1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Artwork: What's on my desktops

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Cory Bauer, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Here's a pair of matching desktops I've been using. Nothing fancy, just some Revenge of the Fallen promo renders with a little photoshopping. I tried to make the levels and colors more accurately match how they appeared in the Showest footage.

Attached Files:

2. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Props for just going through the work of removing the original backgrounds :D 

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

lol, thanks. Photoshop's newish "refine edge" feature makes it a lot easier than it used to be. The white backgrounds were just too stark and hard to look at, IMO. Now everytime I look at my main monitor Megatron's coming out of the dark to get me.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The Megatron version works really well. It's great.

Although I prefer to use a lighter tone wallpaper because my screen is a glossy screen ; black WP makes the light reflections a bit more annoying to me.

5. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Yeah I hear you. That's why I was so appreciative of the character art being released as Transparent PNG files before the first movie. Made it a lot easier to do wallpapers and such.