What would G1 Megatron think of BW Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Single Elegant Machine, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

What would G1 Megatron think of BW/BM Megatron?

We know that Beast Era Megatron reveres his namesake, but how would said namesake evaluate his egomaniacal descendant? Would he feel honored or disgraced? Would he share in the Predacon's victories, or would he recoil at the grisly horrors inflicted upon the Cybertronian race?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Whatever else he'd think of BW Megatron, he'd probably have a measure of respect for his ambition and singlemindedness towards accomplishing his goals.

3. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

He'd be all like, "Yeah. This guy gets it."

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I think he'd like him, but also be ready to kill him.
    I think g1 Megs would see him a direct threat to his power and leadership role.

5. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

I think he transforms into a gun so Soundwave can shoot BW Megatron then standing over the corpse remarks about how much he liked the guy

6. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    This.
    He'd respect his ambition and success, but hate his abominal organic methods.

Galvatron was very anti organic, so it's likely Megatron shared the same morals.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

These two points came to mind immediately when I read the topic title.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Post BM where Megs succeeded in becoming a god from consuming all the sparks*

"What? Impossible! It was supposed to be meeee! I was supposed to conquer Cybertron!"

"And yet you didn't. Such a pity, your work sounded far more impressive on paper. But, haha, never fear. I have a place for you in my Cybertron, yesss. The only thing is, there is no Cybertron anymore, nooo. There is only Megatron!" *noms G1 Megatron's spark*

Or something like that, I'm not a writer.

On a side note, Ask Vector Prime recently suggested that the Dark Spark from that awful game last year could be an incarnation of BM Megatron that actually succeeded in his goals, now ascended to a chaos bringing force of pure evil. Game was still crappy, but that's a really cool thought and gives some actual heft to the MacGuffin.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Before BW Megatron went insane? I think he'd like him. BW Megatron was acting on G1 Megatron's instructions and his plan, if it succeeded, would possibly have made G1 Meg the winner of the great war. BW Meg would likely still be a servant.

After he goes insane and tries to absorb everyone on Cybertron into himself? I think G1 Megatron would likely be appalled. G1 Meg clearly values loyalty and I'm not convinced he'd be willing to wipe out every Decepticon/Predacon on Cybertron. Galvatron, on the other hand, after he went insane, would likely want to take over BM Meg's plan. He too values loyalty but was so abusive to his men that I think he'd be willing to kill them all.

While I'm confident BM Meg would easily outwit Galvatron, I am curious about what would happen if BM Meg tried to absorb Galvatron's spark. In Web World, when the planet tried to tap into Galvatron's mind, the planet was completely wrecked. Would the same happen to BM Meg?

10. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    G1: "Why do you resemble that insufferable purple lizard on those pre-school human broadcasts?"

11. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    This

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    "Grrr, I hate to admit it, but you've earned my respect."
    "Hahaha, yesss! I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come! And you will know my name is-- *STOMP*
    "But not MY name!"

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I always pictured the two occasionally teaming up to deal with common problems (Starscream, Terrorsaur, Tarantulus), but G1 would tower over his BW successor. He may also still be angry over BW using G1's Spark for the last half of Season 3, but applaud how BW got the closest to victory twice (The Agenda in Season 2 and BM), so I see a alliance of the 2 armies (G1 still commands, at least in my own head, a sizable army, which combines all who wore the Decepticon/ Predacon sigil.)

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

G1 Megatron, I imagine, would be torn between impressment at his cunning and plotting, suspicion in case that cunning and plotting ever tried to turn against him and a touch of irritation over the guy taking his name. He'd probably demand BW Megs to get a new name.

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    "Taking my name? This is bad comedy!" *blast*

16. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

I think he could appreciate Beat Wars Megatron's laugh... and then proceed to drop kick his puny descendent for his own laughs.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean hell, BW Megatron conquered Cybertronly single-handedly. It took G1 Megatron an army to do that, and his Cybertron wasn't as populated.

G1 Megatron was always a fan of drop-kicking, that's true.

I mean, it's a bit hard to imagine what a one-dimensional character would think of a far more nuanced one. G1 Megatron's always just been a brute of simple mind and simpler plans. He probably wouldn't have time to do anything to BW Megatron before he shot G1 Megs in the eye and flew to safety. If anything I find it more interesting to imagine what BW Megatron would think when confronted with the realization that his idol was... not everything he'd hoped for.

18. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    G1 Megatron wouldn't like BW Megatron at all. Not only is he organic (which Megatron despises), but he took his name. He would be seen as an usurper to G1 Megatron's throne/legacy, and G1 Megatron would either destroy him on sight or use him to further his own agenda before destroying him on sight.

19. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    which G1 megatron? 2D cartoon megatron? marvel's underwhelming megatron? IDW reformed megatron?

20. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

He'd be all like, "What's up with the duck, Broseph?"