What's your 3P Figure of the Year so far, and why?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mouschi, Nov 14, 2022.

1. FrenZ

FrenZ Well-Known Member

Decepticons: FT Robot Paradise.
    Why? Soundwave superior.
    Fans Toys, I love you.

Autobots: XTB Commander Stack.
    Why? It's incredible.
    Well done Xtransbots! Keep up the great work.

Runner up is Deformation Space Blast.
    For the price alone. Although I am still waiting on mine to arrive from Showz, so why he's runner up.
    Of course, I am partial to the music players...but still looks better than FT Recorder.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I didn’t realize Stack had shipped yet. Not that I’m interested— because I want a design with an inner core robot— but I didn’t know people had received the figure already.

Edit: Checked the thread and see that indeed people have it already. I guess I had lost interest and quit following the thread, but it seemed like XTB cranked that one out more quickly than is their usual pace.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  3. breaker2031

breaker2031 Well-Known Member

XTB Commander Stack for me. He's a stunning bot! Paint, materials, sculpt, etc are all on point. But knowing XTB it's only a matter of time before something breaks on the figure so fingers crossed. So far my only real complaint is that he didn't come with a second larger matrix that he can hold to pull off the famous "open damnit" scene without him looking botched. His hands are too big to grip the handles of the matrix he comes with. Other than that, everything else is gold imo.

Picsart_22-12-02_15-01-29-367.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I’d be game for a Delta deco if it had an inner core robot. That’s why I’m holding out for FT’s Margh, even though I’m not typically very enthusiastic about Fanstoys figures. I own many XTB TFs, but only one FT (and I don’t honestly like it much).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got in on MMC's G2 Bruticus this year and absolutely adore him. I started with just Brawl, as G2 Brawl was one of my favorites growing up and honestly I liked that toy enough to go all in. Brawl's still probably my favorite of the five, as he really demonstrates the big, chunky style that's also still well articulated and expressive. It's nice to have MP-class toys that I don't feel scared to handle at all. The transformations are quick and intuitive mostly (although Vortex has clearance issues), but it's also really clever. Even outside of the ambition of the all-built-in gimmick, so many little steps and tricks impress me. Swindle's whole upper body is just mind boggling in how it does so much without being an overcomplicated mess. I'm absolutely going in on their Defensor too, but I'll probably wait on G2 (or the pipe dream of Guard City).

• Like Like x 3
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I didn't buy a ton of 3P stuff this year. I think I actually have almost every character from season 1, 2, and the movie covered in some kind of MP form except Defensor, so what I did buy was limited to an occasional upgrade or a random "that looks cool" purchase that doesn't really have a proper spot in my collection. So I'd say my top 3 are probably, in no particular order, Magic Square's MS-02, MMC's Medicus, and Fans Hobby's Meg Tyrano.

7. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

I hope he comes down in price eventually, he's clearly better but I can't justify the cost when I already have the gorgeous if maddening Toyworld on display.

9. Powawolf

Powawolf Well-Known Member

Waiting for my Megatank, Wave man and MMC Optus Prominion Commander..
    Coming late to the party, so far I have CE-01 Bee and Perfect Effect's Revive Commander... I have a feeling either MMC or Megatank gonna be my favourite this year.

Wish they would arrive sooner :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

XTB’s Stack.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WhatWouldSkyLynxDo

WhatWouldSkyLynxDo Well-Known Member

I’d like to give a shout out to Dr. Wu’s micro-master scale Extreme Warfare series. This line is such a smart, fun, and exciting idea. Love little pocket-formers, and they look so good with the Titans. A fantastic surprise.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TransArts Rattrap showed up yesterday and he's easily the top. You could tell me this was made by Takara and I'd believe it if I didn't know any better. Tight joints, great sculpt, complex but manageable engineering, beautiful paintjob, and almost every accessory you could want. The figure's only issue is some very, very minor paint apps being missing and the gun being colored wrong. It's a $75 toy that feels like a $125 toy, it's just that good.

13. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I swear I need to just buy one of this company's offerings.

Every single one looks absolutely no better than a Takara figure that came out 25 years ago, just upscaled with 'improved' articulation.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got all of their stuff now except for Optimal and while their output was a little hit-and miss in the beginning with regards to MP quality, Rattrap absolutely nailed it. The company is getting better with every release and they've got every other Transmetal in the pipeline. I'm hyped.

• Like Like x 1