What was your first 3P purchase and do you still have it?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by duttry98, May 3, 2016.

1. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Battle Rollar? I think. Oh dear. Some fascinating ideas but not exactly pulled off well and brittle as all hell. Then it was City Commander and well.. rabbit hole.

2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Igear PP-01B and I still have it, and that is only because I cant sell it anymore, maybe cause I added some steel grey paint instead of the flat grey that wasn't a perfect application from factory. I had to tighten all the joints, as it sucked balls from the box, but it is still on the too light side, not sure what plastic they used to use, but it was too light.

Fortunately, the next one after that was FT Quakewave, and that was damn good, damn very good. Sold it though, as I was changing focus and needed the space / money for FT Dinos ;) . But, I am back on the market for a Shockwave.

3. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TW-01B Hegemon... Wish I could've gotten the original, but it was long gone after I started collecting so had to settle for the rerelease.

Still have him. I don't see any other Megatron, released or upcoming, ever replacing him for my Classics shelf.

4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

5. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warbotron Brawl

6. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

It was the Hercules KO.

7. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

I went to a friends house and saw his rotf bruticus with the munitioner and explorer add on set and fell in love .. My wife bought me the munitioner explorer combo set for Father's Day when they first came out and I managed to snag the last United bruticus at tfsource at the time.. He may look a little dated next to other combiners , but like snowman and the original superion add on sets he holds a special place in my collection and will not be sold any time soon

8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it was City Commander set when BBTS (was it BBTS?) first put it up. Still hanging onto Classics Magnus like limpets so probably never parting with it.

Can't remember what was next.......The FP Bruticus Upgrades, FP Defender or PE Shadow Warrior preorder (which seemed to take forever to happen.)

9. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

PE Reflector. Nope, he was sold recently.

10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    wow.... ive only heard of that, never seen it.

11. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

Pretty sure City Commander was the first 3P product I purchased, unless some of the garage kits/custom fodder, like replacement heads or weapons happen to predate him.

I also have a number of customs that I did before the 3P revolution.

I know I still have all of them.

12. Maverickk

Maverickk Well-Known Member

Fansproject Colossus set.
    Still have it and upgraded it again with the Shadow Fisher set to make it match in scale to the other Maketoys Gestalts.

13. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First 3P figure was Green Giant. He still stands proudly at the front ranks of my combiners. One of the best figures I own and I think the most solid combiner to date IMO.

14. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I know people don't love Giant's size but that doesn't really matter too much to me. For me at least he's easily my favorite combiner even comparing to newer Devastators like ToyWorld or GT.

15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Fansproject Protector. Nope, I don't still have it, I sold it off with the rest of my classics collection.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    My first 3P purchase was the WST Dinobots about 4 or 5 years ago,then nothing for about 3 years until last year when I discovered the FansToys FT Dinobots then inside of that year I have ordered Scoria,Soar,Sever,and soon to have in my collection Stomp.

Also I have ordered other 3P's of MMC PS01 Sphinx (Mirage),FT15 Willis (Hound),and plan on ordering FT08 Grinder (Grimlock) later in the year.I may order more 3P figures if they look good and aren't unreasonably priced.That's all for now.

17. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    City commander would be my first big item, but I also had the unicron.com items which may predate that. I've pretty much been in since the beginning.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Reproduction Brave Maximus weapons, and I still have them with no plans to part with them.

19. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Fans Toys Soar for me. Saw a picture and I was smitten. Had mostly fallen off the TF grid apart from comics, but now I'm up the eyeballs in 3P and Masterpieces.

As for Soar, centre space, top shelf surrounded by MP-08, Sever, Scoria and a Stomp-shaped gap.

So close....

20. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

My first 3P was Quakewave. So yeah, you can imagine how quickly I jumped at the idea of adding more 3Ps to the collection. :D 

I still have him. I plan to keep him. I put some clear-backed chrome decals on his forearms, and he still looks so impressive to me.

I've sold quite a few other 3Ps to upgrade when more suitable releases come along, but no regrets as of yet.

Just curious, has anybody out there gotten rid of an official product, so they could replace it with a Third Party? I have a feeling this is more commonplace than many of us would like to believe lately! haha