whats with the heads? (has dotm spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DECAB419, Jun 29, 2011.

1. DECAB419

DECAB419 Member

Know this first im not complaining at all about it im just curious why they have such a fascination with heads in this universe.

I'll just make a list. Lets start with the first movie.
    -I think bonecrushers was first. He was decapitated.
    - Frenzy accidently severs his head.
    - not quite sure it counts but optimus attempts to push megatron away by grabbing his face and pushing in the other direction

Second movie, where it really becomes prevelant
    - The big decepticon in the opening scene the optimus shoots, im confused about his name scavenger i think?
    - Optimus kicks starscream in his head, not really sure it counts again
    - Grindor enough said.
    - two of the arcee's get shot in the head i believe
    - Devastor's head flies off after he's been shot.
    - A generic is shot in the head and it and its spine just dangles
    - A mixmaster is decapitated by jetfire
    - sporponok has his head crushed by jetfire
    - Megatron shooting himself in the face
    - and the fallen's face.

Finally the third movie (unlike the first two i've only seen this once so correct me)
    - Just remember that in the beginning the soldiers are actually taught to aim for the eyes as bumblebee helps be the dummy
    - Ironhide shoots a dread in the face, then either him or sideswip throws that spiked thing at the other dreads head at well.
    - As Dino holds down the four legged dread (hatchet?) bumblebee, or sideswipe shoots him causing his head to fall off.
    -When sentinel shoots ironhide, and ironhide starts to rust for whatever reason, his head eventually falls and rolls
    -The wreckers tear apart the decepticon pilot including his head...
    - Laserbeak is shot in the head and killed
    - as the decepticons kills humans one can be seen to be vaporized and the human's skull is clearly shown flying
    -When Q is killed his head falls off and rolls
    - Bumblebee shoots a con in the head and blows it up
    -Obviously what he did to soundwave same thing.
    - not really a kill but sam hits the traitor human(sorry i dont remember or know his name) with a rebar club in the head i think
    -Starscream events that lead to his death all involve his head
    -The way the soldiers take out barricade and the generics involve shooting their eyes which are you know in your head
    -Optimus ripping out shockwaves eye( at least i think i thought it was his throat guess not)
    - Megatron eventually beats sentinel prime to the point where his prime like helmet falls off. Arn't helmets worn on the head?
    - Prime finally completes his collection with megatron.
    - Prime shoots sentinel in the head twice with a shotgun, i guess his head surprisingly was more resilient.
    -Hope i didnt miss anything.

More and more heads are rolling with each movie. It seems that, well more specifically in the third, the transformers seem to kinda fall apart when they die, which given all the pieces that make up each one, kinda makes sense.

Like i said earlier not complaining, not disappointed, just kinda woulda that something different would have been better overall.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Usually when you REALLY damage the head of a living organism, it dies. Seems to apply to robotic ones, too.

3. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I was thinking about this after seeing the movie. I guess it's just the best way to "show" they're dead. Either that or Transformers are similar to another race, in that, in the end, there can be only one.

I also noticed they followed the Zombieland rules with the Autobots... Double Tap. I guess they really want to be sure after what happened with Prime.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the least armored part with the most vital functions.

5. DECAB419

DECAB419 Member

All you say is true but what im pointing out is that not only with aimed headshots, their heads tend to fall off anyways, that and well a lot of these deaths have some head rolling involved. Maybe its just a way to get the point across THEY ARE DEAD. like the big gaping hole doesn't say that enough lol

6. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

think this, we dont really have much in the way of subtle emotion, so off with head and turn off the eye lights.

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess you could say they have a fascination...
    ...with decapitation.
    *rimshot*

8. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I love watching heads roll. I rewatched 1 and 2 this week and it really was noticable how much damage is done to the heads. More face collecting please.

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Some have mentioned that decapitation and quartering etc are the most effective way of killing an enemy robot. I'm starting to believe that its no so much for that, but to inhibit the possibility of reanimation.

While Matrices and Allsparks are apparently rare, they've been used a fair amount in the movies wherever convenient.

If you consider that Optimus and Megatron were treated quite respectfully, and not defiled to the extent of others - And then conveniently reanimated, perhaps this is why heads started to roll?

Shove a shard or matrix into a mutilated, headless torso, maybe there's no coming back?