Customs: What white paint to use?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by User_138281, Jul 31, 2022.

1. User_138281

User_138281 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every single white That I use looks awful. I'm not sure if it's too light or too thick. The paint is never smooth regardless even if I thin it. I can't really use spray paint either for this project, because the project that I'm working on has already been painted and it would be too much of a hassle to remove. Any suggestions for some white paint that I can use?

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    A lot of mini painters use either Titanium White Liquitex Professional Ink or Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic artists ink to paint white on their miniatures. They're very thin, have great coverage and aren't usually chalky looking if watered down a bit. Being ink, though, they tend not to have to be watered down a lot to be usable, though. It's expensive, relatively, compared to spray paint and the like, so if you're trying to use it for entire figures, that might not be the best idea.

3. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Every white I've handled so far goes best in (thin) layers and doesn't start looking okay until the second or third.

Mind, you have to let the first layer dry first before doing another one, otherwise you're never going to finish.

4. AutobotSparklight

AutobotSparklight Chicks dig giant robots

News Credits:
    I like Tamiya flat white, but you definitely need to use multiple thin layers or it gets all gummy and ugly.