What Wonderfest reveal was the most exciting to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by artiepants, Feb 11, 2019.

?

What Wonderfest reveal was the most exciting to you?

1. LG-EX (???) Star Convoy

21 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. LG-EX (???) Micron Legend Convoy/Armada Prime

47 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Masterpiece Bumble/Bumblebee v2

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Nike MP-10s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Masterpiece Black Arachnia

39 vote(s)
    31.7%
  6. Seige Jetfire’s “Clean” Alt mode

13 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FINE! *votes*
    As nice as Armada Prime is, being a new mold and all, Star Convoy wins it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    It was a tough call for me - the combo of “totally unexpected”, “all new mold” and “looks surprisingly great” won out over Star Convoy, whom I like a great deal as well (but would probably prefer a full true Star Convoy over what the sleuths in the front page thread have deduced is probably going to be a G1 Convoy that turns into Star Convoy - which is still a great concept)

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I have to say Armada Prime. Not only looking forward for an update without the "auto-transforming trailer" gimmick of the original, I'm also glad that Takara can still, in addition to extensive remolds, surprise us with completely new molds for Generations/Legends line even after the mainline brand unification.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Nothing shown off is bad but nothing really excites me. It was more like, "Oh. Neat." Maybe I'll be more excited about them closer to release. Who knows.

5. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I have no real attachment to Star Convoy, but he does look cool, but Armada was my line as a kid, and always wanted modern updates, and Armada Optimus looks incredible. I'm just crossing my fingers that it's not a Takara exclusive.

6. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

And here I thought these guys actually transformed into SHOES...lol, I'd buy one!

7. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

Star convoy was a huge surprise but Armada is even better. I was expecting Armada to be some half-assed remold or ignored altogether.

Blackarachnia was totally expected since they're doing beast wars.

The Nike stuff is a little surprising since you think they'd use the fancy new prime for that.

8. artiepants

News Credits:
    it's funny, the white/Teal/Black one is just a bit much for me (the white head looks goofy), and the Tan/Purple one looks like he's trying to cosplay as Bruticus, but the camo one... that's just the right level of crazy for my tastes...

9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    MP Blackarachnia, hands down. Easily the most exciting reveal for me, considering she's my all time favorite BW character. I've been slowly building a Blackarachnia-specific shelf, so her surprise announcement/reveal cemented a centerpiece for my lady spider collection.

Runners up are Skufire and Armada Prime. The rest were good, but not interesting to me.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Armada Prime baby! :D 

11. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP BB v2. I skipped the first one because the face seemed off. In my toon biased opinion, BB v2 will look great with the Cliffjumper that eventually comes out.

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Going with Armada Prime. Chances are, he should be a complete update of the character and figure in almost every desirable way once the trailer arrives.

Star Convoy comes in second but what is holding him back for me is the fact he's Star Convoy presumably only in robot mode. The charm of the original was to have an awkward looking Micromaster base and a Micromaster Rodimus to pair with him. I'm not certain we're getting either of those. The fact that G1 Convoy is the inner figure is nice but runs against the grain for what I want out of a Star Convoy update. So, I guess it makes a nice G1 anniversary figure and display piece but doesn't function the way I really want it to.

Third place goes to Nike MP Convoys. The duck camo doesn't do much for me but the other two are just nutsy goodness on a mold I love.

Don't really care about the rest. I love me some Siege but I don't think "clean alt mode Jetfire" is really all that big of a deal since most of the alt modes are relatively clean - it's the robot modes that look like they've spent some time shoveling shit in a sewer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Were there other reveals than S Convoy and A Convoy? But I loved those reveals :) 

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The figures look interesting, but the shoes look ugly. Like the sort of shoes that people wear we see in news reports about california man or similar.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Jetfire and Blackarachnia by far.
    Don't care at all about the others, but I like that the chug Primes aren't G1 Primes strictly speaking.

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Blackarachnia. By God, I'm very impressed with Takara's engineering on her. I have to know what her spider mode looks like.

17. artiepants

News Credits:
    I worded that poorly, by “clean” I meant without the stupid armor pieces so folks could seehe had has vertical stabilizers and looked way more sleek - the Hasbro renders only showed off the armored version.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia by far. The Beast Wars Masterpieces haven't had a dud yet IMO...the opposite of the G1 line.

Star Convoy and Armada Optimus were both cool and disappointing since they're welcome characters to get updates, but Star Convoy is marred by being a slight remold of PotP Optimus (at least thus far, naturally that could be proven otherwise eventually) and that Armada Optimus isn't coming with a trailer.

Jetfire wasn't a surprise to it wasn't exciting to me (I was already all in for it after seeing the renders)

Nike MP-10s are a cool novelty but nothing I've ever been interested in.

MP Bumblebee 2.0 is a downgrade from MP-21...a step backward in every way save for the more accurate yellow color. It's completely pointless to me, just like MP-44.

• Like Like x 2
  19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pretty certain he has hands built into his legs, indicating a super mode.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I did see that...but since at this point they were advertising him as cab only, who knows how long it will take for them to rationalize a release of it with a trailer.

Unless I missed some info stating the cab only release was an error, which wouldn't surprise me.