What would you "Regenerate?"

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bumblemus Prime, Nov 4, 2016.

?

If you could get a Regeneration 1-style comic for any TF continuity, which would you choose? 2 maxim

1. Original US animated series

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Dreamwave Unicron Trilogy

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. TF Animated cartoon

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
  4. Generation 2 comic

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. Simon Furman's original plan for Revelation

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. Dreamwave G1 series

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  7. The War Within vol. 3 & beyond

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

The same way X-Men Forever touched off a number of "Forever" series for Marvel, which "Regeneration" would you choose? As much as I love G2, I think Simon Furman's closed that book, unless a different author wants to jump on it. So I'd go with Animated. Lots of interesting stuff was coming up for Season 4 there.

2. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

The Dreamwave stuff, for me.

Of the series listed that I followed, those were the ones that were left hanging due to well known reasons.

(mostly I just want to see those versions of Jetfire and Sunstorm return :) )

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reask

Reask Predacon

Too many good choices there, as much as I'd love to see Simon Furman's original post Revelation plan, that ship sailed a long time ago, same with Generation 2.

I'm reading The War Within for the first time now and I'm liking it so I'll no doubt wish it continued after reading the final issue. And I loved the Armada comics, much better than the cartoon so I'll be reading Energon too soon. It sounded like it got cancelled when it was just getting great. I would have loved to see Simon continued on with Cybertron to see what his version of Vector Prime would have been like. So, those two.

I don't think there's much left for the Sunbrow continuity to tell to be connected to Beast Wars, and I know people would love a continuation of Animated, I certainly would, but I wanted to choose the least obvious.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    G2 is the only one i care to see, but i would want someone to make a better version.
    The original was far too Starscream-OP-Megatron centric.
    And the BW cartoon. THAT would be interesting.
    What would also be interesting is a regeneration of DW G1 that takes of from where the original stopped and ignores all the previous DW G1 arcs.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Put me down for Furman's Revelations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I've never hit Animated so hard in my life. But actually yeah, Furman's plans past Revelation would have been cool too.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Animated and G2 comic. I know about Alignment, but I wouldn't mind seeing it illustrated.

8. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd ReAnimate Animated so hard.
    Otherwise Regener- ations. Most of the others mesh with the word Regeneration well enough :p .
    Seriously though, I've wanted both of those for a long time. I want to answer Sunbow, but either you write something consistently good or you accurately portray the quality of the show. Either way, you don't even have any returning voice actors to give some charm to R.E.B.O.T.E.R.A.T.I.O.N (I can't stop :eek: ).
    Since I won't shut up I'll mention I'd go with Regeneration 2 if either of the other two already existed. I just want more Jhiaxus.

9. DeletedUser_106492

DeletedUser_106492 Well-Known Member

All I`ll say people is be careful what you wish for,example is RG1, many fans wanted a continuation of the marvel comic and got RG1 and a lot of people were disappointed with the end results,so enjoy the old marvel comic and G2,the original cartoon,dreamwave for what it was.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I want more Hearts of Steel. And some toys to go with it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I wish I could vote 4. Then I'd vote us cartoon, animated cartoon, revelation and war within. But having only 2 I chose animated and revelation.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Obviously Animated Season 4.

another thing is re-do Prime but follow the original plot idea where the Star Seekers were the 3rd season and all the plot lines have a more satisfying conclusion instead of being dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Ha; I created this partially just to upvote Animated. Shoot, is IDW listening?

14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I have no idea. Someone make them an account and point them to this thread :lol  :D 

15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

TFA 4th season but only if it's strictly based on ideas for dropped show.

After RG1 I'd rather not see anything being continued in the same quality. :X

• Like Like x 1
  16. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    As a Beast Wars fan, the Beast Wars/Beast Machines and IDW Beast Wars comics. I'd love to see what happened to all the non-show/non-American toy characters. The Ascending did leave a lot of plot holes open and characters left in the lurch. Some were left stranded in pre-historic Earth, phased out sync with everything else. While others were left to mop up after Shockaract on Cybertron, with Megatron arriving to kick off the Beast Machines. I'd love to see a continuation of those comics that show if/how the stranded Maximals and Predacons get back. How Megatron manages to conquer Cybertron all on his lonesome, especially with the likes of Big and Lio there to stop him. And eventually, what happened post-Beast Machines? Was everybody cool with their new techno-organic life or was there some who wanted to go back to the way things were before?

I know there was some Universe fiction that touched on this, but most of that being convention fiction, I take the validity of those to be dubious at best or fan-wank garbage at worst. Maybe Cybertron was reformatted, but it's moons were not. And the moons are where the surviving Decepticons and their Predacon descendants live in psedo-exile. So they offer those who want to change back to G1/non-organic Autobot/Decepticon/Maximal/Predacon bodies, but secretly they're all implanted with a shell program that will eventually turns them all into Decepticons/Predacons. And who's behind it? None other than the original G1 Megatron. Yes, G1 Megatron, not Galvatron. Turns out the Megatron that was turned into Galvatron was actually a clone and the real Megatron was in hiding. Biding his time sowing the seeds for his chance to utterly and completely conquer not only Cybertron, but the whole universe. Everything that that happened, Cryotech, BW Megatron, were all his invention. Pawns that grew more ambitious than intended. But now is the time for Megatron to finally fulfill his master plan. But in the 11th hour, oh shit, remember that whole thing with Shockaract being the new vessel for Unicron? Well, turns out Unicron came back anyways and now he's going to fuck everybodies shit if all the factions don't stand together against him. See? I can write shitty fan-wanky bullshit too.

But other than a Beast Wars comic, I guess Animated. They can call it "Transformers: Re-Animated". Get it? Because that's what you do when bring something back to life. And it's a combination of "Regeneration" and "Animated". Although it's not actually animated.

17. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

TF Prime's original Season 3.

the Transformers/G.I. Joe: Divided Front could have been interesting as well.

18. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I chose the original animated series and the G2 comic.

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Transtech

20. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I'd happily read a g1 comic of any variety,. We've already had multiple interpretations of that.
    An actual continuation of the g1 show I would love if it had the voice talent - without that - meh.

So option two ore War Within.
    Which would really only work if it focuses on different characters, as it was written as a shirt story emphasising certain qualities of the main characters.
    So a new series imo would make sense with different characters, the others can be in the background etc, but a repeat of what has already been done would be boring.
    For a prequel give me more grimlock in crazy life and death battles for ten issues please