What was your favorite star wars movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Mcclot5472, Oct 21, 2014.

?

What was your favorite Star wars film

Poll closed Nov 20, 2014.
  1. Episode I The Phantom Menace

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  2. Episode II Attack of The Clones

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Episode III Revenge of The Sith

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. Episode IV A Hew Hope

17 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. Episode V The Empire Strikes Back

37 vote(s)
    48.1%
  6. Episode VI Return Of The Jedi

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Phantom menace would of been more enjoyable if jarjars hand had been cut off in Anne's pod racer engines ;) 

2. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

I didn't really like any of them, but I guess I'd go with Revenge of the Sith if I had to pick one.

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    He wasn't that bad! There have been worse comedy reliefs

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Jar Jar just gets a bad rap. I mean, all he did was boom da gasser, den crashen der bosses heyblibber, den banished.

I bet if they made a really bad-ass short prequel film of a young punked out Jar Jar stealing Boss Nass' car (heyblibber) and crashing it into/blowing up the Gungan's oxygen generator (da gasser) after a long high-speed chase everyone would warm up to him. :p 

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. My thoughts exactly. :) 

EDIT - I'll at least add the "why" for #1. I grew up watching the Star Wars trilogy on VHS. ROTJ has always been my favorite. From Jabba's palace to the final battle going back and forth between Endor and the Emperor's ship, I love it all. The speeder bike chase in the forest is still one of my favorite parts of all the movies. Luke is no longer whiny, but a confident dressed-in-black badass Jedi. ESB is a very close second, but ROTJ is my top pick.

6. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Childhood, only watched the other movies once and I don't remember them that well. So...that's the only one I can definitely say I liked, since I don't remember :eek: 

(Plus 12 year old me had a crush on Ashoka :tongue: )

7. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    ESB for me especially since it was the first Star Wars movie I actually watched.

My lists goes:
    1. ESB
    2. ROTS
    3. ROTJ
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
    6. AOTC

8. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    C3p0 in his infancy and obi provided enough comic relief . You know as the story goes now jarjar was last seen in carbonite . Not nocking you for liking him though i liked origins wolverine lol

9. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Sith, honestly.

It was the film that got kid-me into Star Wars, I wanted all the figures, I'd freak out whenever a preview was on TV, and I saw it multiple times in theaters... kid-me didn't notice Hayden Christensen's bad acting or anything like that, and even though I guess it's Nostalgia goggles clouding the flaws, it's still one of my favorite movies ever.

Though whenever I re-watch, I usually skip to the Grevious vs Obi Wan fight, while the first half is okay, the second half is pure gold, at least in my opinion :p 

10. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I'm not saying I like him, I'm just saying he doesn't deserve the bashing he gets, there are far worse comedy relief guys.

11. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

The best movie was ESB, but my favorite will always be ROTJ.

12. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I voted ESB, and while it is overall my favorite, ROTJ becomes my absolute favorite once the Battle of Endor actually starts. Luke vs. Vader round 2 is the greatest lightsaber duel in the entire series.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not in Star Wars, which is all that matters.

14. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

ALL OF THEM.

Really just the original trilogy as a three way tie. I voted Empire Strikes Back for being the darkest and strongest story. Each have their pros just depends what your in the mood for. I don't hate the prequels they are part of my childhood along with the originals. I enjoy them but know they are not as high in quality as 4,5, and 6.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i've always liked return of the jedi most, followed by empire, followed by the clone wars, then a new hope. and the rest. i personally just ignore the prequels. as the clone wars makes a much better prequel. and does a better job of making you believe that these characters actually become the characters in a new hope at some point.

Hayden doesn't make you believe anything he's saying or doing.

16. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Phantom Menace, but only because of Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Maul. The rest sucks.

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Fuck knows, I need to buy the blu-ray box set.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith the most.

I hope the new trilogy is great.

19. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

In order -

ESB
    SW
    ROTJ
    Waterboarding
    TPM
    ROTS
    AOTC

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I grew up watching the prequels first, and then about last week I was finally able to watch the original films (life happens while you're making other plans).

The great appeal of these films are their then-unprecedented worldbuilding abilities. The alien species, the Jedi and Sith Orders, the tech, all contribute to make these films a gateway to another enchanting universe. It also helps that there are some great VFX (both props and CGI), passionate performances from the cast and of course John William’s enchanting scores that enhance these films and make them grand spectacles.

I can't really rate them, but I can just give my opinions on these films (in chronological order).

ORIGINAL TRILOGY
    A New Hope – where it all begins: a young farmboy embarks on a quest to take on a ruthless empire and its deadliest weapon. A space tale with elements of Western/Samurai films, it forms a great standalone story about a boy who becomes a hero, and makes a great introduction to the Star Wars universe.

The Empire Strikes Back – the sequel that set the standard. Things get worse for the heroes, the bad guys are more unstoppable and far more developed. And the twist, for someone who grew up knowing it before seeing the film, is wonderfully done and packs a punch.

Return of the Jedi – this film tends to get sidetracked with events involving Jabba the Hutt and the Ewoks. But the main plotlines are more profound and emotional, with the fate of the galaxy, and Luke Skywalker, in the hands of Darth Vader, and that makes his actions the more satisfying to see.

PREQUEL TRILOGY
    The Phantom Menace – the weakest in the bunch, sadly. Anakin’s a boy and he gets to ride a jet, Jar Jar Binks does nothing helpful, midi-chlorians, and much of the film rehashing many of the OT’s scenes... Thanfkully Qui-Gonn Jinn and Darth Maul save this film from being an utter repeat.

Attack of the Clones – Things start to improve here. The Republic takes its first steps towards becoming an Empire, Anakin starts to turn, Dooku makes a wonderfully sinister villain, and Yoda kicks aft.

Revenge of the Sith – I gave this film my vote. It effectively bridges the gap between the old and new films, and completes Anakin’s journey into becoming Darth Vader. And holds one of the greatest ever swordfighting duels I have ever seen.
    Star Wars Ep III: Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker [immolation scene] [HD] - YouTube

Can’t wait for SW7 and what it brings.