Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblejazz, Jul 18, 2017.
I got MP Streak from TRU, and it was so bad it wouldn't even transform into alt mode.
My luck is pretty good to be honest BUT I did get a Revenge of the Fallen armorhide(that dune buggy fella) who just came without a left hand entirely
I've been pretty lucky, here are the contenders:
Loose joints (wrist, landing gear) on TR Scourge
The solid yellow hinge for TR Wolfwire broke upon the second transformation
G1 Prowl's roof snapped off, my mother bought a replacement and ITS roof snapped off within two weeks
I'm going to go with G1 Prowl. That one was pretty obnoxious.
Arcee is missing paint on the left side of her stomach.
Masterpiece Hot Rod has plastic stuck in slot on his knee. He can still transform thankfully.
My Classics hound has two left forearms, and my FE bulkhead has two right knees
Also my aoe lockdown came broken in half, but that wasn't caused by qc,
My biggest qc issue was generations Skids. Had both thighs reversed with the other. Ended up snapping one hip balljoint trying to switch them. Glued it back on, and still transforms. But what a pain.
RID Warrior Starscream is missing paint on one of his er shall we say chest vents
Last Knight Skullitron and his torso, can't tab in to save its life
Just bought fort max and he had no sticker sheet or emissary. Box was not opened at all, and no new tape on it either.
My Generations Rattrap has an insanely tight joint on one his arms. Don't remember which, but, it's so bad it can't even swivel. Also, TLK Skullitron... just all of him.
Definitely G1 Jetfire. His shoulder self destructed right after Xmas dinner and his Boxing Day replacement had the same arm self destruct just after the return period had ended. I glued it on and lived with it until I replaced it just last year.
Followed by Hasbro MP Rodimus. His arm fell off a few months ago, but I've since replaced that joint. Which brings us to MP-9B and his knees. I bought mine MISB, long after his fragility became legendary and I wisely bought the die cast replacements months before I bought it. His one knee was broken in package, so I had to replace parts before I could even transform him for the first time. The chrome on MP Hot Rod, Ratchet and Ironhide sucks pretty good as well.
Other than that, just loose joints, as in Krok, Skullcrusher and Steelbane. And the missing tailfin on the RID Twinfire that I bought last month. Returned it and found another last week.
Henkei Sideswipe with no head!
Transformers Titanium Megatron. The worst in my entire collection of Transformers. Nothing wants to stay together. I still have in pieces in a ziplock bag. Nothing broker at all. Got it brand new years ago, and it always fell apart. A real shame as it looks kind of cool.
Start at the 2:00 mark. Video/Sound quality is poor, but this vid was made years ago when I first got this horrible TF:
My Movie Protoform Starscream crumbled right out of the package. Something about GPS or something
My UW Grand Scourge had the entirety of his waist section, including the inside of the crotch itself slathered in glue. It wasn't noticeable but you couldn't rotate the waist, which was needed for combined mode(and just articulation in general.) I had to pry it open/apart, just about breaking the whole waist section and then found part of the gear system that ratchets the legs also had excess plastic on them. I was able to fix it but holy shit, why did tha happen?
I have a Prime Smokescreen with an entirely unpainted door, have an Emissary with two right arms, and had a T30 Dreadwing with two right legs (exchanged that one). Overall though, I've been pretty lucky...
Animated voyager Megatron. Got him home, took him out of the package, transformed him and his right leg fell off. It slid out of the joint right above the knee.
Well TM2 Megatron came with a backwards part that controlls his dragon head. There's a piece that can be flipped down to lock it in place but with the part on backwards the locking mechanism doesn't work and the beast head just droops down in "vehicle" mode. You really need to be able to lock it in place in order for his head to stay up. Fortunately you just have to undo one screw and turn it around. However this part was apperently put on backwards on every single figure.
Generations Blitz wing, again a problem on nearly every copy of the figure. The helmet for some reason was molded in tan and painted yellow even on the inside. The bar that the faces rotate on is too thick with the paint on it for the faces to rotate freely. I had to take his head apart and shave off the paint from the inside of the helmet so his gimmick would work. Seems like a total waist of paint, a waist of money, and it stops the gimmick from working. Why the hell did the paint the inside of the helmet. I can understand why it wasn't molded in yellow when it's the only yellow on the entire figure but only paint the outside where it can actually be seen and won't interfer with the gimmick.
But actually I think the worst problem I ever had was when Kicker broke in half right out of the package.
MPM 03 Bumblebee neck wing/collar snapped right out of the box on one side. Major sadness
User error is NOT a QC problem. One might say the G1 Datsuns (and Jazz) had some design problems, but the roof snapping off is all due to the user and not due to a lack of quality control.
Compared to what some people are writing here I've had it fairly good. Mostly issues connected with poor design on third party toys (FT Willis' ankles, Eligos' alt mode). In terms of HasTak, floppiness in some MPs (Prowl's right hip joint is very loose, it it wasn't for the fairly tight hipskirt he would be very hard to pose) and paint issues (MP Soundwave, but you can hardly see them unless you're a nitpicky person like me ). Oh, and th designer forgot to put tabs on TR Wheelie. That figure is a mess. Still like it though.
1) My Generations Skids had two left foots on both legs but everything else was fine so I had to go on eBay and this time look for in hand pictures of the toy in MISB. It was pretty easy to find honestly. The only problem was the price he was going for...
2) DoTM Darksteel was basically crushed in package. Not really a bad thing but it was just.. how? How is it that the screw ties were still on the plastic bubble but the figure flopped out from the them? And from what I saw from the packaging on him, he wasn't even pre-owned by anyone. This guy was like a legitimately fresh figure.
3) My Combiner Wars Hot Spot apparently has some off the red paint cut out for Defensor's chest. I haven't fixed it yet but I plan to but seeing Defensor's face kinda chipped off, I'd like to refer to it as battle damage.
4) Titans Return Topspin and Combiner Wars Fireflight both can't hold their weapons correctly. One of the twin blasters that come with Topspin doesn't hold into his right hand securely and it's quite loose but when I switch their places, it somehow feels a little more secure (?) on the left hand. Can't explain it really. As for Fireflight, his sniper rifle can't even be held on both hands. The grip is so loose I just decided to give the gun to another figure. I gave Fireflight some other weapons.
5) Generations Junkheap looked like a pretty cool toy both in robot and vehicle. What was the problem? The screw ties weren't on the figure and the weapon wasn't there! And like DoTM Darksteel, he was also a fresh figure and wasn't pre-owned and returned.
Separate names with a comma.