What were "Game Changers" in the world of third party?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ThatOneReallyTallGuy, May 16, 2024.

1. Mentalic

Mentalic Well-Known Member

We all wear masks online. I don't see alot of folks putting pictures of themselves on this forum (as their "avatars") or using handles that reflect their real names. But, I digress. To each his/her own.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I said before in my post that Defender is as big a deal as he was/is because he was the first legitimate attempt at a modern chug scaled Springer that wasn't just a rush job repaint. Other companies may have done figures before him but Springer was simply much more in demand of a new figure.

I wouldn't call it fair either to compare the armor sets like City Commander to a fully fledged figure like Defender as well. Would the 3P scene have continued on if Defender failed? Maybe but to try and downplay his overall significance doesn't feel fair at all either, especially when many people here are of the sentiment that he did in fact make a large enough impact.

Before this thread I had legitimately forgotten stuff like Battle Roller even existed. Warbot Defender though? I can easily recall the wave he made without having ever owned the figure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Perfect list! My personal opinion I'd swap MS Bruticus for MMC. That's the first real combiner. MS still needed a pile of parts. Though agreed all 3 modes are perfect and the individual robots and alts are perfect. Though they can't combine at all without the extra parts. Onslaught basically transforms like G1 soundwave into a box.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Both - Beast Gorira and later PE Mega Doragon - were years before Winged Dragon. Actually, that PE couple trampled a path for 3p companies into BW-verse.
    Also I'd choose Peru Kill. Not just because it opened Movieverse for 3p, but mainly because UT showed a new way of transformation, by turning tf inside out.
    Perfect Effect Warden - great design, despite partsforming, but it was a game changer in quality. About 10 years passed, but its joints and rachets are still strong and sturdy.
    Wei Jiang MPP-10 - Polaris for every single KO.
    MMC with "Reformatted" created a whole new line - Chugsterpiece.

• Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not much different from you using ratchet as your avatar, Or Barricade as mine.

He has no “Internet personality” really, he just is himself. He just wears the mask to hide his face for personal reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Aka Three Erasers

DX9 Hulkie for being the first legends combiner (I think) and having it have a billion KOs of it.

• Like Like x 3