What would you change about any show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Heavy Unit, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's blasphemy, I know, but if I could change anything in G1, it would be making the four MILLION years something more reasonable, like maybe four thousand... Or four hundred. I actually like how the Netflix shows did this with a time portal.

Obviously robots don't age like humans, but the idea that in four MILLION years, the status quo on Cybertron barely changed at all is just silly. I think the comics introduced the idea of a great shutdown, which makes some sense, but still. Shockwave accomplished next to NOTHING but he's still in charge?! And the bots aboard the ark didn't dissolve into molecules in the volcano in all that time?!

Also, if anyone isn't reading/listening to the transformersreanimated.com podcast, they're doing G1 season 2.5 and it's MIRACULOUS!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I don’t have much issue with the 4 million years of Being inactive on earth after the crash……I have a greater issue with the fact that it seems that they been fighting the Civil War for over 9 million years

But I wouldn’t have expected the arc to dissolve……For one the volcano wasn’t exactly active and I’m sure the ship was built tough

And I agree that shockwave should’ve gotten more accomplished
    I’ll see if I can find it

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Refletor3

Refletor3 Well-Known Member

I have no objections. I think that fits in well.

That's fine way to put it.

Okay. Good.

Do you actually think people can create genes? Proteins? Chromosomes? To my knowledge no human has such ability. What can be done is cloning such things.
    If humans had such ability, then these individuals could actually create people. (Without sex between a male and female; without sex cells; without pregnancy

I know humans also have ability to grow embryos in test tubes too. But growing or breeding any animal or plant is very different from creating an animal or plant.

How the heck could some create such small and complex things? (DNA)

At the very most, humans mapped it out and have a blueprint of its structures and what it's made out of. Do you think anyone can create DNA?

It's a bad analogy that does not really compare in my opinion. To reduce life to mere music? But I bet there are plenty of madmen who see people's words and anything physical as merely a song of an artist.

Okay. Interesting comparison. I think it's just the actions of a hunter or predator. (Who stalks prey and gathers usefull information.)

The human imputed a number into the security system. Reflector got that number. How is the numbers a product and yet also an idea?

So lets see if I understand you correctly: you feel that the number while inside the humans head is an idea. But...once the human puts the numbers in the computer security system, the numbers are called products.

Is that right?

Yes. But by your logic, if it's in the mind it's an idea. It seems once Soundwave extracted the formula from the human, it is now a product.

This is dealing with logic. Soundwave extracted an idea? Or is it a product?

Because remember: once the idea leaves the mind, the idea is apparently a product by your logic.

Therefore, one may say that Soundwave created a product, by extracting ideas from the human....(according to your own logic).

transformerss1e5-01.jpg

As Megatron said: (I quote)...
    "Arrogant flesh creature....did you really think that you could hide the anti-matter formula inside your primitive brain?"

My conclusion: Soundwave extracted the idea from the humans brains, just as if extracting it from a computer. (I see no reason to call ideas products just because they leave the brain). That disk chip destroyed was a product that contained ideas in electronic form that can be displayed on a computer screen. But a disk, a book, or a brain all contain ideas. This is the logical conclusion.

4. Refletor3

Good point.

Oh wow I love this kind of thing. I will definitely be looking at this!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Primeultra

Kool
    Of course we do our bodies do this every day

humans have had such abilities since day one of our Existence

The word “Creating” It’s not a word that is exclusively used for something artificial or for something done by artificial means
    our bodies create all sorts of chemicals on a daily basis, and through sex children are created by mixing and blending the DNA is provided from both their parents

Yes
    Your body is a factory, it produces and creates all sorts of chemicals Nucleotides proteins.....And far far more than I could ever imagine I can put on this page
    Maybe it is a bad analogy but seeing as I cannot create music of any kind I don’t think I’m in a position to make a judgment
    Interesting
    It was no longer an idea the minute they created the computer code
    In short that is the process, but it’s a bit more complicated than that since what a computer program for the code has to be written, The keypad device has to be created/built
    No you’re misunderstanding

The formula was already a product, It was a product that Chip memorized And that information was extracted by soundwave

But none of that was an idea of Chips mind.....The formula was a product created by others

On the other hand I’m sure chip had enough ideas of his own that soundwave could have extracted

Soundwave said he extracted The formula and the formula is a product
    You’re still confusing certain details

Remember the formula was given to Chip on a Floppy disk by the people at that research center.

The formula was not Chips idea, It was something created by other people and he was simply given the information For reasons that I do not believe were discussed in the episode

The formula was already a product of someone else’s idea

Chip memorize the formula in hopes of keeping it from the Deceptacon’s, But son we was able to extract that information from his mind
    Exactly

The formula was already a product

conclusion: Soundwave extracted the information that was created by other people
    In other words he extracted a recipe for a cheesecake

That’s far from taking ideas

Outside of the concepts of science fiction and the super powers of reading a persons mind there’s really only one way for an idea to exit the mind

And that’s to either share it with others by either saying it verbally, Or recording the idea down by writing it down or some other way to record information

But either way once you have done that you have created a product that now other people can examine

Putting an idea into words creates a product from your idea because you have now brought it into the real world by either putting it on paper or a computer disk or by even verbally Describing it

6. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    In the original (1984) story/pitch I'd have the robots only getting the ability to transform into things when they are reactivated on earth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's completely INSANE, they couldn't call it Transformers, and I'm 100% into it, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

One thing I'd love to see is some more varied theme music for G1. I love the existing soundtrack with all the power of nostalgia, but watching a bunch of episodes in a row, it gets real repetitive, real fast. Would love to see G1 remastered with some strong character themes for the secondary characters. Get Vince DiCola in there, doing "less-futury" versions of the movie themes!

8. Refletor3

Create: bring (something) into existence.

Or: to cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions.

I would not call growing ones fingernails, hair, or aging, an act of creation. People grow automatically. No one created the genes which determines the program of life which causes growth.

I think our bodies produce chemicals but no one created those chemicals.

The body... full of millions of cells and trillions of genes are not one person who created these things.

My logic is in conflict with this thinking. Fo me: ideas are themselves products created by people. People are not spiritual ideas.
    For me computer codes are ideas that have been translated and transferred into external physical things. (In this case: from the brain into computer memory found in a disk or hard drive).

In my opinion, it's just an idea being constantly transferred: from mind to disk....and then to a mind of the human named chip...then unto Soundwave...

Ideas do not need to be created. Example: a Christian believer can hold the ideas that there lords wish them to have. Does not mean they created the ideas.

Under my logic: ideas ARE products. And they can be translated, transferred to other people or things too.

So under your logic, only the creator has the right to call it an idea. Example. Jesus had ideas. He made products for the world to buy and to make it part of themselves. Under this logic: Christian doctrines are products found in the markets to be sold and downloaded unto souls.

That's your beliefs. I think the ability to read minds exists.

This I acknowledge to be facts.

Again, under my logic, all ideas are products. (Regardless of whether they where created in a person's mind, or if they are transferred into other minds or things).

I would still call that ideas. Example. The Bible is a book full of ideas.

The way I see, the ideas are just being transferred to another place. (Eg into a book, into a disk, into other people in act of learning).

9. Primeultra

But that’s not the best analogy be cause people Do Not Grow Automatically

They cause the body to grow by breathing, by eating, by resting, by performing activities …..all this causes the body to create all sorts of Chemicals that results in the creation and copying of genes in the body

All the activities I listed about cause the body to create the production of new cells

Stop these things in the body Caesars to grow Withers and dies
    The words produce and create are synonymous with each other, they have the same basic definition and only differ depending on the context of the conversation

it was a formula that somebody else created that Chip learned about

it’s no different then learning A recipe from the book

No they do not need to be created

But in this case it was

]
    I’m not sure what “creator” you’re talking about……For the record I’m not talking about God or religion at all

Fine, but just like the topic of God there’s no way to prove it
    And I would say that the Bible is a product full of stories that help people develop similar ideas to those that created the product

I don’t disagree with you completely, it really depends on tge context of the conversation and what exactly is being described as tge idea in question

but when you transfer from the mind to paper you are changing the fundamental nature by taking it and bringing it into the real world where others can examine it

10. Refletor3

An interesting perspective.

The way i see it: we are predetermined by the programs in our genes to breathe; to eat; to sleep.

But I admit, that people can commit suicide; (by stopping their natural function of breathing by many ways....eg drowning, taking poisons)

Our bad lifestyles can interfere with good functioning genes though. Example. Smoking results in chemicals that can mutate our cells and their gene programs....which then can lead to cancer.

But all those basic things you mentioned are actually automatic programs. We should no be working to breathe, sleep, eat, unless something is terribly wrong with a person.

Sort off.
    To produce emphasizes more of a cause of something. Whereas creation emphasizes the beginning of something.
    Example: the quints produced many robots. (As a result of building cybertron as a factory).
    Whereas in the beginning primacon created unicron.

But yeah they are very similar concepts.

Sure. Let's take as an example primacons role as a creator. And one can also say a certain script writer who created the script for call of the primitives. But...a writer was apparently created by parents or a god.

I like the way Charles Darwin put it: it all depends on our ability to reason in actuality. Can a mouse, a fool, or an intoxicated person, or a madmen be actually capable of even understanding proofs and arguments?

But to make it simple, yeah, I agree I could never prove such a complex thing as that.

That's just your words and way of saying it. Not saying it's wrong. I actually agree. Just that another person can uses different words or different language to essentially say the same thing.

Well to me mind is of physics. It is in the real world. There is no such thing as a metaphysical world that transcends physics as conceived by neo aristotlean/Christian philosophy.

I know you do not believe mind reading is possible (as in what soundwave did with chip). But hypothetically speaking, if this was possible, would that not imply that ideas are physical products?

11. Primeultra

Automatic programs? Not sure I would see it like tgat

But for the most part we are certainly programmed to know how to do it
    I don’t want to nitpick but every production has a starting point…one that was the first produced

your talking about “mass production”

but you can produce only one if you chose
    Still a bit confused by where you’re trying to go with this line of thinking
    Interesting quote
    Yeah I guess so
    Well the mind is two things

1)The mind, the brain, Part the the body, biology

2)The mindscape, For lack of a better way to put it… A different dimension, the dream world
    No
    i would say that Soundwave used Physical products to find a way to Communicate with where ideas and dreams come from

12. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

I just wish the cartoon investigated those 4M years like the comics did with Straxus. I really like the thought of Shockwave and seekers and some other Decepticons fighting Autobots like impactor and Wrecker characters. How both sides survived (given Optimus Prime's line) in the Ultimate Doom that many of his friends were still on Cybertron. To me, Megatron owes a lot to Shockwave's invention of the space bridge.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Refletor3

Yes. In philosophy, first principles, or first cause is often a subject of interest. Many claim that first cause is god. But I think people can choose things independently from any god. Also, there are complex realities in physics and the quantum world that are big causes....even of one's choice.

I suppose I am emphasizing how creatively anyone can use the word creation and apply it even to fictional things or characters.

Yep. This is the big issue. I believe in the dream world Allright. It's just not in another dimension.

They ultimately came from human mind(s). To me this is substances found the brain, but which humans have an ability to translate and transfer outside of themselves.

14. Primeultra

True enough
    Thank you for explaining

Perhaps with everything we’ve been talking about I might’ve gotten one or two points confused
    I couldn’t find a better word to describe it

I often feel it’s a different world altogether but we all have access to….But it is independent from our reality

Again that’s just my feeling
    Like I said I see it a bit differently

I find that the mind can be used as a medium to Access the dreamworld

15. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

Take scissors to Energon and cut it down to ten minute episodes that end with Unicrons destruction, also redub the whole thing with a new cast.

16. Refletor3

Our dreams, or the fictions found all over social media are real things. They are part of reality.

(Example transformers universe of comics and of television) the fans; the artistic works; and the artistic creators; all use mind, ideas, dreams, creativity, and imagination.....this is what causes the dream world to exist. I would therefore conclude that the dreamworld is made out of the substance of mind. And social media is a translation of mind through technology that is found all over culture.

And all these things share the same reality with any other physical thing in this universe.

Understood.

For me, mind is the first principle and an actual physical substance, in which the dreamworld is made out of.

17. Primeultra

Everything posted on social media are “real” things

dreams….not so much

I think if we’re going to continue to talk about dreams and other things we should probably take it to a private conversation

• Like Like x 1
  18. trokanmariel33

trokanmariel33 Well-Known Member

I would have the new Netflix trilogy series be much longer, than just 6 episodes per season - perhaps 10 or 12 episodes would be the right amount, but 6 is too short, especially when it's only 20 minutes per episode

19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    Only 20 minutes? Most animated series' are 22 minutes long, that's the standard.

20. MrNargle

MrNargle Active Member

I've been rewatching Victory because Sta saber, and i wish the Breastforce had more screentime. We see Leozack and Hellbat enough, but pretty much nothing is shown about Jallguar, for example.

• Like Like x 1