What was your first ever Transformers toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cutercills 9x9, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Starscream, I was 8 years old. These new toys were on the shelves and an obsession was born, apparently.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1984 - I was 5 years old when I received Thundercracker
    Mine has the sanded off wings, so it's one of/if not the earliest release of the figure.
    I still have it intact :) 

• Like Like x 3
  3. shadowPotentate

shadowPotentate Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Armada Thundercracker is the first I can remember - unfortunately, I don't have it anymore. I didn't really get into Transformers until very recently, so I saw no reason to keep it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KylerWilmoth

KylerWilmoth Missing Link Wheelie

The earliest I can remember is Cybertron Evac. I got him for Christmas of what was probably 2005? I would have been six if so. I don't think I knew much about transformers or had seen much of the shows yet, but I remember being jealous of the big green jet my brother opened at the same time. Can't remember the name of the toy now but, but it would have also been cybertron. I lost almost all of my childhood toys except for my G1 stuff because I'm dumb and didn't hold onto things, but somehow I still have that Evac. He's missing every accessory and I think a little chewed up from a childhood dog long passed, but I don't care. Just happy I somehow still have it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr Fingelblender

Dr Fingelblender Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    GoBot Stakks with the blue trailer, I think- my older brother and I had a fair few Gobots before any Transformers.
    He got Soundwave and Buzzsaw, I think my first actual TF was Warpath.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vicegrip

Vicegrip Well-Known Member

I got Beast Wars Rampage, Fox Kids Dinobot, and Fox Kids Cheetor for my birthday. I don't remember if I got Fox Kids Rhinox that day also, but I feel like I bought him the day after with my birthday money. I still have Rampage, the most senior member of my collection (not the oldest though, since I acquired some pre-owned figures through eBay).

• Like Like x 2
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread just reminds me that every Transformers series out there is somebody's G1! It makes me feel old too, lol.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Megatron! What a great first toy packed to the brim with features.

I couldn't resist buying the new one at full price as soon as I saw it at retail. A huge nostalgia trip!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood 3-Word Chant

Computron is my favorite combiner and I’m a little jealous of that frame. My mom got me Strafe as a surprise after-school present back in 1990. I loved that figure, but never got any of the other Technobots to complete the set as a kid. This is a really cool way of preserving that joy. Hats off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I definitely was inspired by this image I saw… I think it would be awesome to frame out your very first figure and put it somewhere special!!

IMG_2323.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood 3-Word Chant

Ooh. Think I’d want to do me some Autobot cars. Prime, Jazz, and the Lambos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    To the best of my memory, it was the Micromaster Construction Patrol. I think they were on clearance when I got them. Crumble (second from the left) was the one I remember the most; the others were kind of a blur.

crumble037.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

G1 Bumblebee. Sadly I no longer own my childhood copy. I gifted it to my nephew & his mum eventually threw it in the bin.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

I had a lot of transforming toys back then, most of them KO from Power Rangers, Brave series and also those realistic dinosaurs that transforms into robots(those were my Dinobots), among them was a set of military vehicles that transforms into robots and can combine into a bigger robot.

They were sold as two separate carded packaging one with a long truck with a space shuttle and the other are a bunch of military vehicles. I got the first one mostly because I never had a space shuttle toy before but the long truck did some cool things like transforming into a square ramp and his bot mode looks very menacing.
    IMG20240516164501.jpg
    This was my first Transformers toys that I didn't even know was from Transformers because back then I only remembered some episodes of G1, the movie & Beast Wars/Machines. There's also a KO Mach Kick but I'm pretty sure he came after the above set.

As for none KO's its Cybertron Excellion(along with a Japanese Fast Action Battlers Optimus but he's in pieces right now)who I thought was Hot Rod just in a different style because look at him the similarities are too much.
    IMG20240516164643.jpg

The first TF that I bought on my own was Animated Soundwave(and maybe with Classics Hound)but he's in storage right now so here is Laserbeak who came from the same packing.
    IMG20240516164836.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Voyager Class

News Credits:
    Holy crap man. He was my first Transformer too! I recall getting him (I think for my birthday) in 2006.

Although later in life I focused on collecting from the Movieverse, I've never stopped loving Excellion. Sometimes less is more and this guy proves it. He proved that you don't need a lot of steps to create a great figure and great toy. That is why I'm so excited for the upcoming Legacy Hot Shot. I want to pay tribute to that figure I got 18 years ago that introduced me to this magical world.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ashley Wilbanks

Ashley Wilbanks TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Mine was a Sideswipe for my birthday in 84. Just a few short weeks after the debut of the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. evenstaves

evenstaves you maverick renegade

i don't know about which was the actual first, but the earliest one I remember having, was G1 Seaspray

I remember thinking he sucked, lol
    (wanted my TFs bigger)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus77

Rodimus77 Well-Known Member

1000031519.jpg
    Brawn was the first transformer I ever got. A friend of mine got him for me as a present for my 7th birthday in 84.
    Little did I realize that this was about to send me on a 40 year plastic crack addiction.
    Thanks a lot Jon.
    1000031518.gif

• Like Like x 3