What's Next For YOU?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DOTM Bumblebee, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:

Yaaas. (Which size is voyager again? I can never remember.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    bigger than delux, shorter than leader

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'll just keep on keeping on.
    Generations is my mainline. I buy any figure I haven't got an update of that I like.
    MP, SS and anything else I'll buy a stray figure of if it suits my fancy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Honestly nothing is going to change for me. I've always just bought what I liked from whatever line is prevalent. That mostly means Gen and maybe a movie fig or two, after DOTM though nothing has interested me movie wise. There might be a big slow down though in the near future only because I've gotten a lot from my backlog and the BB movie and Cyberverse really don't interest me much if at all. That would mean money saved IF Takara hadn't done their Diaclone Reboot line. Takara done stole mah money!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

This question implies that I have a set goal in mind. I don't. I buy things that strike my fancy and sell them when I want a new shiny. As long as my brain releases that yummy dopamine, I'm good.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I have already slowed down dramatically because of things such as shitty distribution and the current lackluster toyline. The upcoming Cyberverse already has a decent looking Shockwave, so if there are more like him floating around that will be nice. I also intend to get the 2007 movie Autobot crew (sans Optimus), Stinger, Lockdown and Megatron from Studio Series.

After Power of the Primes? Well, as I said the current toyline is a huge factor in my disinterest, and I currently eye up other toy lines. It can go the way it is now, or I can like the new toyline and Transformers will once again be my #1 with no contest.

If it continues like now, it will probably be dinosaurs, customs, music and me waiting around for new toys from our vast library of obscure characters, as well as those of Hound, Arcee, Shockwave and Optimus.

If I like it, it might be madness or I might lose interest because of not being able to find anything and go back to music, dinosaurs and waiting for Shockwave.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Much like the OP, I'm running out of room. I am honing in on particular characters that I need to buy what I consider to be the "best" version of for my Decepticons, I recently picked up Masterpiece Soundwave and that narrows it down to Starscream and Thundercracker (I have MP-6 and still love him for some reason). I plan to get the MP Seekers if I can find them for a good deal, so long as nothing new is announced from Takara...if somebody makes a head kit for the Maketoys Meteor mold, I might do that, but only then. I also have the last three Terrorcons on pre-order, I think they will be the last of my main-line purchases for a while as I feel they are indicative of a last gasp in quality for a line that hasn't been impressing me since they started using stickers and cheaper feeling plastic. Still, love me the Terrorcons so far, they feel like a Takara release somehow.

For space reasons I have only collected Decepticons for years, but now that I'm close to wrapping up my cons I'm finally moving onto my Wreckers Saga characters and I have MMC's Spartan reissue on pre-order. I then plan to get MP Prowl and Transmetal Tarantulas before I move on to the other guys...I only have Generations Springer and he was my last Autobot purchase back when he first came out (though I received the CW Aerialbots as a gift). To bolster my Autobot ranks with what little space I have, I hope to get a few MP cars, particularly Wheeljack and Sideswipe.

As I go along with my more expensive purchases, I have been re-collecting the RTS/HFTD/etc. era of Transformers as I'm still in love with that brief era where we had that CHUG/movie hybrid aesthetic and most of them are still available for rather cheap, especially when compared with Prime Wars Trilogy aftermarket prices. I most recently picked up Terradive again and hope to get Space Case and Botcon Machine Wars Starscream soon.

Other than that, I plan to pick up some MMC releases, Botcon Clench if I can find him on ebay for a good deal, and maybe some WFC 19' figures if they improve upon what I felt was lacking about TR and PotP. I mean, if they do tetrajet seekers properly, that would hit me right in the nostalgia sweet spot. One can hope. I really wish Hasbro was better at telling us what and when we're going to get, but I'll grant them that the loss of TRU has made things difficult.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll stick with MPs.

9. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I've always cherry picked. There were Generations toys I skipped, there were MPs I've skipped, etc etc. (The only series I own 100% of is RiD2001, and that took way more work than it should have).

So I'm going to keep doing that. My Generations collection to this point is either characters I already love, people I need for a Lost Light display, or both, so that decision is going to be whittled down a bit because I'm probably hopping off the comics train unless I'm super impressed by the reboot. If the Targetmasters come out, sick, if I see any characters that I like better than their previous version and/or don't have I'll hop on it, but otherwise there's going to be figures I pass up just like I always have. Same with the MPs - I can skip the Beast Wars stuff, might get Cordon (and backfill some of the guys I have 3ps of but want to swap for the original like Inferno or Sunstreaker) and just buy what I like.

Really, I guess my habits aren't going to be changing that much, there just might be an increase in figures I pass on. It would take something really super drastic for me to stop collecting TFs altogether, and even at that point I could content myself by buying more MISB G2 or Car Robots guys since those are the ones I have the most nostalgia for anyway. I'm probably in it for life at this point, even if I don't buy like I used to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scrumblebee

scrumblebee decepticon airplane guy

Twitter:
    i'll see what WFC has to offer, and keep buying older figures

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I have no plans on stopping. I am very picky choosy about what I collect, and sort of sample lines here and there. I have some POTP, but the closest I've come to completion what's out is Studio Series and BW MPs.

I suppose whatever's next for me depends on whatever's next for Transformers.

12. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long haul for me, no pun intended

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Think I'm gonna focus on 3P's I like and maybe occasional Hastak figures that peak my interest.

14. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not quite sure. It depends.

There are certainly some characters that could use a major Generations update I'll buy. Obviously a Titan class Scorponok, a Voyager seeker mold done right, a new Ironhide that looks good... that sort of thing. And I'll always probably pick up Optimus.

But if for War For Cybertron, they make a new "Cybertron form" Superion Combiner? Or a new Chromedome or something? ehhh probably not. Thanks to CW/TR/PotP, we've largely filled out most of G1 reimagined, at least in some form. THe outstanding pieces are certainly outstanding, but when you're getting down to micromasters, you're running out of new character options. It's going to be very hard to replace my Legends Kup and Blurr, no matter what WFC has.

I think the likely approach is what I did with the Unicron Trilogy: the molds that REALLY resonate (i.e. the Takara Voyager Galaxy Force Starscream), but skip the filler.

Beyond the obvious updates to the missing characters, I think the only thing that could really make me buy as much as I have in the Prime Wars trilogy, is something completely different. Like a "cell shaded" mainline (Generations + Animated toy styling) or something.

I'm not at all "less" interested in Transformers. I just don't know where else to go. It's such an odd spot to be. One time we G1ers clung on to homages. Now we have everything we ever wanted and more.

15. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

4 years ago the reveal of Combiner Wars got me back into this with a fervor. I miss that excitement. At that time Thrilling 30 was in stores so it essentially started my modern era collection again and then kinda stopped with PotP. The toys are beautiful, but not in scale at all. To me I cannot get excited if I can't display my Transformers next to each either without it looking dumb.

So I lost a lot of interest and am anxiously waiting to see the reveals at SDCC. I do not want all Cybertron alt modes. If it is that then I could be out indefinitely, but I really hope there are some great things in there to be excited for when they hit stores.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't really have any plans. I just go for what interests me and skip on the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

op3.0 will be my last masterpiece and will see on the rest

18. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm secretly hoping there is nothing I want or need coming with War for Cybertron, and I can take a nice break.

At this point, TFs are the only thing I still actively collect. I've been priced out of every other line.

19. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Depends on the aesthetic of War for Cybertron. Might keep buying a bunch, might not. But the hope of micromasters keeps me optimistic.

20. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

I've only been collecting for a few months, kind of a weird time with POTP winding down, & a new line starting up, so I'm really anxious/excited about what's next. I'm not too into Cybertronian alt modes, so I might not even get anything.

As far as right now, looking to get Outback, Repugnus, & Counterpunch. After that, I'm thinking of getting into some G1.