What's up with Ebay/Paypal

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by JunkionExchange, Feb 13, 2006.

1. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Seems more and more that there is more crooks on there now. And Shipping times are a Joke as is the ratings system. I have traded for stuff here and they arrive faster then the ebay stuff. And their Did not recieve item is a joke as is Paypal's refund policy. I think Im owed $45from Paypal due to ebay dead beats

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

It's all the same company. One screws you, the other one will as well. It's a gamble, but every once in a while, things do go your way.

3. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    some eBay sellers don't realize they're operating a business. They have the mind frame of them doing YOU a favor ... and ship at their earliest convenience.

I'm dealing with this SOB "Complex3" who's been giving me the run around for WEEKS now. "oh, I shipped the items" ... "you didn't get them yet? I'll send out replacements" (bs) I filed a paypal claim today ... "Hey, why did you file a claim?!"

You piece of trash, it's been 30 DAYS.

4. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    Filed a PayPal claim against this terrible seller, Complex3. She got pissed and wondered why yesterday.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd love to hear her reply on that one.

6. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

me too to bad it seems more and more ebayers are taking the month route for things

7. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Well sometimes the system works apparently.

I had won an auction for Cybertron Downshift at the beginning of the month, (the 4th to be exact) and on the 7th, I receive an email that the seller is a fraud, and I should file a claim right away.

I did. Last night at 1:15 AM (of all times...) PayPal emails me after the 10 day waiting period and said that they ruled in my favor and that they were only able to pull back $19.53 from his account, and that they were crediting it to mine. Luckily, that's exactly the amount I sent him.

They said it will be 5 or less business days before it's back in my account.

I'm surprised it worked with all of the horror stories I've heard.

8. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

You are so Lucky!!!! I bought some predaking foot posts for $28 (I was so Happy) from TOYFAN18 and 2 months later nothing was recieved I went the Paypal route and I only got $4 refunded to me as he had already cleaned out his paypal account.

9. TSFC

TSFC Banned

This guy apparently left his account information on PayPal. Makes me wonder if he got sick and couldn't fulfill rather than fraud.

Most take the money and run...

I ain't knockin' it though. I'm grateful.

10. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    2 diffrent times I got screwed by Paypal with overseas buyers on high dollar items ($300+) I send the items, they claim they never got them, paypal takes back the $ from my account and I'm out the items and the $. The Buyers wanted basic shipping only and according to Paypal bullshit policy if you do not have a tracking number they side with the buyer, no matter that they did not request tracking. I was burnt the first time, I had forgotten and stupid me got hit again a couple of years later.

11. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    If you responded to emails (both of the buyer and Paypal), there is no way Paypal would have given a refund to your buyer, they only do that if the seller is not responding or if it can be proved that you never sent the items.

12. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I bought some Transformers from her as gift to my groomsmen last October. It took her 2 months to get the stuff from me. I bought her story though, and since everything arrived before the Wedding, I still left her positive feedback (she didn't leave me any though). If I had known she runs this scam this often I would've bombed her.

~X

13. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Actually yes they do. And proof doesn't work when shipping out of your country The same thing happened to my friend Eric but they got him because the delivery confirmation number was never scanned over in Europe too bad those things only work in the states. The only one that does work is the WAY HIGH International Registered mail thing which is cool if you don't mind paying $15-25 for it

14. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:

Nope they stated that Unless I can provide the tracking number they would side with them. No tracking number = SCREWED

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yep, had the same problem. Delivery confirmation isn't offered to foreign countries so the guy reversed the charge after posting pics and bragging about getting the item (on a different board) Paypal wouldn't even accept the e-mail from him THANKING ME FOR SENDING IT :banghead:  I decided at that point (it's happened to me twice) that if I ever do sell on Ebay again (unlikely) I will no longer ship outside the US and probably wont take Paypal...it's just waaaaay too much hassle.

On the flip side I've been ripped off a couple times as a buyer and gotten a whopping $2 thanks to their $25 charge for helping get a refund....

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I purchased 2 MOSC G1 Firecons and paid for them via PayPal on Dec. 28, 2005 - and I just got them Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2006! I too was told that they were already sent and asked if I had them yet. Then I was told they were returned to his address. I filed a claim w/ both PayPal and eBay. PayPal said they couldn't help me, but eBay kept their 'investigation' open. Seller got PO'd that I filed a claim too. Eventually, without any type of communication from the seller they magically appeared.

At times, it does seem like a real burden to deal w/ eBay and PayPal when said events happen.