What would Masterpiece Drift/Deadlock transform into?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Convoy, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convoy

Convoy Well-Known Member

So I'm talking G1 Drift, using the original Generations/United figure for reference.
    [​IMG]

I know most people have probably replaced him with the more popular RID Origin Drift, but in the spirit of MP & G1 designs I'm going Drift Classic. By this I mean how the first MP releases of G1 car robots turned into the licensed vehicles the original designs were based on. Obviously the original designs of the '84 car robots were not exact replicas of their real life counter parts so I'm taking Drift with that same pinch of salt.

[​IMG]

When I first saw the original Drift I immediately thought he looked very Mitsubishi FTO. I was pretty surprised though since I didn't think FTO's were so well known in the US. From what I understand, FTOs are pretty popular in Japan, the UK and Australia but in the US the Eclipse was actually released domestically.

[​IMG]

TFwiki says its based on a mix between an FTO and a Nissan S15 Silvia. I'm not sure where the Silvia is though.

On his Deviant Art page, Guido Guidi says he originally designed the alt mode on a Silvia but it changed during development (DRIFT - from comic to TOY)
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, if Drift is meant to be a drift racer a Silvia makes sense. Also I remember he did look like a Silvia for a little bit. But I've never seen him actually drift.

To me the FTO make sense as an MP alt mode, but would love to hear other opinions

[Pictures credited to @Maz , @GuidoGuidi.deviantart.com, Google images for the car]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Was thinking today how cool it would be to add Drift to my MP carbots collection. Found this thread. Very cool ideas.

3. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think his movie version is more recognizable so they'd probably make a movie version of Drift before any of the toy/comic/toon versions.
    But sticking to the question I think the generations version would be the go to.

4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is an upscaled ko of generations drift that fits size wise with mp figures, he's just shy of voyager height which is about where the mp carbots are in height. sorry i dont have any carbots to really compare him to
    3C2354EC-CF3E-43CA-96FB-DF1D5F3627C4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.