What's the funniest or silliest in-universe explanation in Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheWarPathGuy, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    When it comes to the Enigma of Combination, I see it more as the solution to perfectly combine minds rather than bodies. Anyone could alter Cybertronians to make them physically combine, but the Enigma is more of a program that links the minds of each component. If used without altering their bodies to physically combine, they become one mind controlling several bodies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

In Transformers Animated the reason Blitzwing is a triple changer is because his Icy personality wanted to scan a jet, the hot head personality wanted to scan a tank and after a few minutes of arguing the Random personality said "Why not scan both!?" so they did.

Most shows come up with some sort of glitch or special ability but Animated, na, he just can't make up his mind and I love it.

• Like Like x 8
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    How did I know that 15 years after the fact we'd still be attempting to rattle that saber.

Budding. Always budding. That's t he silliest in universe explanation of ANYTHING right there.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Megatron taking his name from a guy named Megatronus. This might not be silly anymore since most of us kind of accept it but when I first heard of this explanation I thought it was the silliest thing someone came up with.

The Fallen's real name is Megatronus is also silly in my opinion, usually I just call him Fallen instead of that name.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, at this point, I feel like it's better off unexplained.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

Megatron's description of his latest doomsday weapon, from the episode "Masquerade":
    "The most destructive weapon known to Decepticon science...Utilizing that ruby's light, focused through those perfect lenses, it will fire the most destructive ray of all. More powerful than any laser, it will create a chain reaction in whatever it touches... producing instantaneous destruction."
    What makes it so silly is the fact that this turns out to mean "it blows up rocks", making it basically just a larger, more immobile version of the guns the Decepticons already have. What was the point in building this thing, again?

Equally bizarre is his explanation for the weapon from "B.O.T." He's going to have Bruticus (and ONLY Bruticus; apparently no one else can work it even though they can) use this device to knock the moon out of its orbit, so that Soundwave can use the tide-controlling device he created to control the tides and flood one canyon, which will apparently create limitless energy somehow. Wha?

Oh, and then there's the declaration in "More Than Meets the Eye, Part 2" that rubies are apparently a potent source of energy. Suuure.

• Like Like x 3
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    MTMTE has a lot of bullshit but the attention deflectors take the cake for me.

• Like Like x 7
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Oh... the "paint" the Autobots used in "Masquerade" to disguise themselves as the Stunticons was pretty damn silly... even in the 80's. How does Optimus painting himself black or Mirage painting himself yellow, ect. completely change how they transform giving them totally different robot modes?

I believe Menasaur was also explained away as they were able to do that using magnets... but how does that explain where Menasor's face came from if the Autobot cars were only using magnets to attach themselves to Optimus?

I mean realistically they'd have to be completely rebuilt to actually give them those forms. Or they'd have to always remain in vehicle form because that's the only way paint would make them look like the Stunticons cause they already have the same vehicle modes... Though even that really shouldn't work because Motormaster has that sleeper section above his cab and Optimus doesn't... and Windcharger is a Minibot so I think even though they're based on the same vehicle mode, he's a lot smaller than the other three Autobot cars while the Stunticon cars are all roughly the same size... they kind of have to be because they turn into limbs... so how the heck is a little minibot like Windcharger going to appear roughly the same size as three normal sized Autobots?

That's a fun episode and I still love it but the explanation for how the Autobots disguises work to make them look like the Stunticons doesn't actually make any freaking sense.

There's also another episode where Megatron and Starscream paint themselves invisible which is something Mirage can do naturally but when Mirage turns invisible he's ACTUALLY invisible. When Megatron and Starscream use invisible paint their outlines can still be seen plus they're incredibly noisy basically talking to each other the entire episode... and some how it's played like they can only hear each other. How can they see and hear each other but no one else can? Once again... magic paint that contains properties that don't actually make any sense.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Revoticus

It was handwaved as them using holograms to make themselves look like Menasor, which is still puzzling since Hound is the one with the hologram not Mirage. Maybe he borrowed it for that occasion?
    Windchargers size changes because scale is a myth in G1.
    The invisible paint they probably got from a robot cat with magical items.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Mass shifting normally happens during transformation... and the minibots have never really been that big... but there's no official explanation for the size difference in universe other than the real world explanation of animation errors so I'm still counting it.

I feel like I should know this reference but I'm having trouble remembering... I almost want to say Felix the Cat but that seems wrong because you said he was a robot...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Revoticus

It's a Japanese manga called 'Doraemon'.
    Screenshot_20200916_073059.jpg

12. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Magnetic field not magnets

Actually the face was explained by The first and only proper use of mirages powers according to the tech spec

MIRAGE dialog

(Quietly) And I can keep this phony face!

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, rubies, or any matter can be a potent source of energy if one has an efficient means of breaking the atoms apart, which energon cubes ... probably aren't?

14. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Well , the energon itself (on earth) is just the end result of converted earth energy

15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Those charisma aliens from MTMTE's second season.

16. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave A Big Fan of (Sound/Shock)wave

Fair enough. The fact that we don't know how energon cubes work makes things like this much more confusing.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Has there ever been a moment where a character in universe has referenced something being silly... like how "Lois and Clark" and "Smallville" have both referenced in universe the fact that the glasses don't actually make any sense as a disguise.

I imagine SG Drift must of done this at some point since he's basically Deadpool.

18. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Thats incorrect. The reason he has an unstable personality is a direct result of becoming a Triple Changer to begin with. It had nothing to do with not being able to make up his mind. It’s explained in the AllSpark Almanacs. If you go back, He had his multiple personalities in the Pilot episode before he arrived on Earth, and even earlier in the same episode he chooses his alt modes. Where did you even come up with “he was just indecisive?”

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  19. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    For me, the insanely stupid literalness of cartoon Shockwave takes the gold medal. He starts out by saying he’ll keep Cybertron exactly the same until Megatron returns - and he literally does just that, nothing more and nothing less, for millions of years.

The leader of the resistance is gone, along with his top soldiers and scientists. The knowledge and equipment in the Autobots’ HQ are there for the taking. Does he take advantage? Plunder them? Set a trap for unsuspecting Autobots? No. He gets as far as slapping a new padlock on the door in case they come back, an act which apparently exhausts his very short supply of initiative.

Then he waits for Megatron to call. For four million years.

Apparently his only hobby in the meantime is to periodically transform into space gun mode and fire at nothing in particular. “Oops,” he thinks to himself after a particularly long spell of randomly shooting thin air. “Looks like we’re running out of energon. Wonder how that happened? Maybe I should call the boss.”

This is clearly the first time in four million years he’s thought of doing this.

And throughout the whole conversation with his long lost commander, he never even bothers to ask where he’s been, as if this is completely normal thing to happen. For his part, Megatron is at least a little incredulous to see Shockwave exactly where he left him, but is old one eye in the least perturbed?

Nah. He’s all ”Oh hi, sorry to bother you. Have you got a minute?”

• Like Like x 12
  20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Why can I only like a post once?

And this is why I like Animated Shockwave so much because he actually DOES stuff on Cybertron and isn't just standing in one room for 4 million years waiting for a phone call.

• Like Like x 6