What's next for Haslab?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TAAO, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Life sized Optimus Prime, only $50,000.

2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Nemesis or Metroplex. The problem with Unicron was the price. Sentinel and Razor Crest were significantly cheaper, and I'm not sure TF fandom was at its peak when it was offered. Be willing to bet if they had launched Unicron now it would have done much better.

Offer up a $250 Meteroplex or Nemesis, a slightly upscaled Titan with more play features and some extra tiers, and I'm willing to be it gets funded fast.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

Probably so, yeah. People will want it to go with their Ark.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd definitely get a Haslab Metroplex if it would have lots of play features and be cheaper than Unicron, hopefully with a few months downtime between announcement and end.

• Like Like x 2
  5. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

Transformers: Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, nemesis, maybe MAYBE some combiners but honestly I think they would do better at retail.

Others: sure there are more than a few ships from star wars that would fit well there. Vehicle for 6 inch GI Joe figures. Power Rangers is something I'm sure they could do but honestly I can't think of much that would be popular enough for Haslab but not so popular it wouldn't do better at retail, maybe a bigger PR fan could enlighten me?

6. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I would counter with a slightly smaller metroplex to scale with trypticon. Basically make it similar to the g1 toy except with additional articulation. You know, kind of like scorponok?

• Like Like x 1
  7. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that’s my feeling as well. But it’s also the whole timing that was just off with everything that was coming out. And who knows how different it would have been had Studio Series 86 been teased in some way.

I posted something about this sometime back already but - considering the economies of scale at work in retail - $250 through Haslab probably doesn’t buy you significantly more than a regular Titan. Which is fine, but not when the memory of $160 retail Titans is still fresh. You’d have to wait for the moment that retail Titans really are a thing of the past. At that point - after one more Haslab project and a few new Commanders - people will accept that $250 is the new norm for your - now slightly fancied up - Titan class Transformers. But it’d be less special than going all out with a $350 Haslab Metroplex. At $250 it’s likely gonna be stuck in limbo in terms of perceived value.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

[​IMG]
    I still want this. I actually think they could make this thing work in retail. I think it would be pretty easy if they played their cards right. Not that Takara is asking me for any ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    primus, i think they might extend the titan class one year more and do a new metroplex

10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

SS86 wasn't a thing when they did Unicron. It was supposed to be WFC3 until the next live action film was postponed and they moved some of the movie figures out of WFC3 into SS to shore up the line. Anyway, I just don't think as many fans were onboard at that point, and talking up a line 2 years down the road wouldn't have won many converts. What seems to have pulled fans back into Transformers were the actual TFC toys in conjunction with the corona virus keeping people home and cutting off regular ways to spend disposable cash.

11. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I would back a HasLab Nemesis to go with the Kingdom Ark-Bot as long as it was more economical than Unicron's $600 tag. I wouldn't have to have a huge detailed release, just something to complement the Ark. I couldn't justify the $600 for Unicron (it looked worth the price just couldn't bring myself to hit the back button and drop that much money) but for around $200-300 for a Nemesis, I could justify that a bit more with myself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. dragologer

Really? that's quite interesting info. where was the source?
    As for me, I would absolutely love a Primus. That would be at the top of my wanted list.
    Only because he would compliment Unicron so well. BUT...
    I really do think that the Nemesis makes the most sense as the next step for Haslab.
    Cheaper, more inline with things that will be in the market at the same timeframe
    and is honestly more Iconic. how many times do we really see Primus in media?
    once? twice? he's really only mentioned in passing most of the time and hasn't seen
    much development through all these years.
    though I just think that means Hasbro has even more license to give Primus more attention.
    Story wise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dragologer

14. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Me either. 600 was more than my mortgage payment on my house. Think hasbro learned from that one as it had to be extended to meet funding as opposed to sentinel, razorcrest, hero quest...all under 400 and easily met their demands usually in less than a week of listing. But with the popularity and demand right now hasbro should jump on a gi joe project. Make a detailed hiss tank and wolverine or armadillo or sky hawk vs fang and have them as a 2 pack at $250 or so. Theyd reach the million dollar backing or 50k orders for that because some would order 2 or 3.

15. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Wreck N' Rule

News Credits:
    I do remember that conversation coming up, specifically the part about the Razorcrest beating out the nemesis.

What that tells me is that these are basically pitch-offs between different teams that have to market themselves to upper management to get the go-ahead to begin with. Pitching the products based on selling factories like how the Sentinal is a trooper builder, The Mandalorian is super popular, and Unicron was in desperate need of an update and how all these items won't work at retail.

I also remember @Pixelmaster saying "The next TF Haslab won't be a beach ball".

16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love it if HasLab allowed Hasbro to give some attention to some of the smaller 80s brands they have the IP to that might not work at full retail. M.A.S.K. comes immediately to mind. An updated Thunderhawk vs. Switchblade set could be really great. A little larger scale with more detailed figures, maybe 3 and 3/4 inch. I'd pay a pretty penny for something like that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I almost wanna say this is most likely, but you’re buying into a full wave or two.

...please include ROM...

18. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Broadside don't @ me...

• Like Like x 1
  19. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Broadside for the TF Crowd, then repaintit into the USS FLAGG for the GI Joe Crowd.

Easy money?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

G1 micromasters 50 pack. Finish the subline

• Like Like x 2