What you would've done to the campaign

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autoboticon, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

What three big changes would you have done to the campaign or if you could, what 3 levels would you have put into the campaign.

For me it would be after Bumblebees blackout, change it to him being sent on a mission to Megatrons citadel for recon, this could include the concept of him swimming through Sharkticon infested pools as the art book suggested and him spying on all the decepticons from WFC DLC and FOC multiplayer, finding the plans to the warp cannon attack, being found by Thundercacker and Skywarp, then being chased back to Autobot city just as it starts.

Swindle having a longer and more of his own level instead of Swindle/Bruticus, with than Bruticus having his own level with him facing off with Broadside who was suppose to be the transport as shown in the concept, making it a boss fight.

Lastly, Grimlock level starting from them hijacking the ship, crashing, fighting the Insecticons and then being captured, each Dinobot playable too.

What about you guys or are you just going to say that this is pointless, the game sucks anyways etc.

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I'd love some more Combaticon levels. Probably a chase mission involving Blast Off like going after the transport or something. A Shockwave mission would have be nice too. Even some Insection levels would be nice. There are a lot of things that could have been added.

3. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

-Mission with Shockwave escaping the dinobots (who are looking for the unconcious Grimlock.) to find and attach his new arm.
    -Mission with Dinobots trying to track down and kill Shockwave, culminating in a bossbattle where Shockwave(with his new cannon) battles against the Dinobots with the help of his injured insecticons. Playable from both sides, like chap. 13.
    -Mission with the Insecticons trying to recover Bruticus' remains in order to repair him. Ending in a boss battle between Grimlock and Bruticus.

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    A multiple choice ending, Choose to play the final chapter as Megatron, get the ending that has the Decepticon's victorious, play as Optimus, Autobots win, And Megatrons ending would tie into Prime's storyline, meaning that the show is an alternate timeline to the games, and Optimus' ending, would lead to whatever Highmoon want to do.

5. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Make the characters from WFC playable, make the shorter levels longer, and add some damn boss battles.

6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    add the Protectobots and more Combaticon levels.

here's what i'm thinking: have the Combaticon part of the campaign split into multiple parts where you can choose who to play as.

Onslaught/Brawl level: as Vortex and BO leave, the place Onslaught and Brawl are at gets attacked by Hot Spot and some Autobots and Brawl gets knocked out while Onslaught and Hot Spot fight. afterwards, the two get in the dropship and while Onslaught's flying, you play as Brawl and keep the Autobots from getting to Onslaught. this means shooting down flyers and blasting troops that try to board the ship using the turret on top.

Blast Off: fly through the ruins with Vortex and eventually break away to chase the carrier. and maybe after flying Swindle to his objective, you could land on the carrier and try to take down some of the guns internally. this would mean disguising yourself and infiltrating the carrier.

Swindle: grapple through the canyon dealing with Autobot scouts. but you have to be stealthy and either snipe or assassinate without anyone else seeing you. then you play his already made level.

Vortex: after doing what's already in the game, you assist Blast Off in destroying some of the guns but from the air.

as for Bruticus: basically the same thing only the Protectobots stop you before you can get to the control center so you must fight Defensor. then in the last level, you play as Defensor instead of Bruticus. when you play as Defensor, blades fires rockets out of his chopper gun like Vortex and First Aid creates a large blue shield similar to how Grimlock's works

so basically you get to choose your level six character which determines your level seven character

7. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Selectable Characters, like WFC. Even WITHOUT Co-Op, it would have worked very well for the game.

Also only having the Dinobots, after all that build up, be in exactly one level, was really dumb. The game needed to be about double its size. Not because more = better, but because what they had didn't do justice to its potential.

That said the Ark vs Nemesis level was amazing.

8. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    More Grimlock and/or other Dinobot levels. Lose the 'horde mode' bit where Soundwave is powering up Trypticon. (I hated that bit back when I did it in WFC waiting on Ratchet to power up Omega Supreme)

More Cliffjumper stealthy levels. For me, these were the suprise highlight of the game. I loved how you could focus almost entirely on stealth, or go the combat route. It did a lot to feel like I was more in control of how I played the game rather than being forced into 'blast everything between you and the exit' mode. I wouldve quite happily played the whole game as Cliffjumper under those terms. I was disappointed when it turned out to be only one level.

I quite liked Jazz's grapple also as it again changed the gameplay. I'd have liked to have seen more of that.

9. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

I'd like to go into the game with three characters. Throughout the level you interchange the d00d you're using for any given situation. Essentially, you would need to pick the right member of your team to solve the situation and trigger a way for the rest of your team to advance. Kinda like those Lego video games.

10. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I thought the campaign was great in general.

Although I would have preferred to be a bit lengthier, and I wanted a mission showing Bumblebee losing his voice box.

11. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Autobot

Replace using Optimus in the Metroplex level with either Metroplex, Warpath, Or Ironhide

Combine Grimlocks half of SC Betrayal with his actual level

Decepticon

Make the Combaticons level in one, each character get's a sub-level, switching in and out.

Give the 3 replacement spots to FULL Soundwave, Shockwave, and Seekers levels.

Make the Starscream level FULL

Oh and Co-op

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three big changes?
    1. Make sure that everything stops clipping itself
    2. Make sure that the sound actually syncs correctly
    3. Put Megatron's and Optimus' WFC bodies in the MP customization

As for new levels...
    1. Play as Metroplex defending the city
    2. *Light bulb* Play as Rumble or Laserbeak sneaking around, collecting parts for Megatron, or find a way to do it with Soundwave because it would be awesome to sneak around, turning into a lamppost to disguise.
    3. Play as Grimlock/Sludge? under attack by Shockwave before being experimented on.

I really think it would have been cool to have a stealth mission like I said. I always find it extra fun to sneak around and disguise as stuff, like being Soundwave and turning into a lamppost, or a boombox, etc. as well as being super small and sneaking around, like playing as Rumble or Frenzy. I wouldn't like Laserbeak as much, because we had that in DOTM, and it just doesn't seem as fun to me as a ground-based disguise-stealth mission would be.
    My idea of a good stealth mission would be playing as Rumble under orders to collect parts for Megatron, hiding under terminals and the like, crawling through Rumble-sized vents (Think like when he got Megatron's head in "Megatron Returns", imagine playing as Rumble for that) and smashing the scrap out of all who see Rumble's attempt to carry out a mission that would surely anger Starscream.