What was the most dumbest criticisms you’ve ever heard for hating the bumblebee movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Nov 24, 2019.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the bumblebee movie. it has great characters, great action scenes, and it stayed mostly true to the source material.but I’ve heard a lot of people hated it , some of their criticisms are fair like the movie was unoriginal, and some criticisms are just plain dumb like someone said that they hated bumblebee because the designs in the cybertron scene were not g1 enough , so what was the most dumbest criticisms you’ve ever heard for the movie

2. KingFishfingers

KingFishfingers Well-Known Member

Back when I was still lurking these forums (long before I made an account), there was this one guy who seemed genuinely convinced that Paramount had tricked its viewers into watching a teen drama instead of a Transformers film.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Lol seriously? That’s so dumb

• Like Like x 3
  4. KingFishfingers

KingFishfingers Well-Known Member

Yep! And the cherry on top was him complaining that Charlie having a "boy's name" and Memo having an "androgynous name" was a sign of a "social agenda". It's been nearly a year and I'm still speechless.

• Like Like x 7
  5. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Same like wtf

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    While I wouldn't say they "tricked" people, it definitely felt more like a teen drama to me than any other Transformer media I've witnessed.

• Like Like x 7
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    On the plus side, it was good human drama. Was it generic? Sorta. Was it worse and less meaningful than?
    • Kid buys a car to get laid
    • Kid goes to college with crackhead tinfoil wearing conspiracist and a sexualised not-Terminator
    • College graduate gets a job with John Malkovich, McDreamy and his sexy hot girlfriend
    I don't think so.

EDIT: wrong wording, totally changed what I was trying to say. My English's seen better days lately :p 

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    How when they still criticized the designs even though they were the designs they cried for for the last 10 years

• Like Like x 6
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

the criticism of blitzwing's namesake, on it's own its fine as a nitpick but the extremity of how angry some people were over it was ridiculous

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Probably CinemaSins' review. I still can't get over how much they had to stretch the facts to make the movie seem bad. The worst was probably when they criticized the fact that Blitzwing has Decepticon symbols on his missiles, and they asked "where does he store them in robot mode?". I get nitpicking, but...I still fail to see how those could even be interpreted as flaws. Even worse, the camera actually focuses on where he stores the missiles a few minutes later...it even becomes an important point. Those people make a living off criticizing movies, and they apparently went out of their way to do research on other things (like Shatter and Dropkick's names, and years that certain cassettes came out.) Nitpicking is one thing, but they were quite literally just making stuff up and hoping people wouldn't notice.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Oh, I remember his lunacy. It was so wonderfully deranged. It made my day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Cinemasins is never serious criticsm. It's just a load of rubbish to pad out a 20 minute video, and when they try serious criticsm, it just seems like they missed alot of important but subtle things. They can't do subtle.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Dumbest one? "Too kiddy". And that that is a bad thing.

Bumblebee is no more "kiddy" than any given entry in the MCU. It's just that it's targeting the film towards an all-ages audience, rather than exclusively tweenage boys, with more of a focus on a coherent story and good characterisation. There's also no vulgar humour and no gut-splatteringly brutal violence, which the Bayverse had.

And, besides, what's wrong with something being "kiddy"? I will stand up as a straight-as-they-come male and say that Frozen was the best film of 2013; it's a simple, meaningful story about self-acceptance, letting others into one's life and the power of familial love. The only film I would say came close to it in quality was Pacific Rim; Iron Man 3 and The Desolation of Smaug were alright and Thor: The Dark World and The Wolverine were mostly disappointing.

To all those people who moaned that Bumblebee was too kiddy (and that that was a negative thing); I shall offer you this. The first two Kung Fu Panda movies (ostensibly "kiddy" movies) have complex and three-dimensional antagonists; Tai Lung has semi-sympathetic motivations and a tragic backstory, whilst Lord Shen is a complex character with serious issues in his past that somehow manage to keep him sympathetic despite his actions throughout the narrative of the film.

The Fallen, by contrast, was a cackling maniac whose only motivation for slaughtering all the Primes and attempting to destroy all life on Earth seemed to be "CUZ TEH EVULZ!"

Which film is being more mature?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    CinemaSins is satirical.

A Discord friend of mine said that he thought Bee wasn't a reboot despite the fact Hasbro confirmed the fact, saying that it was a cheap move for fans "stuck in the 80s." says the guy stuck in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

If so, it's very poorly done satire. And what's it a satire of? Nitpicky moviegoers who can't follow basic plots and whine about everything?

OK, if true, it's well done satire.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I've never been able to tell if they're satirical or not. Some of their criticisms are completely valid, some are nitpicks (which are still technically valid complaints, they're just insignificant), and some are just complete untrue nonsense (or extremely stretched). If all of their complaints were made up nonsense, that would actually be really funny (if it were played like they were misremembering stuff). But the fact that they do have real complaints gives off the impression that they think of themselves critics, to an extent. I agree that it's probably supposed to be satire, but it doesn't entirely come across that way.

• Like Like x 4
  17. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb

Everyone hating on John Cena.

[​IMG]

John Cena is awesome

• Like Like x 3
  18. mn_128875

News Credits:
    my friend told me this and this is no doubt the most worst criticism
    I’ve ever heard was someone hated the film because bumblebee and Charlie didn’t kiss

Personally I thought he was pretty cool in the movie

Yeah those people are kind of annoying someone said that bumblebee was prequel because Lorenzo and Travis knight said that it a prequel then when someone should the article about the film being a reboot he said that the article was lying and started cussing and me

Well they just could’ve named him redwing but the blitzwing thing didn’t really bother me

That’s a dumb a reason to hate the movie ,because it’s Kiddy it’s a movie about Bumblebee the most kid friendly transformer out there.why would the expect a last stand of the wreckers type of story about bumblebee? Me personally I don’t want all the future movies to be too kid friendly, bumblebee was pretty good I thought it balanced the kid friendly stuff and edgy stuff pretty well, don’t get me wrong I don’t want Extremely dark movies like BvS and watchmen type movies but I want them to balance the dark stuff and the kids stuff like prime did

Their review was just plain stupid

Exactly! Some guy was complaining about shockwave’s gun and that person thought bumblebee was supposed to be set only on cybertron and thought hasbro was lying to us even though Travis knight and the trailers were clearly saying it’s about Charlie and bumblebee’s relationship

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    There are a lot of videos on Youtube explaining why this is absolute BS and an awful excuse. CinemaSins is a terrible channel and anyone citing them for any kind of serious criticism needs to look elsewhere.

• Like Like x 8
  20. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Back in spring I showed Bumblebee to a group of friends. When Shatter and Dropkick started firing up the tower at the end, one person in the group said something like "Oh boy, get ready to see another sky laser!" Granted it wasn't a reason for hating the movie as much as he was worried that it was going to be a cliche moment, but that comment still came across as a bit weird to me. He even repeated it several times throughout the climax. I mean, the movie had already explained the villains' plan, and it didn't involve a laser shooting into the sky (or even really imply it). Not a super dumb reason, but still kind of goofy.

Also, I'm pretty sure anther friend was ticked off that the military was portrayed as villainous. Granted Sector 7 was more of a military-like organization, and they were more cautious than evil. But this friend also thinks the first Guardians of the Galaxy takes place on Earth. She has a brother in the military, and seems to be very touchy about the subject. She got into an argument with someone halfway through the movie about her brother being disrespected or something. I don't know for sure if it was about the movie, but I strongly suspect it was, considering it happened during one of Burns' scenes, combined with the fact that she seemed determined to hate the movie ever since I first told her about it.

• Like Like x 3