What will make the Bumblebee film Universe the best live-action Transformers franchise?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AustinLucas, Jun 7, 2020.

1. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

1. The 2018 installment Bumblebee was directed by Travis Knight and written by Christina Hodson and it received positive feedback from critics it was the best review Transformers movie
    2. The sequel has both Bumblebee and Optimus Prime as main robot protagonists

we already know out of every single live action Transformers movie the most recognizable robots even with the live-action movie designs are always going to be Bumblebee and Optimus Prime.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2020
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    What is the question you're asking here?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Maybe not call it a universe, for starters? This stupid 'cinematic universe' idea is why there were so many craptacular films in the shadow of the MCU, because everybody wanted to have that level of success without the significant lead up time and risk it took to actually get from Iron Man 1 to Avengers.

• Like Like x 12
  4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    Not sure what the point of this is but it's factually accurate so I'll give you that.

What?

What?

Seriously, @AutobotAvalanche said exactly what I had to say about your thread.

We get it, you like Bumblebee and you want us to like it too.

We get it, Bumblebee was not directed by Michael Bay but by Travis Knight and that some crackheads think Bay and Knight are one.

We get it, Bumblebee got great reviews from critics and is the best reviewed Transformer film as of yet.

We get it, you think we should all unconditionally worship Bumblebee and anyone who doesn't is a hater of Travis Knight the G1 fan.

We fucking get it. It's fine that that you enjoyed the film since frankly many of us do. Just please stop parroting the same exact talking points in everything you post.

• Like Like x 4
  5. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

If you don't think Bumblebee was the best live action Transformers movie and if Travis Knight is worse than Michael Bay then don't reply to this topic, simple as that

Think i'm delousional?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2020
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    No, I do think its the best film, but I disagree with calling it the beginning of a 'universe' because that sets expectations that inevitably will not be met.

Like, what ever happened to good old 'sequels' where some giant branching narrative wasn't the focus instead of simply having a good, entertaining narrative?

• Like Like x 5
  7. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

You don't think calling it the Bumblebee universes a best idea?

8. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

There's not enough "planets" and "stars" to call it a universe yet. . . .;)  Once there has been a series of well-written coherent and tied-together TF films (in addition to Bumblebee), maybe and ONLY maybe can we call it that. . .Then again, maybe striving for a universe may be bandwagon jumping, and there's been way too much of that. . .

• Like Like x 3
  9. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Shrekformers, Lord Farquaad as a shape-shifting Quintesson, Jaegertron, Matriarch Supreme, and her Womxn's Justice Division. Any Transformers universe with all of those is hard to beat.

10. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

Nobody cares about Shrek

• Like Like x 13
  11. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Well obviously I do, and I'm not "nobody."

Also, all of the Shrek movies made more than Bumblebee, and all but one of them made more than the 2007 movie. So apparently general audiences cared enough to make it a successful franchise. Just like general audiences made most of the Transformers movies huge successes.

But I seriously do think a Shrekformers film, while extremely unlikely to be made, has the potential to be seriously entertaining and hilarious.

12. Lokimaru

Lokimaru Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Like, why are you obsessed with calling it a universe? Before the MCU basically kickstarted a trend of near universally awful films trying to ape its success - Transformers included - there was no need to call sequential film installments other than simply sequels.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Remember this?
    [​IMG]
    No more universes. Leave that to the pros. Marvel.
    For BB to be good it needs to be its own thing.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    As long as it distances itself as much as possible from the previous Bay films and improves upon what it did in Bee, then it should be on its way to becoming a better series of films worthy of the name "Transformers".

Only time will tell if they've learned from the failures of the past.

• Like Like x 6
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Well, assuming they stick with the idea of Bumblebee being a new universe, we only have two live-action universes so far. Bayverse and Bumblebee. I enjoy aspects of the Bay movies, but I don't consider them particularly good films. I'd argue this universe is already better than the Bay universe, because I consider Bumblebee a better film than any of the Bay movies. Hopefully that continues to be the case.

• Like Like x 4
  17. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

Just like the first Bumblebee movie

18. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

They tried to start a cinematic universe with TLK and that was one of the many reasons that film turned out to be a creamy and chunky shit stain slowly dripping down the wall. How about they focus on making a good movie instead of planning a whole cinematic universe?

• Like Like x 3
  19. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

It's a good thing that we have Bumblebee.

20. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

So you're saying that Hasbro aren't taking their time? Cause it seems like they are.

I thought you guys wanted a good Transformers film, right?

Well, the Bayformers sequels had a "simple narrative" each, and look where they ended up.

How about the Knightverse, or HasbroVerse, or HCU?

Maybe there will be. You'd never know. With Snake Eyes and Micronauts on the way.

I'm sure you're joking around. We know it.

[​IMG]

Well, Hasbro own a ton of brands, so why not?

Did you know that it was Marvel writers that helped establish the lore and characters that would become G1.
    You can thank ol' Jim and Bob for that.

Agreed, fingers crossed SE and M will pull it off.

Thing is though, and I know this is a hard idea to grasp, so bear with me here.
    The reason it sucked and failed is because it didn't even know how a proper universe works.
    They think they were starting one (with the fifth frigging installment I might add), but they were merely throwing random plotholes to the wall.

So who knows, we still have the SE film around the corner.

• Like Like x 2