What's everyone's favorite scale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scar04c, Oct 17, 2016.

?

What's your favorite scale?

1. CHUG/Traditional

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Masterpiece

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Legends/Legion

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. WST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was thinking about this the other day, because I finally started bringing Transformers to work with me to populate my desk. I sort of realized that, although Masterpiece is my favorite scale at home, Legends might be the one for me at work. This sort of puts CHUG in a weird place, because my collecting habits/addiction dictate that I should buy them, but where do they fit in?

So it got me thinking - what does everyone else like? Not just in a pure "that looks good" way (where most will say Masterpiece due to its accuracy), but with everything. Looks, price, collectability, whatever you consider.

I love how MPs are super accurate, and are just the perfect representation of the character, but I'm really digging how Legends scale stuff is not only A, cheap, but B, the only way we'll ever get an in-scale version of certain set-ups (like Metroplex).

Thoughts?

2. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

I stick with CHUG. No interest in MP. I only reach to leader class when it absolutely makes sense(CW Ultra Magnus, Generations Skyfire) and not when it doesn't (CW Megatron, Generations seekers).

That deluxe, voyager, and leader range allows good scaling in robot mode.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Tough question. CHUG has the most variety, so I might choose that.

I like MP scale, and the idea that characters are roughly in scale with each other, but the lineup is too limited without including expensive 3P, which I can't do more than maybe once a year. Ironically, MP is probably the scale I would have built my entire current collection around if Titans Return hadn't happened and reversed everything.

Legends has also been a great scale, since about DotM on. Some of the Cyberverse Commanders/better Legends figures have impressed me more than full sized counterparts.

4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Following proto

CHUG. I like a lot of the MP designs, but I feel like they're just a tad too big (also too expensive).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I quite like the slightly older pre-MP-10 scale of things like MP-9 Rodimus Convoy which fits really well with MakeToys Ironwill and Cupola.

Having said that, the main source of my enjoyment right now is Titans Return/Legends so...

1/60 Diaclone V2 scale is pretty wicked too :) 

All the best
    Maz

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    CHUG, I never cared for Masterpiece.

Legends, Deluxes, Voyager, and Leaders all at different size classes and price points making it so I can customize my CHUG shelf to my budget and preference in scale.

7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    *after reading first post*
    i'd say chug. i never got a masterpice figure due to cost, but i think legion is too small. i kinda include legends class in chug though....

*before reading first post*
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

MP grew on me after I bought a couple and then some. No hate for the rest. I do find legends fascinating since they do make Titan releases so much nicer.