What's with the Arcee Hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

You did it again with Animated Prowl...and he ended up biting the big one so that's a poor example.

Those close calls should not have happened if she is off-limits, it's just bait for her fans to get all scared when there is so danger.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Why's that so? If you saw Animated he had VERY close calls too despite him being a motorcycle until the end of Animated. I'm just suprised you and ironhide4 didn't bring Prowl up into the discussion when he's in the same position as Arcee is in Prime.

3. Ironhide1706

You are missing my point. We didn't bring up Prowl because THIS ISN'T ANIMATED. This is Prime. And once again comparing her to a seemingly "worse" character in any way is not helping yourself. This 2012 and Animated is long gone. So stop having a go at Prowl simply because Arcee is based on him.

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well in that case did you say the same thing about Prowl when Animated was still on the air? Or is it because you just want to attack Arcee as much as possible or both?

And it's true that the IDW Arcee is a much worse character! I'm not kidding! Seriosuly if anyone did read that story you'd know what I'm talking about!

5. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

QFT.

6. Ironhide1706

Yes I did say that about Prowl, simply because I felt it was true. I did dislike the character but that didn't impaire my judgement. But that time has passed and I now feel the same way about Arcee. I do not wish to attack Arcee, I am speaking out of why I dislike her so no one makes the mistake of thinking I blindly hate her.

I have read the IDW comics featuring Arcee, and though she may be different, please stop comparing Arcee to other characters. It is annoying and repititive.

7. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    So do you think in due time you won't think as negatively of Arcee as you do now? I'm just asking because was that what happend with you with Prowl from Animated?

I know you don't blindly hate Arcee but there's always a storng chnace of her being more different in due time and not because of death. Do you think if she improved more then maybe you'll at least not dislike her as much?

I
    Okay okay I'll stop. By the way what's your thougths on the IDW Arcee then since you've read the story?

8. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What has Prowl got to do with anything? Prowl was never shot point blank by megatron and he later died giving his spark to the all spark, a touching scene in fact as it was totally out of the blue. Another poster did claim that you liken characters to others in vaguely similar situations.

You complained about nightscream, nightscream was on a PLANET that was engulfed by megatron's tyranny and he was literally the ONLY survivor of the vehicon purge, I'm sure I'd be pretty annoyed about that and probably depressed if ALL of the planet had dissapeared or died.

Arcee lost two partners, the shows creators didn't big up tailgate before what happened and Cliffjumper was taken out far too easily imo.

The fact is as Ironhide1706 says above, arcee is invulnerable and it's starting to show in the way things are written by the creators. Plus arcee being a female makes it less likely that she'll die due to women not being attacked/killed PC imo. The only person that had the nuts to kill a female transformer was bay(one of the few things he did right).

Starscream, while he didn't exactly reach inside her chest made a fair slash and for an air commander with a reputation that HE led the decepticons unchallenged when megs was in stasis should show how powerful he was supposed to be. Bad writing and lack of ideas have made starscream back to his g1 incarnation of a whimp. I thought this screamer would break the mould and be an all out badass killing machine that would go to any lengths. Steve Blum has created the best voice I have heard coming from a ss imo and it's a darn shame his credibility has dropped.

Megatron took on Prime and Unicron and the other autobots are scared sh*tless of him, so when he shot arcee, the least I was suspecting was that she'd die or be stasis locked for a while but no, next scene all patched up.

9. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is he in the same position? Prowl actually does something and in fact the other characters in that show got equal screen time and Prowl's story wasn't boring or repeditive, there were many layers to Prowl and the only scrape with death he had was when he died.

10. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Truthfully, Arcee is the only Autobot in this show that I care about.

11. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I personally never liked her and all the hype she gets. But that's just me. But I haven't seen a lot of hate going around though. So i'm not sure what your talking about exactly.

12. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    QFT

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I care for the others myself but yeah Arcee's pretty much the only one so far that I actually grew attached with!:) 

14. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    There's a lot of revisionism going on right here.

Starscream stabbed Cliffjumper through the heart (err, spark?). He slashed Arcee's side. One of those is a fatal wound. One of those is painful, but not likely to be fatal. Only whatever the Cybertronian equivalent of adreneline kept her fighting.

Megatron's cannon isn't that powerful in this continuity. Bumblebee survived a direct hit unscathed (One Shall Fall). The shots were deflected by Prime's sword several times. And when Arcee got hit, one shot was enough to nearly do her in.

You don't have to like the character, but she pretty clearly doesn't have any plot shield.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Exactly this! And to say that she should be seriously hurt everytime she's on the battlefield because she's female is almost sextist sounding. Yes she's more frail looking but that doens't mean she's not tough either.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't hate her at all, I prefer this version over the other versions over the years. She's quickly became one of my favorite characters out of the last ten years.

17. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I think she should have a sandwich, she looks frail. lol jk

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    :lol  Well she DOES look a little short on Energon come to think of it. Maybe she's on a ultra strict diet?:lol  Either way she's still awsome.

I guess Jack should take her out to dinner more often!:lol 

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i dont hate her character i just think she is overused.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Mine too!:D  I also prefer the Prime Blue Arcee over the other versions any day!:thumb 

She looks MUCH more lovelier in Blue Silver and Black then in Pink and White! and I don't regret saying that one bit!:D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.