What were the first TF websites you visited?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Badman Forever, Jan 3, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

seibertron popped my cherry and now its tfw ftw

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    www.beastwars.net was my first. Back in '96 maybe? Well before Ben had to change the name.

First forum I visited was... well, ATT I think, but only a few times. Bottalk.com was the first I lurked at regularly, then when the All Spark split away I lurked there and eventually found my way here. I think i registered at the All Spark (first as 'Boo Prime' briefly, then as 'Psycho Convoy') about a year before I joined up here, as 'Psycho Convoy'. I posted at TFextreme a fair bit, too, before whatever happened to it...

TFW is easily my favourite, though.:) 

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't really get into the whole TF site thing until 2000-2001. And then it was just to look up some info. (I think I used Unicron.com since I had met the guys who run it at a Botcon.) Then, after I had finished my first Cybertronian, Doug Dlin called me over to his desk and had me listen to a review of my book on Radio Free Cybertron. Soon after that I began to lurk around Tformers and Ben Yee's site. I kept getting referals to check out Seibertron so I moved over there untill '04 when Doctor Doom brought me over here.

Where we win at a great many things. :drunk 

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Hmmm... hard to say. I was playing on TF2k5 MUSH back in early-mid 99, and visited one of the BW sites later that year, but first actual site would likely have been Pixeltron... that started dying, and I followed Weewoo to another site, which was this one and some other combined, and when that fell apart, I was going to go the other way, but Weewoo pulled me to TFW2k5... come to think of it, IIRC, Weewoo took me to Pixeltron from an Evangelion IRC channel I used to spend a lot of time in...

... I'm apparently quite easily led... Weewoo, don't move to another forum, I can't take another move :p 

5. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

First website was BWTF.com which is still pretty cool. However when i found this site I just seemed to stay, This is definatly the best Transformers site on the web at the mo!

my cheque better come in the mail soon....

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Think my first was "Electric Escape" TF Page back around 96, and followed links from there.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believed it was either bigbot.com or tfw2005.com - I can't remember! LOL!

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Seibertron.

WAY back when they had scans of all the G2 comics and the character profile books.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started off by lurking over at http://tfarchive.com/. I visited BWTF, Cosmic Rust, and Tformers a lot, too, but tfarchive was my main site. I got lured here by the Orson's World column, and eventually just fully moved over. Just lurked until someone started a thread about Alt Tracks being impossible to find, then I signed up and started posting.

11. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    bigbot, definitely. that was in 98. the place I got most of my toys then was called snarl's homepage. then once carrobots came out, I discovered bigbadtoystore and this place.

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    There was one that had scans of all the UK comics, before Titan re-printed them. Can't remember the name of it now! After that, it was this place - I've never needed another TF site since!

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Here is where I started then visted seibertron for a short time

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My first member sites I joined were actually Yahoo! Groups. I first joined CybCon (where I'm still a member and made my first "online" TF friends there with Greg Gaub and vicegripx who is a member here; I try to help out with their convention each year the best I can, though I've still yet to attend) and Radicons (which is now our customs forum here). I also helped mod a RiD group that eventually went belly up.

While I was on Yahoo! Groups, I was venturing out to the message board sites. Transfandom was the first site that I remember joining (and was the main website I visited until TFW2005.com's creation). I wasn't really active as I was still getting into message boards and the like. I eventually joined TFans (and still have a couple of good friends there in the customs section), the Allspark (where I've made several really good friends in the 2-D art section!) and Seibetron, and of course TFW2005.com after Transfandom split.

Once I got heavily into posting my customs, I cross-posted my work equally here, TFans, and then Transtopia. I eventually drifted here and started helping at Transtopia a bit as an admin. Now, I mostly just post here (because I've made a BUNCH of really cool friends and I LOVE the customs section) and my customs I tend to post here as well as at TFArchive and Spencer's board at A3+ :) 

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the first sites I can really remember are Wheeljackslab and this geocities "encyclopedia" site. The first site I was an active member of was Seibertron

16. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    My memory is extremely vague and sporadic, but I'll try to remember....

Back when I first realised that there were other people who still liked transformers would have been when I was at Uni, about '98 or '99 after I first noticed BW toys in the shops and a bit of research on the net led me to a few sites for info.

I can't remember the name of the first site I signed up for hung around at regularly, all I remember is that it was run by a girl called Jess. It seemed a pretty large and popular site, it might be one that someone has mentioned already, if anyone knows, please tell me! I've been trying to remember for aaaaages.

I took a break for a couple of years as I was travelling and didn't have much internet access.

Then I found this site,noticed it had the most up-to-date news and the least idiots clogging up the forums and lurked for about 2 years before finally signed up and started joining in, mainly as a way to fill time when bored at work.

17. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Hmm...I don't know but I remember that my first forum visit was where I met Insane Galvatron and Weirdwolf and I also remember visiting THE CYBERTRON CHRONICLE (still do) and TRANSFORMERS FOREVER.

But the VERY first site I went to was called SOUNDWAVE'S OBLIVION and that occured when my brother carelessly left the computer on when it was my turn to use around 2005.

18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    First BWTF..then here.

Ever so glad I did stumble across this place though as it is probably one of the best/most fun online communities I have been a part of. News is great and up to date, and there is always something worth reading up on on some forum.

19. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

bwtf.com

then

unicron.com

then

tformers.com

then TFW2005

any questions :) 

20. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    bigbot before it kind of became a link page and then TFFANS, Seibertron and then here