What Would You Rate The First 3 Movies /10?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DOTMPrime, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    - 07 Movie: 4.5/10. I don't really get anything with that movie, it just seems bland.

- ROTF: 3/10. Was very sad and disappointed after watching it shove stupidity and Devastators balls for basically 2 hours

- DOTM: 9/10. Seemed really really good, especially after seeing ROTF. Loved Sentinel, the Wreckers (even though they werent in that much), had that epic final battle theme.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

TF '07: 6/10
    ROTF: 2/10
    DOTM: 5/10

3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Remember, Michael Bay didn't really have a SCRIPT for TF2. Just an outline and later on Kruger scabbed to try and slap it together in post.

So, the man freestyled a blockbuster. Freestyled. Blockbuster.

Imagine him taking wide shots of forests and deserts loaded with TNT. Muttering, yup now now, hmmmmm, Optimus will rip off Starscream's arm and beat him with it, then he'll hook the big ones face....

*later on in production*

John! JOHN !

Yes Mr Bay?

*John Turturro stands with a confused glaze on his face, ATOP THE GREAT PYRAMID*

Alright, now hunch over and hiss into the radio: I am directly beneath the enemy scrotum!

*John Turturro looks around. He had just earlier that day been moved to tears by his film career bringing him to his ancestral motherland. There are no robots, of course. There's also no script. Just him, Michael Bay, a camera, a prop walkie talkie, and one of the greatest wonders of the ancient world. This can't be right. He must have misheard him*

Uhh what was that, boss?

Don't make me repeat myself.....I AM. DIRECTLY BELOW. THE. ENEMY. SKKKCCHROOTUM!

*And for the second time that day, tears stream down John Turturro's face*

He's a madman! Who could stop this absolute madman?

I wholeheartedly believe that Shia, Megan, and John's scene with Jetfire was at first a REAL COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN between Bay and his team regarding the movie.

WHY ARE WE IN EGYPT?!

BEGINNING MIDDLE END! PLOT! DETAILS! CONDENSE!

Unknown to the actors, Bay filmed the whole debacle while he sat upon a great stone, listening to the woes of his wards. He had ILM replace him with a gigantic senile robot who farts parachutes in post.

Now, John, put on these special undies. I've got a real surpise for the kids at home....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    TF1: 7.5/10
    RoTF: 3/10
    DoTM: 7/10

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    2007 - 6.5/10

It's definitely the most solid movie of the bunch, and it holds up decently well. I don't think I can fairly give it a 7, but it's a pretty good action/adventure movie.

ROTF - 5/10

The first half (give or take) is very rough, but I enjoy it once the adventure gets going (around the time they find Simmons). It's a playful movie. I think it has a lot of fun designs and concepts (like Devastator), and I like the setting. It's actually the only movie in the series where the globe-trotting aspects really works for me, and feels earned. But it's definitely brought down by the clunky start and the excessive juvenile humor (and a rather lame villain).

DOTM - 4.5/10(?)

I kind of hate to give it such a low score (it might actually be the lowest score I've given any movie on this site), but I just find this movie kind of boring. I don't think the 'dark' tone was really appropriate for Transformers. It just doesn't feel earned here. I'm not talking about dark moments (like Laserbeak, I'm all for that stuff) as much as I'm just taking about the overall 'serious business' tone. I don't want to take Transformers this seriously. ROTF's playfulness and sense of adventure is missing here. Shia is at his most annoying. Sam's job-hunting is arguably less-watchable than the college potion of ROTF. DOTM did improve the humor and the villain, but at the end of the day I just don't want to watch it again, and that's a huge factor in how I judge a movie.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    TF ‘07 - 7/10
    RotF - 8/10
    DotM - 9/10

Overall: 8/10

• Like Like x 3
  7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    That's how I'd rate them too.

• Like Like x 5
  8. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I don’t know what some of you guys are smoking.

TF (original): 5/10
    ROTF: 2/10
    DOTM: 3/10

The first one is the only decent live action movie, period (edit: except BB, of course, which is a solid seven). Honestly ROTF deserves a 1/10, but there has to be somewhere to put movies 4 and 5.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    TF 2007: 6/10 - Decent story and acting. Heartwarming with pretty good humor. It's the only one I find myself occasionally rewatching.
    RotF: 3/10 - Terrible, terrible movie.
    DotM: 4.5/10 - Movie had some cool ideas and concepts but ends up being a bit of a drag overall.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hthrun

Ebay:
    I agree with these and will add my other rankings.
    AoE: 8.5 A lot of Transformer interaction. Lockdown and Kelsey Grammars characters were great. Low crude humor.
    TLK: 6.0 Watched the first half the other day. I enjoyed it until the junkyard scene. Had potential until Cogman showed up. He was annoying and the traveling around Europe dragged...
    BB: 5.5 No crude humor, which was much appreciated, and had a lot of transformations. But it was too much ETeen drama for me.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    0/10 NOT ENOUGH JOLT

• Like Like x 1
  12. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

TF 2007-710-Not the most interesting, but pretty good. Fun to watch at least.

RotF-4/10-More like Humans: Revenge of the Fallen amirite?

DotM-8/10-Definitely not a masterpiece, but it was an improvement over the previous films.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    TF1 - 5/10. Big dumb fun that’s a lot better now with nostalgia glasses for sure.
    ROTF - 2/10. Horrendously unfunny and juvenile and even dumber than the original. At least it tried.
    DOTM - 6/10. Still not very good but my favorite of the films. Sentinel is great. Still some dumb AF moments and could’ve been a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

They all deserve a 4/10 at best, I have NEVER seen a movie or a series where characters are thrown around like tissue objects with zero closures or arcs.

Bay and his team really has the worst intellect of how developing characters works.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Whisper

Whisper Well-Known Member

As a kid:
    2007: 10/10
    ROTF: 9/10
    DOTM: 7/10 (You could tell I got older at this point, wasn't terrible but it was around here where I dropped off the transformers train)

As an adult:
    2007: 7/10
    Without the nostalgia factor and the fact that it's one of my favorite franchises, it's just an average movie. Nothing spectacular but this movie is when the bayhem was at it's lowest if you ask me. Some people have mentioned that this was more of a 'Friday night popcorn flick' with the Transformers brand logo slapped on top of that, and I can definitely see where that's coming from. Still, this movie does have a foundation and some form of cohesion, so it's not totally awful. The score was also fantastic in this movie, let's be honest here.
    ROTF: 3/10
    Some "cool mom!" moments like Prime's revival and combination, sideswipe and the constructicons' designs and the forest fight were cool, but if we're being honest this was far from the mark. As a kid, most things went over my head, but re-watching it almost a decade later and suddenly there's so many qualities I just can't overlook.
    DOTM: 5/10
    Not a great movie by any means, but it was at least better than ROTF due to having actual cohesion and character development for Sam (I know there wasn't any for the transformers themselves, but hey baby steps people). The plot idea for Sentinel Prime's betrayal and the undercover Decepticon plot had some good foundations, but it was unfortunately executed in a not-so-great manner.

I might also add some extra opinions for the other movies in a spoiler tag below, since it's somewhat off-topic:
    AoE: 3/10
    A dip back in the ROTF level of quality. Bayhems are almost at its peak, and while I loved how character interaction finally became a thing, it was executed oh so poorly. Also all the dinobot marketing really backfired when you basically had to slog through 2 hours of movie just to get to the part with glorified ponies. This was also the point where the designs took a turn for the worse.
    TLK: 1/10
    So uh. Yeah. There's like one redeeming quality in this movie for me, and that was Megatron being cool looking and acting like Megatron and whatnot. I think that's all the good I can say so I'll just leave it at that.
    Bumblebee: 5/10
    Okay so I know people really loved this movie, but I didn't. I was genuinely excited from all the hype and positive feedback surrounding the film, and I was thoroughly disappointed when I finally saw it. In comparison to the stuff we got before it wasn't so bad, but I still wouldn't call it "great". Most of the issues I have with the 2007 movie are present in this movie, and it's smaller scale makes the movie look much weaker in comparison. Though giving credit where it's due, I really respected how much love and care was put into the movie, as it really showed. I just think this movie was heavily overrated.

Also a friendly a reminder that this is just my opinion.
    I think this is the most painful aspect of DOTM, as you could tell that the movie had a LOT of potential that just got swept under the rug. A bit of a shame if you ask me, but I still like the designs at least!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2007: 6/10
    ROTF: 3/10
    DOTM: 6/10

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

07 movie: 09/10. Despite certain robot designs, I loved this movie. I was almost moved to tears by the music during the Autobots' arrival. The film was genuinely funny, not forced like the sequels. Anthony Anderson was hilarious as were Sam's parents. Simmons was the only bad thing. The start of the goofy humour in the movies.

ROTF: 02/10. I almost quit the franchise after I saw it. Leo was so excruciatingly annoying, he made Simmons likeable in comparison. I didn't mind the Twins as characters but those heads, Ugh!! The Arcee triplets were cool and deserved the spotlight.

DOTM: 08/10. I love Sentinel Prime. Leonard Nimoy's performance surpassed even Cullen's Optimus. Points lost for the awful Brains and Wheeljack's Einstein look though I liked his voice and found his death moving. Oh and the job search and overly long soldiers running through the buildings. I should remove more points for those but I just liked Sentinel that much and I normally hate facial hair on Transformers. Mikaela was more likeable than Carly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. hthrun

Ebay:
    Another reason for lower scores over time may be due to more movies with such good CGI effects coming out since. Back when the original trilogy came out there weren't many other movies like that, but now we've had all the Marvel movies...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    2007: 6/10 - the best of the Bay films, which isn't saying much. There are some things that really bug me, but there's also a some things to like about it. Over all I can say I liked it enough that I'm willing to watch again if there's nothing on

RotF: 2/10 - It's Revenge of the fucking Fallen

DotM: 4/10 - It's a step up from the RotM, but that's not hard to do, and it's still not a good movie

• Like Like x 1
  20. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist BAY-TALITY

TransFormers: 9/10 The best of the 1st trilogy. It's CGI still holds up to this day.
    It has some funny moments and feels like the franchise grew up alongside You.
    Rewatch Value: I might've worn out the DVD a little

RotF: 7/10 A decent overall film. My fave scene are still the Shanghai battle and Megatron's Revival
    least favorite scene being the desert battle (which went on way too long) and not enough Soundwave.
    It felt like the middle part of a bigger whole (which IS the Trilogy)
    Rewatch Value: Only a couple times here and there. (still can't unsee Dev's Balls or Tuturro's crotch)
    the twins are still annoying but funny... fite me!!!

DotM: 8/10 More Soundwave screentime (even though He gets what He deserves for killing a helpless oldman bot)
    PRIME HAS HIS TRAILER!!! (and yeah.. I know it's actually Jetfire and the most morbid way of having them combine)
    Sentinel was an interesting villain. (although I still wish it was Shockwave who got the "Darth Maul Treatment")
    Rewatch Value: a couple more times than RotF but not as much as the 1st one.

as an added bonus
    Bumblebee: 10/10 for basically BEING "G1 in LIVE ACTION!!!"
    Rewatch Value: I've only seen it a couple of times so far (because I don't wanna wear out the DVD)
    but that might grow to near the amount of times as the 1st one

• Like Like x 2