What would be your IDEAL transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronsupreme, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

Updated Beast Wars figures based on Don Figeuroas' renditions in The Gathering. :D 

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    you mean mp-04 doesn't even have roller?? What the hell!

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Wheeljack, MP Fort Max or MP Minibots

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    maybe jazz or prowl to keep with the leadership theme

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I guess more Masterpieces in general are a good thing based off the posts. :) 

6. Chunkylover

Chunkylover Member

The Binaltech/Alternators came closest to the ideal for me. I like classic characters updated with modern engineering. The Classics line is alright but just not good enough.

Binaltech was almost perfect. Complex transformations, die-cast, good likenesses of the originals. They could have been better if the alt-modes were more like the originals.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Since were all dreaming here, I'd like MP Dinobots, and Classics Dinobots. I'm a basebot fan myself, so something at least as big as Fort Max with modern engineering and anrticulation would be awesome. My first pick would be Trypticon, but Metroplex would be awesome as well. oh and for Classics Mirage's articulation to be a standard for every TFs to come.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Mass production of Jizai's Powerglide and Cyclonus, please.

I've no specific toy in mind but, to take the OP's theme of a wish-list for Hasbro, I'm always a whore for:

-Pose-ability and lack of kibble in robot mode
    -Good comparative scale in alternate mode (poor Blackout, Lugnut, Bonecrusher, Tanktane...)
    -Actual bits of the alternate mode being actual bits of the robot, rather than the slight 'shell-former' feel of, say, the Concept Camaro BB mold
    -A cute touch such as alternate mode interior details, working doors, alternative points for holding, storing, or displaying weapons in robot mode

(Hmmm, Animated Prowl may be the closest fit of toys on the horizon...)

But I like Decepticons slightly more...

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd be happy with a cool combiner whose individual components are also decently poseable and don't make too many sacrifices for the combined mode. And as a bonus, the combined form has some sort of variation to it, like it can combine in different ways like Getter or Aquarion to handle different missions.

Mainly I'll be happy with a fun new combiner. Preferably using an original combination scheme rather than "one body, four as limbs".

I'd also love more "quirky" robot modes, like we got in the Beast Machines Vehicons.

10. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'm not very demanding...all I really want is a CD Scattorshot with a concealed head.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Big bulky robots that also got some decent weaponry.

Imagine Gutsman from Megaman + Roadbuster

12. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Ebay:
    A few more important Classics renditions, specifically a Classics Soundwave.

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Hasbro take on the 6 or 8 main Guardians and Renegades. Or, more realistically, a return to Binaltech's roots. You know, from before Alternators wrecked everything.

14. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

^^^What do you mean "Alternators wrecked everything"?

Anywhoo, I thought of something else that might be an "ideal" transformer. I think it'd be so cool to have Alternator-like engineering for transformable, licensed planes. They wouldn't have to be in scale with the Alternators (making the plane toys 3 feet long), but at least in scale with each other.

There can be obvious choices like Starscream the F-15, Powerglide the A-10, etc. But this line would have (for example) a Bumblebee F-16, a F-117 Megatron, F-15 Leader One repaint, etc. Think of how the Alternators first had obvious choices like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Then remember how confused we were to Grimlock being a Ford Mustang. Then, once that wore off, I know that at least I warmed up to the idea of non-cars turning into cars. So we can have non-jet characters turning into jets. For example, Sunstreaker might turn into a Learjet or something.

So this series would be like Alternators...but with planes. Opening cockpits, working landing gear, and movable flaps. Alternator-like engineering, poseable and recognizable bot modes, complex transformation, licensed plane modes, and alternate modes that look good enough to pass for model planes.

Anywhoo, just my two cents.

15. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be very very cool. I'd be behind that all the way. Maybe after movie 09?

16. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    This would be the first line I'd be a completist for.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    MP Rodimus or Galvatron. galvy should have movie colors and be a bit larger and bulkier than MP Megs.

18. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

A G.I. Joe/Transformers line - complete with H.I.S.S. versions of Optimus, Ironhide and Ratchet.

Oh, and a Superion made from a Skystriker, Phantom X-19, Crusader Shuttle, Skystorm and a Conquest X-30!

Oh, and a Rolling Thunder that transforms into Omega Supreme!

Oh, and a full-size U.S.S. Flagg that transforms into Tidal Wave (or Broadside, either way)!

Oh, and Serpentor's Air Chariot that transforms into Wheelie.

19. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Well, seeing as this is fantasyland... a Masterpiece movie Blackout, that actually looked exactly like the ILM design in bot mode, and was of course wholly accurate in helicopter mode, made to 1:24 scale (at least). The size, detail, intricacy & articulation of that is an awesome thing to imagine :D 

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

Either a new mold Classics Combiner, or Classics Dinobots (well, the rest of them other than Grimlock).
    The Classics line (and its continuation with 2.0) pretty much already is my ideal Transformers line, so I'd just want figures that would further augment it (including the extremely unlikely ones I mentioned above). To hell with MPs and stuff; those certainly are NOT my ideal.