What Would you like to see in the future

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xandrolars, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Xandrolars

Xandrolars Deceptacon's rule

For me, I would love to see an official Cartoon/toy line set in the Shattered Glass continuity. We all know it exists, yet to me it has been a missed opportunity. It would be a cool way of reinvigorating the franchise, turning the whole storyline on its head.

What would you guys like to see in the future?

• Like Like x 6
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Animated season 4.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Ditto. We deserve this. We should ask Isenberg and Siebenaler about this at TFCon. I still don’t think it’s a coincidence.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom I'm Sarah in The Allspark.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what isn't a coincidence?

5. Blam320

News Credits:
    Eric Seibenaler, Derrick Wyatt, Marty Isenberg, Bill Forster and Jim Sorenson are all attending this year's TFCon, and are hosting special panels. The former 3 are doing an Animated panel Saturday, while the latter two are hosting a panel about Transformers production art on Sunday.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  6. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

A cartoon story arc set in a Shattered Glass universe.

Animated season 4.

A storyline in any medium where an evil Prime leads the Autobots in an invasion of Earth and Optimus leads a revolution in protest.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Shauntell HOlm

Shauntell HOlm Active Member

I'm not sure what to say here or how to introduce myself, but I am a newcomer here.
    For myself, I do NOT want anything Shattered Glass related. I am a stickler for the classic hero Autobots and bad buy Decepticons. But if I could choose . . . I would say a bigger back story for Transformers Prime. The accompanying Covenant of Primus, the novels Exiles, Exodus and Retribution were all supposed to link together but they never did. I never enjoyed the Machinima shorts and I would have loved to see Optimus's back story as the 13th Prime. That poor Continuity got ripped so bad.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Welcome!

And yeah, Aligned got shafted hard.

9. Blam320

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards!

As for linking everything together, that's why it's called "Aligned:" they share a lot of elements, such as OP being the 13th Prime reincarnated, Orion Pax being an archivist and friends with a revolutionary Megatron pre-war, and et cetera, yet they only really work together as a cohesive universe if you squint.

Actually, the old War for Cybertron series of games was supposed to be the backstory, but that didn't work out either.

10. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

A show like tfp but this time more focused around the Decepticons, set in the normal tf universe, maybe even aligned continuity. with awesome characters like Makeshift as main characters :) 

11. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another show in the lines of Beast wars animation.

12. Blam320

News Credits:
    Beast Wars animation is primitive by today's standards...

13. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Maybe with a serious tone animation could work.

14. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

I want to see a Transformers cartoon targeted towards teenagers and adults, with a darker, more serious tone than previous installments, but not without lighter, more comedic moments here and there (basically the same thing Prime, the High Moon games, and to some extent the Bayformers films tried to give us). I want well-developed characters (distinct personalities, well-thought-out backstories, motivations, personal stakes in the conflict, how they feel about said conflict, how they feel about each other, how they spend their free time, etc.), ongoing story and character arcs (at least some of which should also serve to set up future arcs), more world-building when it comes to Cybertron (what it was like before the war, why and how the war even began, how the war effects the planet and its inhabitants, etc.), intense violence (though only when neccessary), strong (but not excessive) language, and lastly, a large cast of characters, including ones who rarely or never get any time to shine in most media. Characters like Elita One, Kup, Springer, Sunstreaker, the G1 Predacons, the Shattered Glass Autobots and Decepticons (they may have their own comic book series, but when have you ever seen them in a cartoon?), and the playable cast of the cancelled Universe game, just to name a few.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

It will probably never happen, but I'd love to see a mostly hand drawn 2D TF show with a serious budget and even more serious talent behind it, ideally with lots of sakuga moments and frame-to-frame animation instead of relying too much on tweening. I mean, it could be made with flash, but it should be the good looking kind of flash animation, like Motorcity or Wakfu.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  16. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

Prime season 4

But I would like to see another 2D animated show. Because the last 2D animated show came out over 10 years ago. I thought Cyberverse was gonna be done digitally 2D, sadly it wasn't. I think the show would of been better if they used digital animation.

I wanna see a Transformers show that features a large cast like G1. I think it will be a good idea to shift the spotlight on characters who haven't appeared in a Transformers cartoon yet. Yeah the main characters will be Optimus and Bumblebee, but it features a far more larger roster all in one place spanning 35 years across the franchise. Let's be honest, do you think we'll ever see Nightbeat used prominently in a Transformers cartoon? It can have 50 characters, and they will all be memorable. Totally an idea that is more than meets the eye.

Also Direct-to-video movies on IDW's comics. DC seems to be the only company doing this, and they are getting widespread attention. Other companies can definitely profit off of this. Marvel used to do it, but stopped. I think IDW could profit off of this too. Their books feature good story telling and characters. It will be a great alternative as opposed to reading their books. Imagine Infiltration, Stormbringer, and All Hail Megatron beautifully animated and faithful to their original visions. If they could make a Direct-To-Video film on anything I think the Spotlights can work. 10-15 minute short stories, packed into one. Imagine Revolution as a 1 hour movie, that'll be so cool. Spotlight: Shockwave, Soundwave, Grimlock, and Maximum Dinobots as one movie!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    My thoughts quoted from an older thread. I go into more specifics than the OP probably intended for a response here though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blam320

News Credits:
    Do you mean animation in general? Because you said "in the style of Beast Wars animation," which I interpreted to mean the CGI technology they used, which is obsolete.

19. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Yes, the animation general.

20. Blam320

News Credits:
    Animation in general. I don’t know of many Animation Generals ;) 

• Like Like x 3