What was your first transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 12, 2010.

1. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I got beast wars magnaboss for christmas the year it came out. Funny thing is, I just sold it today.

2. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

I can still remember this like it was yesterday...I think I was like Ten & my Mom took me to the local BEST ( when it was a still a dept. store & not yet out of business). I went to the toy section while she looked elsewhere & I saw the red " DIAKRON DK-1 " (aka Diaclone supertuning ). I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen & begged her to buy it for me! I still have the little sucker, the driver that came with him & most of his accessories tho he himself is currently under restoration as quite a lot of the red paint & chrome has worn of over the years.

3. Geezertron

Geezertron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My first official Transformer was Twin Twist. Before that, I had this gray knock-off of Shockwave. I think it was called Astro-Magnum, or something like that.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

My first official Transformers were Universe Prowl and Sunstreaker. Still have 'em, still love 'em.

I say Official because I vaguely getting some sort of a Starscream toy from a burger king meal... I wish I could remember when... it was quite a while back...

5. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was about 6, before I knew what Transformers were, my brother had a RID Ultra magnus that he let me play with in car mode. I only have the very front part of the car(the part that forms Omega Prime's chest) now. The rest is gone...
    Later during the beast Wars 10th anniversary, when I was about 11 I bought the first wave of Beast Wars 10th anniversary(Rhinox, Waspinator, Cheetor) because on G4 at 7:00 am Beast Wars was being rerun and I loved the show. Next i got Rattrap, but didn't have ebough money to get the Optimus Primal and Megatron two-pack. Good times... good times...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

G1 Sideswipe.That's probably why I love the Lamorghini so much.

7. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

G1 Prowl. Still miss him to this day, he and my entire G1 collection fell off the back of our moving truck in 1994 and I never saw any of them again. :( 

8. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    My first ones ever were the RID Bullet Trains. I've been a fan ever sense

9. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast wars megatron, mainly cause i was a huge dinosaur fan as a kid

10. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Armada saw, drill, and tank minicons.

11. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    my sister was into cabbage patch kids and i wanted transformers..i remember my parents taking me to a store called bradlees way back in 1984..i remember it being saturday morning and they were in the paper as having them..so we went when they opened and they had a table in the toy dept because both cabbage patch and transformers were super hot..i remember pointing out on the picture on what i wanted..i wanted jazz real bad..my dad said go ahead and pic another so i grabbed prowl..i remember getting home,opening them up,putting on their stickers and attaching their weapons..that was it!!! i was hooked and now 27 years later i still collect..and i have those first original 2 i ever got still in my collection today..the rest is history..lol

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    G1 Sparkstalker. Still got him, proudly displayed squaring off against my second TF, G1 Legends Grimlock.

13. werepolarbear

werepolarbear Well-Known Member

Don't know can't remember back to 84 or 85.

14. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    G1 Mirage - I'll never forget it. I really wanted Soundwave (which I did get later), but I was happy as could be.

-Silvershot

15. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil TFW2005 Supporter

G1 Rodimus Prime and Onslaught, both at the same time, back in those days..

16. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

My Uncle was this young cool guy and I was about 5 when Transformers came out. To this day he still loves computer games. For my birthday he gave me Trailbreaker and Shockwave from when he and my Aunty went to Hong Kong. I didn't have the nerve to tell him that trailbreaker was boring as hell, and not a "cool one", but out of memory I think he was into 4WDing...

17. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

I don't remember, but I collect now and my first Transformer this time around was Optimus Primal{deluxe} about 4 years ago, my girl biought him for me, thinking it was Optimus Prime, I remember how happy she looked when she gave it to me on my birthday, and I just wanted to show her what Optimus really looked like, so I went to Target and I saw Classics Optimus, just got him to show her and I was hooked on classics, and now she regrets ever getting me that damn Optimus Primal

18. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    G1 Bluestreak. He and his beam rifle sit near my desk in my office.

19. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    G1 Tracks

20. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

September of 84 (I was 8) I got Sideswipe from a local store called Toy Circus. It was my friends birthday and when my mom took me to get his present (Hound) she let me pick one too. Got Soundwave about a month later. I had both of them (and every other Transformer I'd gotten during the 80's) up until about 2003-ish. Sold them all in a lot on Ebay. I believe it was an 88 piece lot, almost everything complete with lots of boxes and what not. I only got like $600. Wish I had kept them. Anyone here happen to have been the buyer? I'd gladly give you $600 for them!