What's the fastest you've seen figures go on clearance?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gopherman, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Has better things to do tonite then die.

It was about 10 minutes for me.
    Here's what happened, For me it was last Sunday at Walmart, I was in the toy department seeing if any new Transformers had come in, I saw a stack of what looked like Studio Series 86 voyager boxes on the top shelf then asked an employee to get them down, It turned out they had just put them there a little bit before I got there.
    It was 4 Hot Rods and 2 Scourges looked them over and was headed to check out with a Hot Rod And a Scourge then thought might as well get an extra Hot Rod, Saw that they were all gone in the 5 minutes I had went to check out then saw they were sitting in a cart I asked the employee if the cart was a customers they said no they had just put items in it that didn't have a place on the shelf so I got another Hot Rod thats when she told me she was putting them on clearance for $25 each and put the clearance sticker on all of them.
    Just dumb luck I guess. lol

• Like Like x 3
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Crazy.

SS Bumblebee movie Prime and Rampage got marked down to $7 from $30 as it hit the shelf at my local WM.

Others have mentioned Siege Jetfire to $50 or less in a matter of days.

3. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Cyberverse wave 2 warriors
    One day when ss wave 3 was barely hitting retail i went hunting for ss dotm ratchet and the lockdown repaint and i saw the 2nd wave of Cyberverse warriors on the pegs. I didnt get vw bumblebee because i ordered him off amazon but amazon lost my package then i went to that walmart later that day to get the vw bumblebee i left on the and i noticed the Cyberverse warriors were gone, i was in a hurry and went to the clearance section (this was during the time when star wars toys were going for cheap at walmarts clearance selections ) when i got there the Cyberverse warriors were right there for $7. I only picked up windblade because i like her character

4. Renga

Renga Otaku-ish.

News Credits:
    The Beast Machines era line of figures in the 2000's were deeply discounted after falling off the retail chains and wind up at the SoCal clearance stores called then Pic 'N' Save which subsequently become Big Lots. Most of the line was available discounted at times 60% from the deluxe and mega all the way up to those hefty supreme class figures. (Cheetor and then later Primal.) They sat on the shelves for years at multiple locations in the area.

5. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

For me, aside from Walmarts stocking new stuff at the same clearance price as the old stuff, the fastest was MPM Starscream at Target. Got him day one, and within a week he was half off.

• Like Like x 2
  6. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same for me. Only one I can remember in recent memory. They’ll discount the week old Starscream but not the poor 2 year old Shockwave who’s been sitting there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Walmart discounted the Netflix deluxes by a few bucks in my area.

Apparently, both waves 1 and 2 count as the same in their system, because I got what I wanted from wave 2 with that same discount price.:D 

8. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's correct. Theyre called an assortment

9. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

The Shockwave situation blows my mind. They are finally gone, most likely pulled and sold to Ollie's or Ross, but yeah, they were clogging the shelf at full price forever!

10. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Didn't Netflix Ultra Magnus hit the shelves at $35? Like did anyone ever see it physically in a Walmart for $60?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Siege Jetfire and Spoiler Box Magnus come to mind. Delayed so long their spot on the Planogram was already about to vanish right as they showed up so instantly marked down to move units. Stupid for Walmart? Yes
    Nice for me? Also yes

• Like Like x 1
  12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Earthrise wave 2 deluxes for $10 at walmart last december are what first come to mind. I had only seem that wave once prior to that a month before at full price.

13. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Wish Canadian walmarts did this! Some figures stay on shelf for an entire year and don't go on clearance! Only clearance deals I got from them was when they put siege Thundercracker out for $5 and battle masters for $1 each last year. This year nothing except a Sixgun and hound for half price but I've already got them.

14. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Well-Known Member

Only thing I've ever seen on clearance (not counting stuff shuffled off to other retailers like Ollies or TJMaxx) is Walmart's G1 Optimus. Wasn't really fast, and pretty much only luck that I found it, as it wasn't anywhere near the regular TF shelves, but it was $25 when I scanned it at one of the price check thingys. Was probably 6 months or so old by that point. At $25 I figured I'd go for it, even without the trailer or roller. At least this time the stacks weren't neutered. My old original g1's in pretty worn shape so doesn't hurt to have a nice one (and with both fists)

15. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Siege Jetfire would be my answer as well. Saw it at full price on the shelf but a few days later it was down by almost half.

16. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    Never. Sometimes other toys but never Transformers. Not even the 6 Chromias that lived in my closest Walmart for at least 8 months.

17. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    ER Doubledealer was only on shelves for less than a month before he ended up at half price. Meanwhile you can still find Scavengers at full price.

18. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Skyfire

19. wazzzzzpinator

wazzzzzpinator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it was when MPM Starscream and Ratchet went to half off after only being on shelves for a few weeks (where I am, at least)

20. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Skyfire