Whats the worst/craziest QC issue you've ever personally encountered?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deaculpa, Jul 9, 2014.

1. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same thing happened to mine. the screw came out of his head too and got lost; i replaced it with a toothpick to keep the ape head/back attached to the rest of the figure.

i'm surprised there's not a lot of GPS hate in here...

FOC Skywarp was missing his face paint apps.

-

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    How did I miss this gem of a thread. Well, I guess I'll contribute a little:

I don't care what anyone else says, this thing is a piece of shit!

I can understand the source of your frustration.

3. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I prefer to spell it as "pizza shit"

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I would rather not insult the great pizza gods by associating pizza with that shit :D 

5. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    honestly all mine have been official figures.

generations skids with the hip thing but that worked out
    generations trailcutter has a missing pin in his hand

my toys r us mp rodimus saga....lol this shit. i go to my toys r us and see two on the shelf..grabbed one..looked good. got it home, one arm was broken out of the box on the back of the figure so i couldn't see it till i opened it and it fell right off. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way back to tru to exchange it for the other one got him home transformed him a few times left him on the shelf. couple years later went to sell him....plastic around the arm joint was crumbling off. luckily the guy that wanted to buy it was okay with it breaking and i knocked like $20 off my price and sold him a junker.

that masterpiece sucked hard.

6. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    AoE lockdown, I opened him and he literally fell in half ala movie jazz, now I suspect damage during shipping, but luckily both his modes stay together well enough, oh and before you wonder how I didn't notice damage before I bought it, (because there was), it all comes to very bad timing, I bought him several weeks ago after a major storm just passed though and power had been out for more than a day, including at the target I bought it at that evening, so it was pretty dark and so is lockdown, and so I didn't really realize the extent of the damage until I opened him literally by candlelight later that night.

I have a thing about returning stuff though, so I still own him.

Attached Files:

7. Huffington

Huffington Banned

That's a very stupid "thing."

8. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

MMC Bovis didn't come with beast eyes. They weren't even in the box.
    Don't care though. The Feral Cons are some of the best figures I own.
    (And Lego minifigure scale if you go by the approximate scale to humanoids in the comics)

9. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I rarely return things either. Especially for cheaper things it's not worth my time. I always calculate how much it would cost at my hourly rate of pay. If it's more than I would get back for returning it I don't bother. For something like a mass market Transformer it's almost never worth it.

10. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    It's pretty much what dedguy said, having played many many a figure into oblivion over the years, I've learned to accept breakage from time to time and usually end up using the FUBAR ones as custom fodder anyway, and paint defects and looseness usually don't bother me even a little bit.

This is all thanks to growing up on G2, and going through a slingshot, and three electros before the age of ten.

Oh and it is not a matter of "I can just buy another one" in fact I'm on a very tight budget, and have made it a point to never buy straight up repaints if I already own one of the same mould, so no seekers lol.

All this being said I will return something if it is 50$ or more and is so catastrophically damaged as to be impossible for me to fix, and so far I haven't had anything meet that criteria, because as much as I love third party stuff I rarely have the scratch available when stuff I like is released and am not willing to pay the aftermarket butt**** prices on eBay when I do have the money (which means I've never owned any of the kickass fansproject upgrades other than the superion one) so I go with cheap and plentiful Hasbro plastic crack, and occasionally dip my nose into the Takara stuff (usually for MPs and weird or crazy alt mode stuff) and even less often get the third party wish fulfillment stuff as much as I really want to (FERAL REX drools....) I can't

I hope this helps to illustrate my mindset more clearly to you

Because to me toys are strictly for enjoyment and as long as I'm enjoying it I will not return it

Oh, and f*** resale value!!! I take pride in playing with my toys to the point of utter destruction ( plus I absolutely LOVE saying "proceed on your way to oblivion!" Before I reformat the annihilated remains of a well loved toy)

And to show how little I care about paint defects I will attach a pic of a more expensive figure I own that has a pretty bad paint defect in robot mode! Check out that shoulder

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

My Mania King as soon as i opened it the leg fell right off.

12. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Toyworld Hegemon (first edition) the ball sockets on both hips for those fold-up pieces that form the top of the gun handle...both sockets have cracks in them on the inside. They hold the pieces well enough, but they constantly pop out whenever I've transformed him (yes, I do that occasionally). Bought from RK, who responded, but they couldn't get anything from TW and had sold all their inventory and had no replacement parts to send.

Ah well. Could be worse--as I said the pieces do stay in there snug. Just not as much as they could.

13. Henners

Henners Sonicron

Ebay:
    Sonicron plastic produced stress marks from regular transformation on the first time.

14. Snapper1973

Snapper1973 Member

My Hexatron was missing a leg panel and pin right out of the box. MMC mailed me the panel and pin very quickly (and at no cost).

My MP Tigertrack is beautiful, but I was puzzled as to why his Lambo mode wasn't quite fitting together right. On closer inspection, the hinge that connects the passenger-side window to the roof was pulled out of shape at the factory; the pin crammed in at such an odd angle that it was cracking the clear plastic joint. Not an easy fix. Now looking for a replacement.

Oh, and I once purchsed Universe Galvatron. 'Nuff said.

15. Henners

Henners Sonicron

Ebay:
    My universe galvatron legs pop out at the knee but i thought that was just mine.

16. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Does it count as worst if it is resolved?

17. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found an insect's (maybe from a wasp or a cicada?) wing inside the space where Maketoys Green Giant Not-Mixmaster left foot folds up that interfered with the transformation. Does it count?

18. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

My mmc talon was missing a combined mode ratchet. Still waiting on mmc to fix it.......... Going on two months since they mailed the wrong part the first time....