What were your favorite things about Batman The Animated Series?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by arcee101, Jan 16, 2015.

1. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

The title says it all!

Pretty much everything for me, especially Harly Quinn!

2. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

The rogues gallery, especially Mr. Freeze, riddler, two face, poison ivy...

Well, and a lot more. I liked how they went into their motives instead having them be generically evil.

Also batman, can't forget him.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Love this series! I think my fav episode was the crossover episode with Superman.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Personally, Batman Beyond... sorry I tend to just consider all of the DCAU stuff to be just one big pile of awesome animated goodness.

It's like asking which skin cell is my favorite.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Everything.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It was written and animated in a way that wasn't just for kids.
    The style of the series is timeless, it didn't have designs that were keyed to one era. In another 20 to 30 years it will still work without feeling dated.
    The artwork fits the series well and you can tell they spent money on it.
    Most episodes can be watched by themselves without having to figure out a season plot or having to catch up.
    Batman was dark, but not so dark it got depressing and the series knew when to have fun.
    The voice work is outstanding.
    There is very little to complain about with this series.

Honestly they could make a new season of it now and I'd watch it.

7. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Everything. It was just awesome

8. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Can't decide without head exploding. It was just that great.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The music. I just absolutely love the music to the show, especially in the episodes like "The Forgotten" and "The Last Laugh".

I also love how they did adaptations of some of the works from the 70s like the werewolf one, the ones with Talia and Ra's, The Laughing Fish being a combination of Joker's Five Way Revenge and The Laughing Fish, etc.

And then of course the animation.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i liked that it was goofy enough for children, but serious enough to be enjoyed by adults.

it is a series that you really could tell that the people behind it really cared about the characters that they were writing. whether it is in batman, superman, beyond, justice league, static shock, or the batman beyond spinoff about the robot, you can tell that they really cared about it. it didn't talk down to the audience like most cartoons did/do.

i even like a lot of the characters in the animated series, better then their other media counter parts, like i like harley quinn best here. i never really liked any other interpretation of the character, except maybe in the batman, and her small role in brave and the bold. and i really do not like her costume designs in the others too.

it is something i really appreciated about the whole series. they made the females attractive, without over doing it. and to me that is the problem with a lot of comic book females. they over do it on trying to make them hot.

i also really enjoyed the relationships between characters. like batman and Gordian, Harley and Joker, Bruce and Alfred. I love this version of Alfred. he really does feel like an actual father figure to Bruce.

the animated series vs the latest series, beware the batman, had it's dark mood, but still kept it fun. beware the batman, however, seemed to kill any kind of personality batman once had. and made him a bland stick in the mud. however, i also like how while this batman isn't a "joiner" they made "the batman" batman, not only a joiner, but really one of the original creators of the justice league. to the point of trying to convince superman to join the group. that is something i appreciated from "the batman", is it tried to do things differently from the animated series, rather then trying to do the same things. it could of easily of just been the same stories. but it wasn't.

My favorite villains in this series, were not the rogue galleries, but were characters like, Thorne, Daggett, scarface, Clock King, Hardac, Lock Up, Kyodai Ken, Sid the Squid, and other one off characters. it made stories more interesting when it wasn't always just the rogue villains.

I think Mr. Freeze is at his best in this series. he never really felt like a bad person, nor really that much of a villain. at least not until he goes insane later on. he has the best arc of any of the villains. from his first episode, to his last episode in batman beyond.

i really like Bullock in this. he is kind'a a slob. and comes off like a jerk. but you can tell that he is a really good cop. even if he doesn't like batman.

but i think that is what i like best about this batman. is i feel like it made the best use, out of the "other" characters. the supporting characters. it made them feel the most human. and thus making the whole thing more believable then in all the other animated batman series to date.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some idiot decided to build Gotham City out of C-4. Seemed everything could explode in huge fireballs. Didn't matter if it was a stone building. One small computer gets a chair thrown at it and KABOOM!! Bayplosions everywhere! Walls blowing out left and right.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the forgotten is actually my favorite episode.

13. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

Everything being so gritty and something proud to call the lead, "Batman". Mr. Freeze whom was once a D-List in the Rogue's Gallery was elevated to A-List. The debut of Harley Quinn who became a major breakout character.

14. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    This. Kevin Conroy still remains my definitive Batman voice while Mark Hamill is the definitive voice for the Joker.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to disagee with you on Hamill. He is a good Joker, but he is too tame. I think Troy Baker does a better Joker because in the DTVs, he doesn't have to be tame at all.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just something about the noir style combined with animation to make it something amazing. Throw in a rouges gallery where there was different motivations for each villain so that it wasn't evil just because Batman needed someone to punch, yea the revenge villains wanted went to far but you could understand why they would feel the need for vengeance or to right the world.

The way they played up the femme fatale to keep the noir style meant that the female characters were above and beyond what you would expect for a cartoon aimed at little boys. Characters like Ivy could be fleshed out into an actual character and someone that was a tough fight for Batman. Also oddly sexy for a cartoon aimed at kids.

Only down side to the series is Harley Quinn set the standards way too high for what I was looking for in the ideal girlfriend. Sure you can find crazy but it's hard to find that crazy that wants you to be her Mr. J.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No way. Hamill is Joker. Baker just sounds like he's doing a Joker impression, and is hit or miss.

18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Just about everything in BTAS was awesome. One notable exception is "I've got a Batman in my basement".

19. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Her voice was so fucking annoying.

20. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Kevin Conroy as Batman. It got the mood of Batman right. The animation style.