story line that is coherent and doesn't end abruptly would be nice. In other words, a new writer.

17. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    I hope you're right.

God if Transformers died I don't know what I would do.

18. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    At times, I kinda wish Marvel had held on to the rights to Transformers. Imagine if they made movies that were part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

~ Instead of Agent Simmons tracking down Sam, we get Agent Coulson.
    ~ The SHIELD Helicarrier could be Omega Supreme, or some other Transformer.
    ~ The portal that opened up New York to the aliens in The Avengers could be explained as Space Bridge technology.
    ~ Badass team up between Captain America and Optimus Prime.

I could go on for days with this stuff.

Okay. M. Night Shyamalan it is, then..............

19. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

No, that's not it. You really want to see Spiderman in the Black Costume help out Gears on the big screen take down Megatron, don't you? :tongue:  (I kid of course, I too think it would be cool if they made movies based off of different groups of Autobots and really fleshed out the TF Bay-verse a bit more, using the Marvel formula for success).

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There is no such thing as perfect in films. Even a great in their field like Mel Brooks can't achieve perfect but they can make an excellent stab at going for perfection.

So some things for happier times:

Get rid of dark and gritty. It's so over done, it's so over used, I'm just so damn tired of how many films go for the dark crap. It's a movie based on the silly concept of aliens from another planet who turn into cars. I don't a robotic version of the Dark Knight I want a fun action adventure romp. You know when it was fun escapism not hey this fictional world sucks more than the real world.

Cut the darn run time. Lean and mean just works better for me as an action film. Sure Lord of the Rings was cool but every movie doesn't have to be Lord of the Rings long.

We need a good story teller. Michael Bay has several talents as a film maker but he's a horrible story teller.

Movie Decepticons should be like a good Godzilla movie in that they don't run from humans humans should run from them. If someone is going to kick a Decepticon's butt then it better be an Autobot. And for love of all the film geeky stop killing off Transformers like there was no tomorrow if you are running a film series forever. Plus get more creative when it comes to stopping the bad guys than just kill them off.

Give the McGuffins as rest, the Decepticons need a reasonable chance of achieving their goal without the help of a McGuffin. Also scale back the evil plots to something they could accomplish without destroying the world. A few sneaky wins like Loki wouldn't hurt either, gets boring when the bad guys always lose.

Play up the suspense better that anything anywhere could be a robot in disguise. I haven't seen AoE but in the other films it just never felt like they never played up the sort of paranoia you'd have if you couldn't be sure if the car on the parking deck was really a car or a Decepticon that could transform at any moment to attack you.

Plan out like the Marvel movies instead of just making junk up as you go along. Maybe you aren't going to get to Transformers 7 or maybe some plans will change between films, but at least have some sort of rough map so it's not oops we need that character but we killed them in another film.

Trust me I don't need perfection because I've likely watched more than my fair share of B movies. But if it's a film you are spending around 200 million on with an army of talented people then it needs to feel on par with the really good big budget films. Instead of fun the Transformers films feel like a long grind and something I have to watch at some point to keep up my Transformers cred not because I'll enjoy it. Marvel, Pixar, the guys behind The Lego movie, that feels like going to an amusement park. Live action Transformers feels like a trip to the dentist.