What's the next big thing for 3PC post G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Molini, Jul 14, 2014.

?

What fiction(s) would you like to see 3PCs tackle

1. Beast Wars

30 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. RID (not IDW)

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Dreamworks

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. IDW MTME/RID

57 vote(s)
    54.3%
  5. Movieverse

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  6. Transformers Animated

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. WFC/FOC

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  8. Masterforce/Victory

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  9. Other TF fiction

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

An interesting discussion developed over in the Planet X Neptune thread. Essentially, the demand for WFC/FOC style figures was brought into question with respect to longevity of Planet X as a 3PC in this market.

Fans Toys was brought up with respect to their niche as a 3PC specializing in MP style products and how G1 animated seems to be their approach to fill in gaps in the Has/Tak MP collections for fans. *GASP* What ever shall they do once all the G1 figures have become MP plastic icons overflowing detolf shelfs in a bedroom near you?!

Are we all truly slaves to a particular fiction such as G1 anime or IDW or is there truly a demand for other fictional representations of your favorite figures that could sell out at e-tailers?

This in no way is limited to PX and FT, these are just for reference. This is 3PC as a whole.

Let's discuss...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Streaker Prime

Streaker Prime Crusader

Remakes of the G1 characters, with even better materials and engineering!

That was meant to be facetious, but on further consideration it's more probable than not. As for me personally, I'm indifferent to actively hostile to post 1989 characters, unless they were introduced in Marvel/Marvel UK/IDW comics.

So, how about IDW style everybody!

3. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My guess is they'll start over with slightly different molds long before they hit that theoretical limit. We've already had two MP Optimii, and they've barely scratched the surface on the Dinobots. If they get down to MP S.T.A.R.S. guys, maybe we'll start seeing other stuff, but so long as the bulk of the market keeps buying G1, that's what they'll keep making. Maybe now that the Beast Wars kids are making money, we might start seeing more variety, but it took them 28 years to get to Sideswipe, and Bumblebee took 30, so it may yet be awhile.

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    IDW goodness for sure. Beast Wars is a close second for me but I can see FoC/WfC stuff being more popular.

5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

silly question....post g1?!!?? hahahhaha

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    WFC/FOC. We need Warpath, Sideswipe, (deluxe/voyager as we're getting legends) Ironhide, Ratchet, Zeta, Dead End, Breakdown, Dragstrip, Wheeljack, Magnus, Trypticon, FOC Megatron, Silverbolt, Air Raid, Jetfire, Barricade, FOC Metroplex, Bombshell, Shrapnel, and any others I missed.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sadly, I don't even see my answer here, and I think it's going to be Masterforce/Victory. Especially with the anime style that a few of these companies in particular have.

8. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I made a special spot for you called, "other" ;) 

9. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Oh god yes. How could I forget?!?

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Other can be anything. Other can be rescue bots. I'm talking about Victory/Masterforce which I feel has a bigger following than being stockpiled with other "whatever" series.

11. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I was actually looking for a way to edit the poll so I could add Victory/Masterforce in, but I couldn't find it in edit.

Do I need a mod to do it?

12. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this. So many great characters to play with. Some great designs, and great potential to reimagine characters that haven't been seen but once or twice in decades.

13. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

14. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

That's already 4 Masterforce/Victory votes just through text.

Mod's, any way to include this in the poll? Shame on me for not including it in the first place ,event though I'm not a fan, I shouldn't have neglected the other fans :( 

Yeah, it's similar, but more remake of character focus that could have nothing to do with a particular fictional representation, but just a mere re-imagining (which is pretty much what the Classics line was all about). 3rd Party is definitely full of re-imaginings as well, but there also seems to be demand for specific fictional representations also, such as what you, TJ and others just pointed out was missing from the poll options with Masterforce/Victory.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I would just love more WFC/FOC styled figures...could toss in G1 styled figures that had futuristic or Cybertronian alts to this group...after the Dinobots they could go Insect crazy...also I could see the Omnibots with futuristic or Cybertronian alts...toss in the Powerdashers, Technobots and Terrorcons and I'd be happy...

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i cast my got for IDW before I read this.

This would totally be my answer as well. I figured these are already covered by the term G1. At least the way i understand it runs from USA G1 through Victory. A few inconsistencies, maybe. no worries to me.

i have a strong feeling this is where some of these 3P are headed next anyways.

17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the current rate, we'll never complete the G1 cast anyway so I don't see the point of looking past that.

18. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

IDW universe has a lot of space still, WFC/FOC would be great, too.

I also kinda wanna see a Deathsaurus and Leo Victory, but that's just me.

19. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Is love to see some new interpretations on several Unicron trilogy figures.

20. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    G1 will never be overtaken by anything in the way its been going because of how many iterations of it their are and how the idw/foc type stuff is still technically g1 and can cross appeal to more than one type of collector.

I'm sure over time we'll slowly get more figures of guys from non g1 series like RiD and beast wars etc but I think the long running consistent thing is just going to be G1 revisited over and over in various forms and styles from mps to classics to whatever.

Heck if anything I think the next big thing (though still not as big as g1) is going to be third parties and fans just making up more n more of their own characters to become part of whatever imagined modern version of transformers is perceived to be the most popular. I think many people tend to have this idea in their heads always of transformers being a multi-verse situation where almost anything can work and it really just comes down to how nicely designed and made the figure is. Things like SteelCore and FeralQueen are going to become more n more common.