Customs: What's on your "to do" list?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've made a police car out of the Mustang GT mold, but it certainly isn't movie Barricade. My custom actually predates the release of Barricade by quite a bit (but that certainly does not mean that he wasn't being designed or in production as the same time as my Alt custom).

. . . and what gets to me is how eeeeevvverryone whined about repaints and when they get rare, now all of a sudden everyone wants em. /rant

2. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Yeah!!

I'd take two of each in every color under the sun if they made them. (Eh, moot point now)

3. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Yeah!!

I'd take two of each in every color under the sun if they made them. (Eh, moot point now)

4. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh man, i have a ton of customs lined up. the following are ones i've started on:
    wreckers rotorbolt
    a new optimus minor and a new apelinq from cybertron jungle planet prime
    a new t-wrecks from cyb jp megatron

i also have plans for
    classics nemesis prime from ultra magnus
    classics sunstorm from skywarp
    bw slugfest from saberback
    bw beast box from cyb jp prime
    bw squalk talk from bw airazor
    bw howlback from armada cheetor
    bw garboil from energon divebomb
    a new tankor from movie brawl
    wreckers tm fractyl and skywarp
    a yet unnamed vehicon from movie wreckage
    cybertron terrorsaur from brimstone
    bw snarl (cybertron version) from bw wolfang
    bw night viper from corhada
    bw ratbat from tm2 sonar
    a new dinobot from bw dinobot
    yet unnamed customs of bw insecticon, tm waspinator, tm terrorsaur, energon battle ravage, cyb armorhide, bw rattrap, bw iguanus, cyb wreckloose

i'm also considering some other customs, but i have yet to either acquire the figures or have yet to find the right existing figure i want to use

5. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh man, i have a ton of customs lined up. the following are ones i've started on:
    wreckers rotorbolt
    a new optimus minor and a new apelinq from cybertron jungle planet prime
    a new t-wrecks from cyb jp megatron

i also have plans for
    classics nemesis prime from ultra magnus
    classics sunstorm from skywarp
    bw slugfest from saberback
    bw beast box from cyb jp prime
    bw squalk talk from bw airazor
    bw howlback from armada cheetor
    bw garboil from energon divebomb
    a new tankor from movie brawl
    wreckers tm fractyl and skywarp
    a yet unnamed vehicon from movie wreckage
    cybertron terrorsaur from brimstone
    bw snarl (cybertron version) from bw wolfang
    bw night viper from corhada
    bw ratbat from tm2 sonar
    a new dinobot from bw dinobot
    yet unnamed customs of bw insecticon, tm waspinator, tm terrorsaur, energon battle ravage, cyb armorhide, bw rattrap, bw iguanus, cyb wreckloose

i'm also considering some other customs, but i have yet to either acquire the figures or have yet to find the right existing figure i want to use

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not much, really.

- 6" Shining Magnus
    - 6" Diaclone Magnus
    - Classics Magnus armor/trailer
    - An awesome secret project!

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not much, really.

- 6" Shining Magnus
    - 6" Diaclone Magnus
    - Classics Magnus armor/trailer
    - An awesome secret project!

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If that's the case, you'd probably be pretty happy with my "to-do" list. :)  /*spoiler alert*

In terms of the actual toys, both Hasbro and Takara were very forthcoming when they said that in order to produce the line efficiently, each mold would have to be used multiple times. I have always been cool with that as I REALLY enjoy the repaints of the same mold (as I'd think my Alt/BT customs would make my affinity pretty obvious there). I distinctly remember the rants about how Swerve "just had a new head sculpt" when we first knew of his release. After his [limited] release at retail, all of a sudden everyone wants one. The same happened with Camshaft. All signs pointed to Bluestreak there, but at the last minute, Hasbro changed the license plate. The first RX-8 was actually intended to be "CAMSHAFT," but the RX-8 doesn't actually have a camshaft, and the plans were changed.

I CERTAINLY enjoy a new mold as much as the next person, but I really enjoy the repaints as well :) 

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If that's the case, you'd probably be pretty happy with my "to-do" list. :)  /*spoiler alert*

In terms of the actual toys, both Hasbro and Takara were very forthcoming when they said that in order to produce the line efficiently, each mold would have to be used multiple times. I have always been cool with that as I REALLY enjoy the repaints of the same mold (as I'd think my Alt/BT customs would make my affinity pretty obvious there). I distinctly remember the rants about how Swerve "just had a new head sculpt" when we first knew of his release. After his [limited] release at retail, all of a sudden everyone wants one. The same happened with Camshaft. All signs pointed to Bluestreak there, but at the last minute, Hasbro changed the license plate. The first RX-8 was actually intended to be "CAMSHAFT," but the RX-8 doesn't actually have a camshaft, and the plans were changed.

I CERTAINLY enjoy a new mold as much as the next person, but I really enjoy the repaints as well :) 

10. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My 'to-do-list' has two parts: The ones im doing and the ones that I dont trust myself to do properly so Im getting outside help.

Mine are Alternator Turbomasters - Boss from Tracks with a prime head, Flash from Ricochet with a Tracks head, Scorch from the ram with a Deadend head, and Hurricane from Camshaft with a Windcharger head. The windcharger body is also destined to become Arcee, and Im redoing my Alt Kickback as he is too damaged.
    I am getting a few done at the moment - Alt Galvatron has been seen about, but also a Springer, Steeljaw, Breakdown, Wildrider, Ratbat and Frenzy.
    I also am thinking of an alt Blurr done from a recoloured sky blue/orange GT in racing theme but cant think of an appropriate head.
    Regards

JL

11. icanfly

Ebay:
    My 'to-do-list' has two parts: The ones im doing and the ones that I dont trust myself to do properly so Im getting outside help.

Mine are Alternator Turbomasters - Boss from Tracks with a prime head, Flash from Ricochet with a Tracks head, Scorch from the ram with a Deadend head, and Hurricane from Camshaft with a Windcharger head. The windcharger body is also destined to become Arcee, and Im redoing my Alt Kickback as he is too damaged.
    I am getting a few done at the moment - Alt Galvatron has been seen about, but also a Springer, Steeljaw, Breakdown, Wildrider, Ratbat and Frenzy.
    I also am thinking of an alt Blurr done from a recoloured sky blue/orange GT in racing theme but cant think of an appropriate head.
    Regards

JL

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    JL,
    I have also been getting some customs done from some of my buddies here that I have a lot of respect for. I've also been able to aquire just a few pieces through some trades and such. Those customs (whether or not the piece is of my creation that I've had someone else do for me or whether it's a piece I've just aquired), have all be properly integrated into my collection as well as having been on my "to-do" list at one point (I actually have a couple pending right now). I view the work of others as comparable to my own, even if not more so.

I've really seen a shift in my own collection over the last years and it's to the point now that I'm more focused on customs than any other aspect of Transformers (this is under the presupposition that the Alt/BT line is over for the most part except the small window for exclusives). I really want to be able to eventually get a piece from each of my good friends and such, but this is mainly dependent on available resources and such.

It's just really nice to see guys like yourself (as well as myself and a few others) who are still excited about Alt/BT customs, despite criticism, etc. The line is dead; long live the line!

:D 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    JL,
    I have also been getting some customs done from some of my buddies here that I have a lot of respect for. I've also been able to aquire just a few pieces through some trades and such. Those customs (whether or not the piece is of my creation that I've had someone else do for me or whether it's a piece I've just aquired), have all be properly integrated into my collection as well as having been on my "to-do" list at one point (I actually have a couple pending right now). I view the work of others as comparable to my own, even if not more so.

I've really seen a shift in my own collection over the last years and it's to the point now that I'm more focused on customs than any other aspect of Transformers (this is under the presupposition that the Alt/BT line is over for the most part except the small window for exclusives). I really want to be able to eventually get a piece from each of my good friends and such, but this is mainly dependent on available resources and such.

It's just really nice to see guys like yourself (as well as myself and a few others) who are still excited about Alt/BT customs, despite criticism, etc. The line is dead; long live the line!

:D 

14. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    Works in progress:
    Classics Thundercracker

Planning stages:
    Alternators Soundwave (from Prime, with scout Arcee becoming Frenzy)
    Alternators Bumblebee (reshelled Meister using Camaro concept model kit)
    Alternators Menasor (from Tracks, Sunstreaker, Decepticharge, Shockblast, and 20th Anniversary Prime)

15. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    Works in progress:
    Classics Thundercracker

Planning stages:
    Alternators Soundwave (from Prime, with scout Arcee becoming Frenzy)
    Alternators Bumblebee (reshelled Meister using Camaro concept model kit)
    Alternators Menasor (from Tracks, Sunstreaker, Decepticharge, Shockblast, and 20th Anniversary Prime)

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Ugh. I still have all my Classics seekers to do (Thundercracker, Sunstorm, Dirge, Thrust and several of my own fan seekers), as well as Nemesis Prime from Classics Ultra Magnus, and Alpha Trion from the Vector Prime from the TRU starscream 2-pack. I just haven;t had the time to do it, and it's frustrating me to no end!

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Ugh. I still have all my Classics seekers to do (Thundercracker, Sunstorm, Dirge, Thrust and several of my own fan seekers), as well as Nemesis Prime from Classics Ultra Magnus, and Alpha Trion from the Vector Prime from the TRU starscream 2-pack. I just haven;t had the time to do it, and it's frustrating me to no end!

18. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    On my to do list is Classics Thrust. Botcon toys were too expensive for me, so I repainted Skywarp into Thundercracker, Ramjet into Dirge, and now only Thrust remains...

19. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    On my to do list is Classics Thrust. Botcon toys were too expensive for me, so I repainted Skywarp into Thundercracker, Ramjet into Dirge, and now only Thrust remains...

20. icanfly

Ebay:
    I have two such customs at the moment and they are cherished items amongst my collection. My personal theory is that if I see something that I love but know I cant come close to, I ask the original designer if they will make me one. If not, I think about if I can do it and if not I go to an 'expert'. There are alot around, and the ones I have dealt with I trust impecably, I wont pay for second rate work and there is damn good reasons I have gone back to them! I like doing my own repainting, but only my Sixshot would I consider really good. I like the others, but not on the level of these others that people do. I love my repaints, & anyone who wants to help me design a Alt Blurr is welcome. Already have Hotrod, Ultra Magnus, Springer and Arcee on way, and a good bloke is making me an awesome Galvatron. Not many movie '87 bots left to do. Just Blurr and Kup, but therer aren't any alt modes suitable for Kup. The GT in sky blue and orange with mirage reprolabels could make a cool Blurr I think with the right head ........ Hey Sculpt_bot, got a Blurr??????

JL