What were you scared of as a kid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drangleic, Oct 28, 2016.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Being abandoned.

2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    yeah, most of my memories of my childhood are suppressed because of him, these are the only ones i actually remember. luckily my parents divorced after i snapped and pushed him into the fridge. i highly doubt i'll be 90% normal, but at least i can laugh! believe it or not, my mother had a much worse time growing up...

okay back on topic, while this was more in my teen years and not kid, i was actually afraid of the flood in halo, and getting near small creatures.

i used to be soo terrified of the flood that i couldn't play alone. my brother helped me get over that fear thankfully.

and as for the small creatures, it was more for their safety than anything. for months i had dreams that i would hurt and possibly kill anything smaller than me, even babies, on accident...took me years to finally conquer that fear thanks to local squirrels that my mom was feeding.

3. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    I have a bad phobia of vomit. Every time I get a stomach flu or the like, I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack the whole time. I get very scared and grossed out whenever i see vomit/someone purging and I can't stand to be anywhere near it without getting super anxious. Kinda ironic considering how I'm almost completely unaffected by gore.

Even though I am a fan of FNAF (mostly for the lore), quite a few of the animatronics are really creepy for me, and made me paranoid to be in the dark when I was really into it. I'm mostly out of the fandom right now, but with the release of Sister Location I'm slowly being drawn back in...

A pretty irrational but justifiable one is Gundams. I heavily associate them with someone who sexually harassed (I'm a teenager and he's an adult so that adds onto the Creep Factor™), lied to and manipulated me and several of my friends (and he's still on this site) and I can't look at a picture of one without getting a surge of anxiety because they remind me of him. Once a friend tried to convince me that I 'just couldn't associate them with HIM' by showing me a pic of one of the cute pink ones and I had a breakdown. He quickly stopped after that.

God, I still wonder why I trusted an abuser again.

Jesus Christ, what an abusive fuckwad. I hope you've moved out and far away from him now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

You stole mine :p 
    The only real nightmare I ever remember having was of the Lou Ferrigno Hulk beating me up. When I watched the show I'd run and hide whenever Bill Bixby's eyes turned green :) 

The Garthim from The Dark Crystal. Yes, I KNEW they were men in suits, but they were just so...unearthly.

Here's a silly one: the dragon during the bonus round of the game show Tic Tac Dough. The sound the dragon made always startled me so I would hide behind the couch in the other room during the bonus round :D 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Goddamn Spiders.

The concept of death and limb amputations.

Jigsaw from Saw.

The world ending (now I'd welcome it).

• Like Like x 2
  6. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    These little guys

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

The former WWE wrestler Gold Dust scared the ever loving shit out of me.

8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I think you mean current WWE Wrestler. He's tag-teaming with R Truth as the "Golden Truth."

I used to have a fear of not being accepted by my peers when I was a kid. I seemed to consistently have traitorous friends that would turn on me for no reason at all in elementary school. I even had that happen in High School- we were a group of 6 and we used to play football before class and during the lunch break. For whatever reason, a couple of friends stopped talking to two of the guys, which splintered our group. Then, we were 4. Shortly thereafter, and for reasons unknown, two of my friends did the same thing to me; I mean pretending like I wasn't even there, like a lengthy Patrick Swayze Ghost moment. But then, they started talking to me again after a week. To this day, I still don't know what that nonsense was about.

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Sinister was pretty good I thought, Insidious and The Conjuring are really the only flicks in recent years that kinda creeped me out.

10. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

the gong at the beginning scared the living crap out of me when I was younger. Even now it freaks me out.

11. marvel b

News Credits:
    it just creeped me out.....and i'm in the dark, so that didn't help....

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Wasps.

oh wait

13. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Up until I was 7 or 8, whenever I saw a talking doll or any doll, I'd go apeshit.

14. marvel b

News Credits:
    how did i forget about that, of all things?

my grandmother (worse than my dad) placed those victorian dolls all over the house for christmas one year, and i never went back......those soulless eyes, the creepy dresses, EVERYWHERE.....probably why i don't like the thought of dolls in general.......

oddly enough, never was afraid of chucky......or jason, or any other horror legend.....

15. cuters

cuters Diabolist

My mom lol nice till you ticked her off.

16. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

Goddamn porcelain dolls (still true)

And knives

And wasps

And being abandoned when I need people (lessend but still kind of true)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Count Bloodcount from Looney Tunes, though mostly from the Bugs Bunny and Taz video game. See when I was little, I was always really getting into the games I would play. And the presentation of Count Bloodcount and his level really scared me. It was the final frontier, and it was dark, scary and full of monsters and all. I dunno. As a kid it scared the shit out of me. It took forever for me to just work up the courage to play the final boss fight against Bloodcount.

Chucky was my other major childhood fear. As a kid who grew up on Toy Story, the idea of a toy betraying my love and trust and coming to kill me was mortifying. :lol  I was also afraid of asteroids since I was a dinosaur fanatic, and feared the thing that killed the dinosaurs. And also The Lost World: Jurassic Park scared me, largely because of the San Diego scene where the dog got eaten and the kid watched the T rex do it. As popular as Jurassic Park was, The Lost World did not need to be that scary!

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Power and Pneumatic tools :p  Like a bullet out the door I was.

19. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

All horror/slasher movies, human skulls, bees, and wasps.

Bees and wasps I can deal with, but the other stuff can go to hell. Total deal-breaker for me if a chick digs movies like that or has any type of human skull tat.

:thumbdown 

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Dammit Grunt. Now how am I suposed to sleep?