What were you scared of as a kid?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drangleic, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

When I was a kid Freddy Krueger scared me more than anything else. I used to be afraid that he would grab me from under my bed. :lol 

I also used to worry about sharks while swimming because of Jaws.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i was so afraid of zombies as a kid that it affected my school work.

in 1999, i got the nerve to buy the first Resident Evil game on the original Playstation. not only was it fun, it got rid of 99% of my fear.

• Like Like x 4
  3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

The clown doll from Poltergeist. Took a long time to get over that.

Also, the creepy, dying sister from Pet Sematary.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Same here. Freddy scared the shit out of me. I remember seeing it when I was 7 or 8 at a friends house and was also scared he was under my bed or would get me in my dreams. Sharks didn't bother me much though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Chucky. Dad was watching Child's Play on tv. 6 year old me wanders into the living room and let's just say I was scarred for awhile. Yeaaaah didn't help my Aunt got me a doll that seriously resembled Chucky(it was a knock off of the My Buddy Doll).

Around 7-8 it was Medusa. Yeah, dad, again was watching a movie I shouldn't see and never even realized I was there. Sooo ended up watching Clash of the Titans and was then immediately scared shit less by my older sister who mimicked the sound medusa made. Mom found out about because I freaked out in the shower once. Yup big sis got into some trouble for that one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    The deep end of the pool, which is weird because I can swim well enough to keep myself afloat.

Sharks. I love them and am fascinated by them, but I still won't go more then a couple feet in the ocean.

Getting my fingers sliced off if I ever went ice skating. I was invited to go ice skating several times and I refused because I believed that if I fell, (and I'm a klutz who can't even rollerskate without clinging to the railing) someone would accidentally run over my fingers and slice them off before I could get back up.

Ants, I used to have nightmares that they'd crawl up your nose and suffocate you. Gross.

The bunyip. My mom taped Dot and the Kangaroo for me and it scared the crap outta me as a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Zombies freaked me out. I didn't take too kindly to the idea of being eaten alive, nor the same happening to my family members or them turning into zombies. I'd lock the doors every night, though that offered little comfort, and would swear I saw one or a few outside the window.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pinpoint

Pinpoint Banned

News Credits:
    One time I watched a lot of creepypasta videos.

Long story short, I was terrified of Sonic.exe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Gators/crocs, anything from a realistic picture to accidently seeing one on tv scared me. Even at 29 now I still have a high fear of them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Clowns. I remember going to the central California coast for Halloween when I was a kid at this popular pumpkin patch, and there was a clown. I walked the other direction.

I remember one time thinking that the clothes hanging in my closet were killer penguins hiding in the shadows. I remember Super Mario and Luigi would come to save the day.

When I was in sixth grade I went to this camp up in the California red woods with all of the sixth graders at my school. I remember not wanting to go in the forest at night because of gremlins. Why I thought they were in the forest is something I do not recollect.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Other human beings, heck, y'all are still terrifying

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

When I was a child, there were two things that elementary schools tried to brainwash and frighten children with:

The Killer Bees- Every year through grade school, we were told, "The Killer Bees are coming!" I still hate any insect that flies and stings to this day, ESPECIALLY Bees, Yellowjackets and Wasps. Their little, evil faces with the jaws of death...

[​IMG]

...and the sound they generate when they flap their wings is frightening to me. Our neighbor had a bee hive in a giant tree in his front yard, and once a year, the bees would swarm, creating a hellish sound.

The "Big One" - We were also programmed to have an inherent fear of the potential "big earthquake" that cracks California down the middle and sends it careening into the Pacific Ocean. Like clockwork, we were shown that video every year throughout elementary school.

• Like Like x 4
  13. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Two things:

Ran into a spider web when I was a kid. Not big on spiders, hate'em, but it's not a crippling fear.

When I was 8 or 9 I saw The Exorcist for the first time. Waaaaaaaaaay too young to see that movie. As a result though, it set the bar for horror movies after that. Good luck finding something that scares me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i have a few, but they are all my dad's fault....

dogs. my head was mauled on when i was a kid when he brought me to a "friend's" house, messed my mind up. i still get jittery whenever i hear a bark, but its more of a "get ready to kill" now instead of "run"

spilling stuff. my dad beat me until i bled after i dropped a small cup of milk....so i was terrified to even hold anything....

spiders. he would place them,both real and fake, on my bed around holloween...

heights. i couldn't go up one flight without freaking losing it. he'd hold me as high as he could while on the stairs...

riding bikes. my first time riding a bike, and he tries to hit me with his truck....idk why....

15. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Holy crap. That's harsh. Hopefully you can live a normal life and process that all. Sorry that's how you grew up man

• Like Like x 1
  16. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I was always afraid of sharks too. I spent a lot of my youth on the ocean and I've seen sharks actually rise up to the stern of the boat and go into a frenzy ripping apart one that was injured from a fishing hook. 5 sharks tore another one into shreds in about 20 seconds. I still hate the water

17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

:(  What a colossal jerk. I'm so sorry. :hug:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    What a total jerk. Sucks that parts of the childhood was so crappy like that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The White Rabbit from Disney's Alice in Wonderland.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being near the edge of a high building. When I was 6 or so in Europe, family wanted to get a picture of me on some castle. So they put me on the wall. Wall was wide enough so I wasn't going to fall off but looking over the edge (castle was on a cliff so extra high) scared the crap out of me.

Stepped on a bee's next and got stung multiple times so I've hated bees/hornets/wasps since.