What's a common gripe you got with figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arrogant Arachnid, Sep 8, 2020.

1. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

Faux ratchets that loosen the more you use them. IE:
    FOC Jazz
    T30 Bumblebee/Goldfire and Nightbeat

Figures coming without any weapons IE:
    The entire legends class in the Prime Wars Trilogy

Using clear plastic on joints IE:
    Potp Grimlock
    SS Car Dropkick

Loose Pins and pegs. The latter I can deal with because all it takes is a little glue or floor polish, the former I can't because I don't trust myself to do any of the solutions. Particularly the soldering iron one.

Toys having modes that flat out aren't addressed IE:
    The SS bike sisters being able to combine
    CW Bombshell's gun mode

Defective ball joints that don't stay on.
    Beast Hunters Lazerback
    T30 Bomber Megatron
    Generations 2011 Wheeljack

Designing figures to have their weapon be part of the vehicle mode, so if you lose that part the altmode is lost too.
    Animated Blurr
    FOC Shockwave

• Like Like x 1
  2. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus aka Biggerer Convoy

translucent plastic used for parts that'll require friction-- like the knees

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Super annoyed Mpm Starscream doesn't have bicep swivels or any type of waist swivel. Those should be standard on a $160 dollar figure. Do better Hasbro.

4. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

Folded-up robot under a hollow alt mode. The worst kind of shellformer where you can completely separate the robot and the alt-mode and have two unrelated toys. I'm looking at you, Siege Starscream, every current Arcee, so many others.

Similarly, basically every single jet mode ever where the underside of the jet is a huge ugly block of slightly-compressed robot. That, sadly, is like 90% of all jetformers in the entire franchise.

5. ickzer1

ickzer1 Well-Known Member

Hollow forearms and legs. It really cheapens the look and shits on a figures shelf presence.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I thought this was just my copy, the ball joints were horrible on mine too!
    Vertebreak seems to have it all fixed though

• Like Like x 1
  7. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I'm glad I didn't buy a second copy then.

8. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Modes (usually vehicles) poorly fitting together. Most Studio Series Deluxes have this to some extent due to being too intricate for their size/plastic quality.

9. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kind of varied, and probably pretty common ones:

(1) MPM. Does Hasbro / Takara have a clear understanding out of what they want out of the line? Because it seems like they don't. It's mystifying to me they go to all the trouble of to make MPM-04, and then outfit him with an "action figure paint job" rather than a paint job fitting the mold we got with the 4th Party LT-02. Then they did it again with MPM-8 Megatron... an incredible mold (and incredible price) sullied by an inaccuarate paint job. MPM-10 Starscream is incredible offensive on this front. The F-22 Raptor isn't exactly new anymore. There have been 10,000 toys and models made of the. Takara even got it more or less right with MPM-1 Starscream. So what gives with MPM-10's dark grey out lines and weird sickly-yellow paint job that seems to take after the desert light he was shown in in at the Hoover Dam scene, and not an actual F-22. I want to go get this MPM, now, but just like with MPM-4, i'm probably going to wait until a 4th Party fixes the paint job. Thing is, Hasbro could have gotten it right. It's pure choices, not number of colors. More or less the same with MPM-4. In both cases, they have $150 adult collectors toys they paint as inaccurately as $50 leaders. Crazy.

(2) Mini-clips. There are a few toys lately where Hasbro's ambition outpaced their ability to produce something in a factory with the tolerences needed. It probably worked great on the computer, and out of the 3d printer to prototype, but not out of the Vietnamese factory that injection molds tens of thousands of them. In a specific recent case, I'm refering to the connection for SS Leadfoot's guns and missiles. They're almost too small to reliably manufacture.

(3) Silver paint. I'm not sure Hasbro will ever crack the code for this one. I'm terrified of transforming SS Jazz, SS Sideswipe, SS 2007 Megatron and SS DOTM Soundwave because most transformers that have silver paint on them like that scuff super easily.

10. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They cost to much on ebay

• Like Like x 1